ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Should the Old Ranking System be Implemented Again
Hi there, I've been playing Toribash since 2013, and one of my favorite aspect about this game has always been the old ranking system. The old ranking system I'm talking about is the ranking system before the monthly/seasonal resets and before matchmaking was a thing. If I recall correctly, the ranking system I'm talking about dates back before 2017, where players are able to play against each other on "ranked servers" to improve their elo. There were no ingame rewards for getting a good rank, and the only thing that drives people to get a good rank is to prove themselves as a capable player in this fine game. Back then, I remember trying my hardest to achieve a decent global ranking, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. From what I can see, there is no harm in bringing back the old ranking system, as the seasonal ranking system has been abandoned and I think the addition of the old ranking system might be a fun addition to the current game. Well anyways, this is just my opinion, and some may disagree, but I do really think that the old ranking system will be a fun addition to the current game.

Also the best reference I can find for the old ranking system is this except the monthly resets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaCw...channel=ConCon
Last edited by Loona; Feb 9, 2021 at 09:23 AM.
It would certainly be nice to have something for the time being as there is no ranked season going on rn. Having a rank to work towards is a nice incentive to have imo.

(im)

I personally believe even no actual rewards for it, just having a rank for the sake of having one is good enough. I remember when the old ranked system was around and it brought me in a more "competetive mindset", even if I was a completely new player to the game. I definitely support that, with or without any rewards for rank placement.
The old non-reseting ELO ranked system was my favorite ranked system that this game has ever had. Nevermind all the private room farming, the fact that every single person was participating made the higher ranking that more satisfying, and I would love to see it implemented again. I suppose if it was just public rooms that would be fine too.
golf
hella agree, i miss the old system a lot. i was really protective of my 15k rank back in the day omegalul. could just be an off season thing, but i would really like to see this make a full comeback
ナゲット
Originally Posted by Felnin View Post
I belive the old rank system and the "new" one doesn't work as it should. The rank number doesn't rly represent how good you are, just represents you spend alot of time grinding ranked rooms.

It's not a surprize that the best players of the game, will be always duelers, because rank doesn't mean anything.

I think we need to think about a new model to implement.

tbh, the amount of matches you would've amass if you did just grind your way to #1, and with the ''experience'' you get from it, imo youwould already make you decent enough, unless you've been grinding against brown belts that is.

besides, if you already have a high rank, fighting unranked or low elo opponents would grant you nothing, and if you were to lose to them you would lose more ELO than you would gain from winning against them.
My favorite times in this game were back when I’d be trynna surpass my favorite abd players ranks(anywhere from rank 1-5) I finally got in the top 10 and boom old ranking system gone. Imo that’s what made some people keep grinding the game. I had a lot of friends who don’t play anymore that we used to spend countless hours talking about what rank we finally got to. I’d love if the old ranking system came back.