Ranking
Original Post
save off topic
stop closing all the fun threads it's off topic not discussion ffs.
yes, please relax the rules I agree. The community is small enough without nazi staff forcing strict rules.
Maybe have a sub section in offtopic where the rules are a bit relaxed and can have some of these "fun" convos but not have it fount towards post count or something
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
The argument is usually that if you want to shitpost, get toriprime.
If you want to suggest an alternative way to enforce the rules, be specific about it. Show us the rules and suggest reasonable changes to them.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
The closing of these thread in Offtopic is specifically to avoid the breaking of Rule D.

For example, the celebrity thread would results in a bunch of one word posts, posts that don't explain anything about their meeting, etc etc. Therefor, it's just easier to close the thread at the start and save the trouble of having to delete a bunch of posts and warn a bunch of people.

It's very important that when you make a thread, you make it high-quality; see Moonshake's big red announcement. If you do make a question thread, which we are trying to get people to avoid, make sure it is a question that can't be simply answered in one word. Those are the types of threads that will end up getting closed.

But yeah, as Lazors said, those threads are all in ToriPrime, where people are having a ball. You can go ahead and suggest possible rule changes (other boards), but you have to also prove why it is worth having these types of rule changes and/or new board, since just a few months ago Offtopic was absolute shit. We do not want any board (or potential new board) to turn into the shit-flinging fest that Wibbles became.
Perhaps, instead of immediately closing those kinds of threads, you could encourage users to post with more detail. Giving the thread a chance to live before crushing it.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Perhaps, instead of immediately closing those kinds of threads, you could encourage users to post with more detail. Giving the thread a chance to live before crushing it.

Can't speak for everyone else, but I usually do. Perhaps a rewording of some rules to give threads a chance would be fine, but in the eyes of some moderators, if it breaks a rule, it's liable to be closed. I know you know and everyone else knows the moderators are just doing their job according to the global rules and the specific rules set within said board, this case being off-topic. But if moderators are just doing their job, what's to say?

This isn't directed at just you, but everyone. You're just someone to quote on.
If we want to grow on this and perhaps make some suggestions to improve the board in a way that all the moderators can agree on, we're all ears.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

This, look in discussion, the lmods there (Zelda,ele) will try to edge the conversation to fit the rules or give a thread a chance to blossom, which people enjoy, as it shows that the staff their aren't breathing over their necks like in offtopic. Their, they don't give them chances. Toribash is way to small of a community to have this much enforcement of rules and policy's and these ridiculous restrictions.

The argument is usually that if you want to shitpost, get toriprime.

"Want to have fun on a gaming forum? SPEND MONEY!"

yeah no, i'd rather the game itself be worth money, not the forums
Last edited by Furry; Mar 25, 2016 at 04:22 PM.
I'm going to assume that you're referring to this thread:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=555269

Off-Topic is not a reincarnation of Wibbles, we'd rather ToriPrime be that, as previously mentioned. We want Off-Topic to simply be a more relaxed discussion board, where more of the serious topics are strictly only for the actual Discussion board. The thread I linked will only result in pages of picture-spam and will become just one giant eyesore, so the Off-Topic LMods are quite justified in closing it.

I usually did that if I saw the thread had some sort of chance of not becoming a shitfest. If the thread didn't stand a chance, I would close it as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Coine View Post
"Want to have fun on a gaming forum? SPEND MONEY!"

yeah no, i'd rather the game itself be worth money, not the forums

Correction: "Want to have fun on a gaming forum for a free game? SPEND MONEY!"

You support Nabi Studios by buying ToriPrime, you get to post the funniest rage comics on an awesome new board for 1 year.
Last edited by Moonshake; Mar 25, 2016 at 11:17 PM.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder