Toribash
Original Post
June Art Express

This months' Art Express is the first in Oyster's completely revamped format, and he hopes you enjoy it. It's been a tough one to write, and with the staggering amount of new
talent on the forum, it took quite a while to find and compile the best of the best. He's even added a few new features to accommodate the new wealth of fine art.

The Artist of the Month award this June goes to KungFuJC! This was an unusually difficult decision, but JC is an unsung hero of the art world and a highly underestimated talent.

KungFuJC's entry for the Best Creature Event

KungFuJC's old head.

With a totally unique style comprised of both striking realism and a powerful imagination, specifically in sci-fi esque pieces, KungFuJC is a force to be reckoned within the
artistic world-- and one I'm sure will be recognized in the future beyond our little forum.

KungFuJC’s incredible online sketchbook

As opposed to the Artist of the Month award, this was a no-brainer. Within only a month on the TB forums, this artist has
managed to master mapping and develop his own technique, simultaneously original and eclectic.

The Newcomer of the Month award for June goes, hands-down, to Ghiita!

Ghiita's "Ram Knight" head, slightly reminiscent of fawflaw's Pixel Warrior but with a dash of realism and a hefty dose of macabre.

Ghiita's latest set WIP; note the use of color and tones to offset the greyscale detail on the legs and head, and the beautiful, even shading throughout.

Some of Ghiita's other work:

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=35
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...41&postcount=1
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=10

Ghiita has also made several contributions to the community, including an excellent tutorial in the HTS on shading.

This months' best shop was also somewhat difficult to choose, as there seem to be a lack of talented artists producing request work. However, with a fresh and creative
layout (that obviously took quite a bit of effort to make) and some seriously awesome vectors, Ale and PRAdA's Burrito [shop] takes the proverbial cake.

The Vid of The Month Award for June goes to Bust3r for his Smile video, a stunning synthesis of brilliant camwork, excellent sync,
vibrant visual effects and an effective use of the beautiful new Real-Time Raytracing feature introduced in the release of Toribash 3.9.

HD YouTube Link

Also note the amazing intro with the original use of a real-life gymnastics clip skillfully blended into a Toribash replay and Bust3r's
innovative use of text and logo effects that has set the bar high for today's video-makers.

Last month Pate5 wowed us all with his incredible knight head-- but he didn't stop there. With yet another stunning blend of realism and
imagination, Pate5 takes the Texture of The Month award for June again with his knight set!

With a mind-blowing synthesis of flawless shading and incredible detail and tastefully and artfully rendered Gold details,
accents and trim on Platinum armor plating and chain mail, this is easily one of the most impressive Toribash texture sets of all time.
Sporting a war-worn look that conveys both the glory of the battle and the tolls of violence, this impeccable and
evocative piece of artwork sold for a whopping (and well-deserved) 300,000 ToriCredits. Bravo, Pate5.

The Art Express is written by Oyster.

All artwork shown in the Art Express is the sole property of its' owners or creators. The artworks shown cannot be published elsewhere without specific consent from the creator of the piece.
Doing so entails both plagiarism and theft of intellectual property, and will be punished accordingly.
Last edited by BlakNWyte; Jun 22, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
So I herd I won! DD

Also epic congratulations to everyone else!
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
Bust3r that video was really something! I wish i could do that.

And Pate5's knight set is one of the best textures ive ever seen. So much detail and such precisely accurate shading. Wow. I would think that would go for more than 300k.

Congratulations to all the winners.
Fuck this, I wanted to finish my vid and be in the art express... :V
Anyways, Bust3r's deserves it.
Originally Posted by flXy View Post
Fuck this, I wanted to finish my vid and be in the art express... :V
Anyways, Bust3r's deserves it.

You'll just have to finish it for next month, and compete with my video then. ^^
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
I'm pretty sure i can go saying that i'm not the only one who shitbrix when they saw pate's set. And then proceeded to have an eye-gasm when they watched bust3r's video.

Great stuff everybody.
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
I'm pretty sure i can go saying that i'm not the only one who shitbrix when they saw pate's set. And then proceeded to have an eye-gasm when they watched bust3r's video.

Great stuff everybody.

Nuff' said.

Amazing stuff, everyone.
KungFuJC where did u hide all this time? Niiice. Sorry that I didn't noticed u before (BenDover how did u miss to point out this guy?! XD). Great work! Congratulation! Also, gratz to other winners, Pete5 should I even say something? ... You are the best. Ghiita, bravo!. Buste3r, really cool, how much time went into that? :}