Toribash
Original Post
Challenges
We should have daily/weekly/monthly/annual challenges for TC or have a leaderboard for the categories, I think it would give a huge incentive to continue to play.

Solax explains it pretty well
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
More achievable and incremental achievements and mroe achievable incremental customisation would go a long way.

I also think daily and weekly 'quests' or challenges could be cool - kind of like how Blizzard's Hearthstone does it.

Could be things like:
Play 15 games in Judo
Perform 3 decaps in TK
Dq 2 opponents with their heads outside the dojo in aikido

You get a new one daily stacking up to 3 challenges queued up for you to do so to get max benefit you can play only once every three days provided you clear them all.

These could provide a tc reward which a customisation price model rework could take into account so that everything works nicely.

It would solve a lot of problems in one fell swoop I think:
More incremental achievement
Incentive to play daily and diversify gameplay
Price structure making customisation achievable early and rarer/better/harder to get the higher you go


Someone feel free to make a thread for the daily/weekly quest/challenge thing here if they want.

Last edited by Kirito; Nov 4, 2016 at 11:43 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
not sure about this:
in a way it would look pretty cool, and as you said it could give more incentive to play the game, and also show "best x(player, fighter, sparrer etc.)", could give "something to show others"

But in other hand: we already have events and organizations, wich have an type of leaderboard and titles to members as begginer/medium/professional.

If this would be an system it would have even more problems, likely fighting to reward an "best player of the week/month/etc" in the leaderboard would increase number of rigging/farming.
Last edited by victortb; Nov 4, 2016 at 08:48 PM.
discord: victortb#9592
Replays
No for me:

What kind of challanges? If you meant like "Decap a player = *TC Amount*" this whould bring more rigging and Farming.
updated first post with more info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
I would think it should be for official servers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
I think a good idea would be to have a weekly competition similar to this idea. For example, whoever gets most decaps in a week gets a prize. Would need to be in official rooms too though.
golf
And I think it would be nice to create some achievements for this idea like
First man standing (achievement for 1 week winner)
Insane week hunter (win 50 week competitions)
I'm ready! (First task for newbies)
And some achievs for task compliators in a row or in summary
Last edited by pushka; Nov 5, 2016 at 08:08 AM.
Originally Posted by AssassinPro View Post
I think a good idea would be to have a weekly competition similar to this idea. For example, whoever gets most decaps in a week gets a prize. Would need to be in official rooms too though.

Originally Posted by Delayer View Post
And I think it would be nice to create some achievements for this idea like
First man standing (achievement for 1 week winner)
Insane week hunter (win 50 week competitions)
I'm ready! (First task for newbies)
And some achievs for task compliators in a row or in summary

That's another take on it, yea.
I'd rather see both ideas implemented though as they would both serve different purposes. This thing would some sort of general challenge where you compete against everyone else whether you like it or not every YYY time period.

What I'm keen for is just individual private challenges like I outlined in the post now quoted in the OP here. I think a lot of people will be turned off the broad competitive aspect/grind - that's what I want to move away from. I want people to have a reason and motivation to just go ingame and play. Their individual daily challenges provide that motivation and as a bonus direct them to diversify and play modes or mods or ways they don't normally.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post

What I'm keen for is just individual private challenges like I outlined in the post now quoted in the OP here. I think a lot of people will be turned off the broad competitive aspect/grind - that's what I want to move away from. I want people to have a reason and motivation to just go ingame and play. Their individual daily challenges provide that motivation and as a bonus direct them to diversify and play modes or mods or ways they don't normally.

I also think this will grab the attention of more players if the challenges are more so individualized to players, based on what mods they usually play and ones they don't. And leaning a bit towards a competitive side, perhaps there could be a some sort of ranking system added to it so you'll be able to keep track of what challenges you and other players have recently completed and what ones you currently have active.
This is just an addition to the idea to try and spice up the game again, and that being said it's going to take a lot of work and discussion to get something like this up and running without it being a disaster, so I'm glad I can leave that part up to the moderators.