Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 3.9 development
Hi,

For those who want to test the alpha releases and follow development of 3.9 I will post updates here:

Here is the first alpha release. This is ONLY the exe file. Put it into your current toribash directory to test.
https://cache.toribash.com/tb-3.9-1.zip

New features I am testing in this build:
- Real time ray tracing - enable it in options. works with GeForce 9800 GT
- Shaders menu (open with ctrl-h)
- Reflective non-shader bodyparts/joints
Last edited by hampa; Mar 25, 2010 at 08:34 AM.
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
Sweet, graphics are all awesome now, just now we need some more gameplay options.

Seconded,I don't care about the graphics and I'm sure true players don't,we all care about the gameplay,I'm sure many would like mod triggers above the best graphics tb could have.
Originally Posted by Melmoth View Post
Well, the reflect effect is nice, but I think it should be like bumpmaps (when bumpmaps worked...) : something to add an effect to some joints or bodyparts (not necessary all your tori). For example, I like to see it on Uke, but not on my tori (which is dark and a little "evil"... I don't want it to shine !).

Players should have the choice to deactivate them just for their joints, and see it on others toris if the other players activate them...

The same with additional objetcs (mods, or my atmospheres script) : we should be able to deactivate these reflections (the atmospheres dojo with reflections looks like crap imo, and the FPS drops a lot with some atmospheres like winter night, where a lot of snowflakes are dispayed... we don't need the reflections here).

Is it possible ?

Still, very good work...

I support what Melmoth said. Maybe you could add separate lua functions for reflective objects:
draw_box_r
draw_box_m_r
draw_capsule_r
draw_capsule_m_r
draw_sphere_r
draw_sphere_m_r
Dunno if anyone wants an option for mod objects (on by default):
env_obj 5
reflective 0
Found bug
While pressing L to ungrab (easier way, because it dont moves the part that is behind) it dont works.
nice work hampa
nice work hampa but the hand click for grub and ungrab is little inaccurate
http://paolo93.on.toribash.com/ <....click Evil Grin
i see all the people that got the shaders to work but mine wont work. the reflective joints works perfect, but i turn on shaders in options and select shaders and it still hasnt worked. what are the requirements i need on my compter to get the shaders to work?
When I try to open the .exe file, it says to me that the SDL.dll hasn't been found. Maybe someone give me the solution?
OSHI - AM - TRG
RAKU
i can't use it!
i downloaded that file but i can't use it!
when i open it using winzip ,it shows a error and when i extracts it and open it ,it says the same error again!