Toribash
Original Post
Forum Shoutbox.
I think it would be a great idea to have a "Shoutbox" on the forum. So that people can chat with eachother on the forums without having to use Pm, irc, threads. On a couple of forums i was member with they had shoutboxes. And one of them actually made it so that the shoutbox was a firefox extension. So that people aren't forced to use it. If it is supported i could also give assistance with the HTML and CSS coding.

What XBOXMB's Shoutbox looks like.

Very basic but it did the job.
Thanks for reading and giving opinions.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
I present to you a fully functioning Toribash 'shoutbox'.
http://forum.toribash.com/chat_view....annel=toribash

It's not even that different from what's on your picture. Simple, easy. Open the link, select a name. Click connect and you're done. Chat to your heart's content!

(Separate forum shoutbox thing not supported from me)
Shoutbox can be on the main screen. The irc is in an entirely different section.
-----
Or at least move the irc to the homepage. It would encourage more people to use it,
Last edited by Regent101; Jan 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A shoutbox just would use space and additional ressources, beside that I bet all my TC that such a shoutbox will be filled with spam and other shit within some mins.

I've used shoutboxes on different projects and different forums, at least at all bigger forums the result was more or less the same. Big spam coming in or shutting off due to useless ressource waste.

Not supported from me
Check my Soundcloud ;)
I've never seen a shoutbox that didn't degenerate into childish crap & racist abuse. The community here is far from mature enough to handle such responsibility.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
It would require 24/7 moderation and irc is that much better.

Besides, most shoutbox plugins on vbulletin are vulnerable.
Only as much of a vulnerability as letting people post. All you'd need to do is charge people TC for shouting and strip out links.
Well, i think you guys are failing to see what my second idea was. It was a reply to what Solax And Deak said. Maybe you would actually move the irc to the homepage then? It would probably encourage more people to use it because it is right there. And also i mustn't be looking hard enough because i can't even find a link to the irc. I usually have to google it. If you people are going to do the usual and disagree with every and any sort of change at the minimal LEAST make it easier to find the damn irc.
Any/most users that use IRC daily use an IRC client, so having the webchat occupy space is pretty useless.

Especially since you'd be reconnecting every time you opened a new thread.