Toribash
Original Post
Modexplainations ingame
I suggest to add a link in the motd of every public room which links to a closed thread on the forum in which the respective mod is explained in a few short sentences plus a few tipps for this mod aswell.

I see a lot of players enter rooms who ask things like "what is this mod?","what are the rules here?" or "how is this mod different from abd"? etc.
Ofcourse you can say they just have to check the gamerules but ,tbh, the information given in the gamerules for noobs is lackluster at best since most noobs dont know which gamerules are the important ones they have to look at to get an idea of the mod and even if they do they dont know the difference in those rules to the mods they know already.

Another pro of this would be to guide new players to the forum where they maybe discover new things they might like.

I am honestly baffled this was not added many,many years ago btw.
With a surge of new players, during the last few weeks, many players are confused, and need some guidance from other players. I totally agree with Kane!!
+Supported

This would also be nice for toribash's teachers. The ones of us whom try and assist other players progress.

Especially if the link they followed was public enough for anyone to post anything related to those mods.
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
Pointless to say ingame in the title when you need to open the browser, and the game aims to be less forum dependant. Unless it's fully integrated ingame it has no purpose, the game has no newbie tips as one time pop-ups, those can be helpful without being annoying. The game interface isn't newbie friendly, let's not make it weirder.
I'd rather suggest an optional tutorial for every official mod
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel
Originally Posted by MariaVirgine View Post
Pointless to say ingame in the title when you need to open the browser, and the game aims to be less forum dependant. Unless it's fully integrated ingame it has no purpose, the game has no newbie tips as one time pop-ups, those can be helpful without being annoying. The game interface isn't newbie friendly, let's not make it weirder.

Ingame may have been a poor choice of words,i only meant to have a link ingame which you can open with one click to get to a modexplaination.It would still have a massive purpose and it would guide newbies to the forum where they can discover clans and events and such.

Originally Posted by Guard View Post
I'd rather suggest an optional tutorial for every official mod

@both:the whole point of this suggestion is: you do not have to code anything,you do not have to make a tutorial for every mod - all you have to do is write a few lines for every mod and add a link to the motd in the publicrooms,that is why i am baffled it has not been done many years ago already.
If there are good tutorials or good ingamepopups - very good ,add them ,but the fact is there are neither of those at the moment.
Yeah, no. It's annoying to open the browser, why rush with an incomplete idea? It's easier to explain it in the MOTD if it's just a few lines.