Toribash
Original Post
Crashing or leaving with active bet
When you crash or leave with an active bet, your tc is just sunk.. gone..
My suggestion is that it should not be sunk. Even if you're gone, if you win
you get the profits, if you lose, the counters get the profits.


This would help in a lot of ways like when people ping or leave after they bet (unintentional)
and when people force ping or spec when they are about to lose (they would still lose their tc, but you would get it if you bet on the other guy).

The suggestion for this thread was that leaving, disconnecting, or pinging with an active bet on wouldn't sink your tc. The bet would still be in-play and if you won the bet, you'd get the profits, and if you lost, the counters (people who bet on the winning player) would get your tc.

Also, if the bets are canceled, you get your tc back.

-----------------
Yet another edit. This time it is to update the suggestion entirely. I realized an issue with the
original suggestion not too long ago, but here it is:

What if (let me use Flame's terminology) there are bets on Player 1 and on Player 2 and
one of them disconnects? Whether they self-bet or not isn't an issue here, but if a player
were to disconnect, be it by ping or intentionally leaving or spectating, that would mean
that the player loses, right?
So all of the people that bet on him would lose their bets, and the people who bet on
the one that didn't disconnect would win profits..
See, in this case, this suggestion would backfire as people would lose their tc (bets) just
because a player disconnects or decides to leave after you bet on him.

Sorry I didn't think of this earlier, but I think we don't have to totally scrap the idea,
just rethink it a little.
Lets see.. What if this was limited only to when people disconnect, leave, or ping only in
the Queue, meaning that if a player leaves or disconnects while playing, all bets are
payed back, except for his. And if a player disconnects after placing a bet, but is not
playing
(in-queue or spec), his bet stays active, like was originally suggested.
This way, you ONLY lose your tc (bet) if the player you bet on actually loses his match
.
Last edited by GodUsopp_old; Mar 21, 2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Please don't use sizes and colours to empathize your point. Use bold if anything. Thanks!
There are too many loop holes that can get around this to be able to abuse incase you lose. (Already explained above). But, I have always wanted this implied. Incase you ping, lag out, or something. But there's that force Ping incase you're afraid of losing. There isn't a way to get around it. You can't plan for everything.
Don't support this at all. This would be so heavily abused it wouldn't even be funny. If anyone did a bet over 10k they would leave when they were about to lose, all you have to do to ping is pull out your ethernet cable. This would seriously shit on betting servers. Best way to combat losing TC by pinging is to just not bet unless you know you have a stable and secure internet connection (wifi be damned)

#no support here

EDIT: also yeah the 2nd idea isn't bad, it would be cool if you could leave the server and still get the TC if you won. That would be something I definitely would support.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Originally Posted by GodUsopp View Post
Then why did you suggest that people should get their tc back if "they leave or ping"?

Now you're saying that they shouldn't get anything, which is what it is now

Leaving can be something that can sometimes be an accident. Reconnecting shouldn't happen at all. Losing connection on toribash means you should get TC back because you never know its toribash acting up or just your internet.
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
There are too many loop holes that can get around this to be able to abuse incase you lose. (Already explained above). But, I have always wanted this implied. Incase you ping, lag out, or something. But there's that force Ping incase you're afraid of losing. There isn't a way to get around it. You can't plan for everything.

Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
Don't support this at all. This would be so heavily abused it wouldn't even be funny. If anyone did a bet over 10k they would leave when they were about to lose, all you have to do to ping is pull out your ethernet cable. This would seriously shit on betting servers. Best way to combat losing TC by pinging is to just not bet unless you know you have a stable and secure internet connection (wifi be damned)

#no support here

EDIT: also yeah the 2nd idea isn't bad, it would be cool if you could leave the server and still get the TC if you won. That would be something I definitely would support.

... Ok... The suggestion for this thread was that leaving, disconnecting, or pinging
with an active bet on wouldn't sink your tc. The bet would still be in-play and
if you won the bet, you'd get the profits, and if you lost, the counters would
get your tc.

JayXManHD's post (suggestion) is not the original suggestion for this thread,
he was just suggesting that your tc should be payed back if you leave or ping,
so lets just ignore that because we all know that's a bad suggestion.
-----
Originally Posted by JayXManHD View Post
Leaving can be something that can sometimes be an accident. Reconnecting shouldn't happen at all. Losing connection on toribash means you should get TC back because you never know its toribash acting up or just your internet.

And I can't just leave and say it was an accident?
There are also many ways to force a disconnect, fairly easy might I add..

What I am suggesting would guarantee that you'd only lose your tc if you lost
that bet and nothing else. Your suggestion is an easily abusable one.
Last edited by GodUsopp_old; Mar 16, 2015 at 09:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by GodUsopp View Post
Reasons, please?

I wouldn't suggest this because there are others issues with this. You never know when there is an active bet and then you do something by accident like leave. Let's say they were gonna cancel bets and they forgot to. So they reset or fuke someone the game and then where would all the TC go?
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
Originally Posted by JayXManHD View Post
I wouldn't suggest this because there are others issues with this. You never know when there is an active bet and then you do something by accident like leave. Let's say they were gonna cancel bets and they forgot to. So they reset or fuke someone the game and then where would all the TC go?

If they cancel bets, you get them back..
The suggestion that JayXManHD made is not the suggestion for this thread.
READ THE FIRST POST.
If you are, however, referring to the "loopholes" of my suggestion, which ones?
-----
Anyway, updated the first post with more info and clarification.
There is also an issue with the suggestion that I posted at the bottom of the first post.
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 17, 2015 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Please do not use sizes or colors or anything that makes your post obnoxious to read. And control your anger.
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
That could be abused so hard.
But i like the idea where the bet stays active, and if u win it u still get the tc. If u loose it, that's it, somebody else gets the tc.

this wouldnt make any difference so its a good idea


Player 1 - Bets 1,000TC on uhh.. Hampa
Player 2 - Best 100tc on uhh.. kikipro

Player 1 disconects because his pet rabit hit his internet stick out
Player 2's bet wins as kikipro decapitates hampa,
500tc is given to uhh insanity because he really needs it and he bet it
100tc goes to kikipro


thats exactly how it could work.

and i belive it would have a similar coding as the /cancelbets command

and jaymans suggestion
NoNoNoNo (etc)

Why?

P1= Bets 1,000,000tc on a white belt ..
P2 is insanity fighting the whitebelt

P1 is about to lose his bet and throws his cat at the internet router
p2 wins

p1 gets 1mil tc back :[
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 18, 2015 at 05:41 AM. Reason: I almost feel bad to remove something you've spent so much time on, but please, don't use sizes to empathise your point.
So about that issue which I added to the first post...

What if (let me use Flame's terminology) there are bets on Player 1 and on Player 2 and
one of them disconnects? Whether they self-bet or not isn't an issue here, but if a player
were to disconnect, be it by ping or intentionally leaving or spectating, that would mean
that the player loses, right?
So all of the people that bet on him would lose their bets, and the people who bet on
the one that didn't disconnect would win profits..
See, in this case, this suggestion would backfire as people would lose their tc (bets) just
because a player disconnects or decides to leave after you bet on him.

Sorry I didn't think of this earlier, but I think we don't have to totally scrap the idea, just
rethink it a little.
Lets see.. What if this was limited only to when people disconnect, leave, or ping only in
the Queue, meaning that if a player leaves or disconnects while playing, all bets are
payed back, except for his. And if a player disconnects after placing a bet, but is not
playing
(in-queue or spec), his bet stays active, like was originally suggested.


I will edit the first post to reflect this new discovery.
Last edited by GodUsopp_old; Mar 18, 2015 at 06:13 AM.