Ranking
Original Post
Clan League Public Prop Set up.

the details before this big op

This colour means it's a change and it is locked in for this year, unless I get a very good reason for it.
This colour means it's a maybe, I haven't decided and would like feedback/suggestions on it.

*TITLE*

** Intro spiel **

*RULES*

Clans must list ALL participants in their roster (Changes to roster after sign up period is prohibited.)
Users found in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished and the clans involved will be disqualified (This includes multiple accounts found in one roster.).
Please note: It is your job to make sure and check with your roster in order to confirm they are not included in multiple rosters, or are included in a singular roster twice.
Failure to complete matches will result in disqualification in both clans unless proof is provided that one of the clans are making an effort to complete matches
Match scores should be clearly stated, as well as a list of participants and all replays.

*ROUNDS*

Straight KO. Randomised Seeding.

*Round Criteria*

Each clan will need at least 6 participants for this event.

This round (read as: the first round) will be best of 19. Each mod can only be played a maximum of 5 times.
Each person can only play a maximum of 4 games for their clan per match.

A randomly chosen clan will pick the first mod. After that, the clan that lost the match will pick the next mod.
Mods can not be played twice in a row.

Mod list:

boxshu_mushu_v5.tbm
aikidobigdojo.tbm
erthtkv2.tbm
lenshu3ng.tbm

*Proof of randomisation, either a video or a gif maybe. Probably done by using a spinner or maybe just an excel program with screen recording. I highly doubt I'll be doing it manually and making a video or anything.*

**Challonge Bracket **

Deadline for the group phase is ????, ??.

PRIZES

1st

Custom 3D Item
Clan Achievement Trophy
A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs)
18 Shiai Tokens
60K Clan Perk Points
500k TC

2nd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier VII+ Color Packs)
12 Shiai Tokens
30k Clan Perk Points
300k TC

3rd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier V+ Color Packs)
6 Shiai Tokens
15k Clan Perk Points
150k TC

You must have played at least ?? games in order to qualify for prizes.

We'd like to recommend that you organize your matches in the official Toribash server (link is in the Discord image) you are still welcome to use your own servers to organize matches, however.

NOTES::

THERE WILL BE DELAYS BETWEEN ROUNDS. BECAUSE BETS ARE BEING DONE BY ES.

Due to this, I won't allow early starting of matches, and depending on things, I may use an old system regarding the redraws of later rounds. But that depends on how many clans enter.
(All it really does is mean that the draw can be anyone vs anyone in any round. If you guys want an example of it being done, I'd refer you to the FA Cup in England, a football/soccer competition.)

Took out TP prize, will probably replace it with something else. Cause it's cheap now and allowing people to sell it got me some disgruntled DMs/pings from all kinds of people.

There have been changes to text that aren't coloured, but only cause they're just rephrasing, rather than actual changes to the system.

Changes :: This post had me change the boxshu mod from v5 to v3, with a reminder to make sure you guys turn off fracs manually.
Last edited by Icky; Apr 11, 2021 at 12:43 PM.
Originally Posted by discord dm
yo icker
i have a good reason
to change v5 to v3 with no fracs
v5 has a glitch where if u get ur abs dm'd, ur lumbars sometimes just dm for no reason at all. pretty well known glitch among the dueling community thus why everyone duels in v3 no fracs instead of v5

This is what I consider a "good" reason btw.
Kinda surprised no one brought that up until now, but no biggie. Will just leave it as v3 and you'll have to remember to turn fracs off.

P.S. if you leave fracs on it'll invalidate the match, even if no one fracs. So don't forget. :L
Last edited by Icky; Apr 11, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
https://www.diffchecker.com/3WfPYZCi
Diff Checker - thx sir.

Just so it's clear, v5 is only different in some spiel and the fracture changed from 1 to 0. So if the glitch actually exists, I can't tell where it's from, but of peace of mind and ignoring paranoia, we'll just use v3. \o/
Last edited by Icky; Apr 11, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
Literally never heard of that glich before

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
i've also never heard of that glitch before it's quite possible that the lumbar breaks from impact cuz abs are right next to it!?!?
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Touching the stomach body part causes a double dismemberment at both chest and lumbar.

This is not a glitch, but often goes unnoticed because chances are if you are making contact with that part of the torso you're going to touch more than one body part or joint. If, for example, the Tori is split at the lumbar, it is possible to dismember the chest remotely because the stomach stays connected to the abs. This would definitely look like a glitch but it is mechanic of the mod that has existed since the beginning.
Last edited by Shmevin; Mar 30, 2021 at 08:15 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Neat. v5 is back on the table then. But if remote dismember is a thing, then I'd be questioning the fairness of the mod itself, although it's a one in a million situation. Weird that it does it that way though.
CURRENT CL STUFF :: Ok so we'll just use v5 boxshu. I'd rather that then have potential to have matches voided cause they forgot to kill fracs on v3.

Art has been started, so that will come out soon.

Custom 3d item restrictions are as follows ::
As long as it doesn't block the other player from seeing a *considerable amount of yours OR their tori, it's fine.
*read considerable as blocking like 4 or 5 joints of your own/opponents tori in the T-pose, or any kind of extreme advantage. Objs are fun but I won't allow anything that needs opponents to hide objs just to see anything other than a ankle joint
4000 polys aka 8000 triangles

ALSO::

So, it's been suggested many a time before, but someone (they know who they are) came forward with a reasonable idea and put the effort into actually type up a solid framework that would have CL use a seasonal system, with 'Clan League' being the big event hosted around the May-July time, the rest of the year could get mini ones that could be made to increase ranking.
Which could secure entry spot into the next CL, among other things.

Obvious thing to point out, this would 100% make the 'random' seeding ridiculous, since at that point you'd be earning a position for just the entry position, which considering how cheap it is to enter anyway, it kinda becomes useless work.
On the flip side, following actual seeding means people can have a whole good season to secure a favourable place in the Clan League rankings for next year.
Could also have some enterprising people hire themselves out for the highest bidder for X matches/wars, or just for CL itself, imagine being paid something like 50k to win clan wars for others. I see you Goughy.

It means you have a reason to war other clans, and depending how particular you want to be, you could throw wagers on it too, since I've been told that's become more popular again recently.

Restrictions on player numbers would have to be far more lenient of course, but depending how well it goes, we could do rewards much like the solo ranking seasons get.

Currently, the outline is sitting in the ES board and it's getting some discussion, and unless the suggestion gets flamed to the depths of hell I'll make a thread on it when I've got CL itself more or less sorted.
Been a week, I don't have any real update, but making sure you're all aware I'm still looking at this thread in case any of you want to make comments or ask questions.

Otherwise, semi updates, but it's a lot of "Stuff is happening behind the scenes"

Still waiting on art, no rush at the moment though.

I had a think about changing the v5 mod into v6 or whatever, but I've decided against it.
I'm going to leave v5 the way it is, tb is the way tb is and I've got no feasible way to change it from DMing both joints without making one of them unable to be DM'd by the opponent, and that just add things into the mix that no one would have experience with.
Considering how people frown on using mods that aren't in the competitive scheme, I haven't even tried to even open a discourse for it so close to CL itself.

I should mention that the "Duelist Diligence!" event seems to be starting and will run along side CL. I stress the need for you to be extremely careful in which replays you submit. Because I will void any match(es) I suspect of being used for both events, and if I can't trust an entire list of replays given to me by a person, I'll DQ them entirely from the event, (whether the clan gets the same punishment will be a different decision) and the decision will be final.
However, I think that won't be necessary since I doubt anyone that does the instructions of both events effectively will accidentally manage to do that.

ES is also currently planning to have a couple ingame events come out, along with one that's done by a user with sirs help, so there's no weird overlap.
Last edited by Icky; Apr 18, 2021 at 06:20 PM.
Someone suggested making a rule regarding a minimum length of time for a user being a member of a clan before being elligable to play in CL.

Any opinions on this?
Given that challonge can handle total score, is there a reason to include the following and not just use the seed based on reccord to date as to who goes first?

A randomly chosen clan will pick the first mod. After that, the clan that lost the match will pick the next mod.

Given that you dont want to incentavice IDs or forfeited matches, or matches manipulated to an as even score as possible, that would be the reason, but then again, winning all your matches up to the finals and then having bad luck loosing to the randomizer in a close match would leave a feelbad, why not have the highest winrate to date choose first?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!