Toribash
Original Post
Dueling Forum/SubForum
A Dueling board where duelers can make threads / posts offering duel stakes. This could help out with documentation in scams as a lot of the deal making for the duel will be done over the forums, instead of in-game where screenshots always manage to elude us. In the stickied threads part of this forum, there could be a well maintained list of "Trusted Duelers" contained of player name's who don't scam as well as their preferred dueling range, mods, & GMT. In this thread, it can additionally be added of Un-Trusted Duelers. AKA the black list. Im sure other threads from other boards can be merged to this one about "How to prevent getting scammed" etc.

Threads in this board could account for:

[DS] Tag : "Duel Searching" Implying your title states what item you are attempting to duel for, in the body of your initial post you will specify what you are willing to put up to duel for it. I.E. 350k, or full alpha imp + full void, etc.

[DO] Tag: "Duel Offering" This title stats what you HAVE, and you may post interests of what you want to duel for in the body of your initial post. People can post counters of what they want to duel for etc.

[D?] Tag: (In-case Im missing something, just suggest it)

Examples:

[DS] Full 512x512 Textures

Im looking to duel anyone with Full 512x Textures:
On my account I have Full Void, Full Alpha, Full 128x, Icecream, and 400k. Im willing to put up a max item value of 300k, counters accepted.

[DO] Full Void

I have Full Void, Im looking to duel for around 200k for it. Counters?

Anyways, just a suggestion... thought it would be fun
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Couldn't you just make a thread in the events forum (if that isn't against the rules)?
You can also ask people to duel you ingame. So I dont think that a dueling forum is needed.
Either way, not supported

i am a bird now - Lil B

Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
Couldn't you just make a thread in the events forum (if that isn't against the rules)?
You can also ask people to duel you ingame. So I dont think that a dueling forum is needed.
Either way, not supported

Well firstly, dueling isn't an event. So I doubt the clutter of such threads in that area would be greeted happily

Secondly, having a forum would be a convenience, just as having a market forum is. You can market in-game too, you can clan-talk in game too. The point of the forums is to have another place to do such things which isn't in-game.

When you make your thread it will be left there so that every time zone of player can see it and potentially offer on it. You can't tell someone sleeping that you want to duel them in-game because they're not going to be in-game to tell in the first place.

Additionally, the dueling community is growing and having a forum for it has multiple benefits with the only potential downside being "One more sub-forum" cluttering the site.
Last edited by DropKick; Feb 14, 2015 at 09:55 PM.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
This sounds good, duels have been weak recently, this might make the dueling community more active once again.
Also Rip mods that have to deal with the cancer
Totally Support this , sometimes you are in-game searching for someone to duel your items but no one wants , so this would give another option for duel which ins`t ingame so will be so helpfull.
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
Well firstly, dueling isn't an event. So I doubt the clutter of such threads in that area would be greeted happily

Secondly, having a forum would be a convenience, just as having a market forum is. You can market in-game too, you can clan-talk in game too. The point of the forums is to have another place to do such things which isn't in-game.

When you make your thread it will be left there so that every time zone of player can see it and potentially offer on it. You can't tell someone sleeping that you want to duel them in-game because they're not going to be in-game to tell in the first place.

Additionally, the dueling community is growing and having a forum for it has multiple benefits with the only potential downside being "One more sub-forum" cluttering the site.

I don't mean a thread for every duel, but just one thread in the events sub-forum for duels in general where you duelers can post like some kind of lobby.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Good suggestion, would indeed help the dueling community out as well as make it much easier to prevent and find scams. I don't think any sort of duel "offering" tags/threads would be needed. I don't think any tags would be needed at all actually, simple thread titles would be fine since duelers just posting lowball counters to offers would need constant moderation. Just a subforum to look and set up duels would be fine, with solid rules in place and as you suggested, a trusted and untrusted duelers list would be very nice to have. This list would have to be constantly updated by moderators of the board with alts of these untrusted duelers as well, which would be difficult to do (but not impossible).

I'm all for it and I wonder why this wasn't suggested sooner. Much easier than having to set up a duel server in game and have a bright red/pink desc in order to get people to come. Or begging for duels in bet servers or something like that, much neater way of finding duels I think. It would also make dueling more accessible.

As for dueling servers (which was mention by someone else, but I'll touch on it), I think adding two constant servers of 5k tc in boxshu mushu and abd would be a good start; since like it or not, those are the main mods being dueled in nowadays. With any success I think there would be inclination to set up at the most 2 others in more difficult mods with a higher stake (10k lenshu for example).
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Seems like a relativley good idea. I know when I actually have TC, I can't ever find duelers.

~Supported.
I'm just gamin' man
Ok well not only this, many people alreay forget to take screens when they take duels. If this is open to the public and posts are non-deletable (except for the staff ofc) then this could clear up lots of things.
supported
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource