ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash's economy is kinda interesting when you think about it
You are allowed to do more than just buy stuff with it.
Some sell it, bet, duel, you can transfer between accounts, and even pay for other stuff(like art for example). It's like it has an actual monetary value.
I haven't came across any other game that has such system. Most of them are just points you can only spend and nothing else.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
That's probably because of the nature of the game as a whole. Unlike most games, the forums are an integral of TB itself. I don't think I can recall any games that have almost as many active players on the forums than they do the actual game. (If you know of one, lmk cause I'm way too young to be assuming such things)

It's odd because it seems like this currency system would be an obvious thing to implement, but most if not all games don't have it.

TB was just ahead of its time in regards to all the functions it brought for something made in 2006.
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
TC mostly only trickles upwards to the rich / good players and right now we are witnessing a trend of these rich players not able to circulate their TC back into the game which has starved the economy pretty funny situation honestly
Originally Posted by piss View Post
That's probably because of the nature of the game as a whole. Unlike most games, the forums are an integral of TB itself. I don't think I can recall any games that have almost as many active players on the forums than they do the actual game. (If you know of one, lmk cause I'm way too young to be assuming such things)

It's odd because it seems like this currency system would be an obvious thing to implement, but most if not all games don't have it.

TB was just ahead of its time in regards to all the functions it brought for something made in 2006.

The way Toribash is so customizable is also relevant. I don't see much how that system could be implemented in other games when the max customization you have is a premade skin(like guns in CSGO/CoD for example).
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
TC mostly only trickles upwards to the rich / good players and right now we are witnessing a trend of these rich players not able to circulate their TC back into the game which has starved the economy pretty funny situation honestly

Like how 1k usd worth of tc is locked behind a banned swaves and a forbidden itemp
Ily <3
Originally Posted by victortb View Post
The way Toribash is so customizable is also relevant. I don't see much how that system could be implemented in other games when the max customization you have is a premade skin(like guns in CSGO/CoD for example).

Well for CS it’s different because there’s no actual currency and everything you buy is with actual money.

You could argue that TF2 has a currency system like this since keys/refined is basically used as a placeholder for currency and people trade that shit all the time. Granted people trade unusuals more often but the value of unusuals are measured in keys/refined anyway. It’s not as customizable as TB but there’s still tons of combinations of different hats/weapon skins or variants that it allows for unique load outs and ideas.

Though this point is easily argued against so if you disagree I can’t really blame you.
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
Originally Posted by piss View Post
Well for CS it’s different because there’s no actual currency and everything you buy is with actual money.

You could argue that TF2 has a currency system like this since keys/refined is basically used as a placeholder for currency and people trade that shit all the time. Granted people trade unusuals more often but the value of unusuals are measured in keys/refined anyway. It’s not as customizable as TB but there’s still tons of combinations of different hats/weapon skins or variants that it allows for unique load outs and ideas.

Though this point is easily argued against so if you disagree I can’t really blame you.

No, I kinda agree. I didn't think throughout my example.
I don't remember if roblox had or has an ingame currency system, but I remember having brought something. That is kind of the closest to the TB's TC system, though that money is only available on each game you play.
-----
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Like how 1k usd worth of tc is locked behind a banned swaves and a forbidden itemp

Aren't there many long-gone players with thousands of tcs on their accounts?
or even banned ones
Last edited by victortb; Jun 2, 2021 at 06:57 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post

No, trust me when I say TC was never easy to come by. You have to legit be good at something or use money to get it.

Tbh, I havent seen too much of a change. If anything, it’s better obtained and circulated right now because influx.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.