ES Recruitment Drive
chaostheory:
youre movements are great, just what youre doing with them is ugly, first of all you let uke touch the ground, then you kick him under the glutes whil only dming the abs, wouldve been fine if the glutes were included aswell. your kick to his torso glanced over almost all of the joints before hitting the elbow and hand, which are okay dms if it seemed you were aiming for them. having the ground dm uke is fine if there's enough power in your throw of him, but the three most impressive dms of this replay were provided in the most unimpressive manner. some other things are, you let your head take damage, you grabbed uke to lift him back up (which should not be necessary in a manipulation), and there were a couple stops in your momentum due to the rotation of your chest. now looking at this replay, it seems like it was made in a rush by both you and muun, so im going to hope it was since you guys are both amazing players. your experience in tricking and realism comes through in your movements, but quite often you guys leave a straggling arm for a little too long without movement. overall 4/10 mainly because of how clean your movement was. continue ukebashing and im sure youll get really good once you learn how to boom and aim kicks properly (i know you can, but its different in ukebash)
Last edited by EPOCH; Aug 26, 2019 at 05:53 PM.
I saw this CnC yesterday but I didn't have anything worth posting. Thank you epoch.

Cheat900: This is me doing what I think is a cheat 900. this was me trying to get the setup right and the spin on axis so you can ignore the mid-air stuff.

Thank you again Epoch!!

Hey, if you've ever seen me ukebash you know it's not very pretty. I feel like changing that.

Ukebashes look cool and are pretty fun to make, so I want to make mine look cool.

The Replay!: Im gonna be honest, I know this is bad. I honestly have no ideas for openers, i dont know how to keep uke from going downward when I dm him without manipulating him ( which i happen to be really bad at) and in general im not creative enough when it comes to ukebashing.

SOO, i need the help of you seasoned replaymakers to assist me in my journey to ukebash sexiness. Now that i've pointed out everything that I know I did bad I need you guys to notice everything else I didnt notice.

I have some questions also.

1.) How do you come up with openers?
2.) How do you properly get uke into the air and spinning?
3.) Boom hits, I read Pugsa's tutorial a while back, and I need to re-read it but can you give me a simplified version of the way these shits work?
4.) punching, I read somewhere that it's not effective, and I can see why. Is there any way to make it more effective than what I did above?
5.) If you could give me a little tutorial/tips on how to transfer from one hit to another I would appreciate it, I think I have trouble with this a lot.
6.) speed, I noticed speed is needed in these and I would really like to know whether or not I did decently speed-wise in the replay above
7.) How can I stop losing so much momentum when hitting that THOT uke? Is it an angle thing or a speed thing? I assume the latter but I could be wrong.
8.) Epoch mentioned i need to learn how to aim kicks, I agree. Where should I aim? how should I aim? Is it similar to how i would aim a realistic kick?

This is all for now. you don't need to answer all of these, but if you did it would be greatly appreciated

Snap Crackle Pop lets do this shit.

Preliminary cnc: I'll start with the punches. You already possess the knowledge of your tori that allows you to throw punches and counterweigh with your legs - thats very good. However, you almost NEVER want to punch unless it is a finisher. Punches more often than not will absolutely slay you momentum (I'll get to that in a bit). You corrected the floppy neck pretty early on, kudos. The neck, lumbar, abs and chest are your absolute crucial joints when replaymaking. You will find yourself in a pinch when you are a bit too close or too far from uke - these joints will quickly resolve that problem. You just have to toy with it for awhile. The dismembers were pretty dope, good job of that. Only problem I really see is the grab dm, but w/e.

Time for the real shit:
Alright. When ukebashing, you will no matter what have to do random ass stuff and play the replay over again just to see what it does. You will be doing this on average atleast 60+ times to really get the replay right. Rarely will you ever actually plan something in a replay past 50 frames of what you're currently doing. It is entirely improv, muscle memory, and understanding what movements will help you transition out of any situation, and into another.
Everyone has their own style based on how they learned to move their tori. For you, I would highly recommend sticking to high grav since you spend most of your time there. Moving to another grav might be fun, but just know; you will lose your mojo in a certain grav VERY quickly if you leave it for too long.

Since you are a man of tricking, I suppose you understand how to spin on your heels quite easily. In my case, spinning is my opener. Finding a good position to start circular momentum is key in my replays, and for many others. Circular momentum is often the centerpiece to creating a replay that doesn't seem to stop until the end (the good ones). Once the momentum has been created, anything you do MUST continue, or only very slightly alter it. The replay quality becomes quite difficult to harness once you lose this momentum.

On to the questions:

1.) Flow and momentum, or rather a way of generating power whether it is explosive or gradual. Don't feel rushed to make great openers right away - they are by far the most difficult part of the replay. It takes a lot of time to master.
2.) To lift uke in low grav, you have to apply upward force to the groin or the armpits. There are other methods, like corkscrewing uke with both of your legs on opposite sides but those are highly conditional and very hard.
3.) Basically, you aren't trying to force the joints off. There is a single frame before you connect with uke in which you can ghost your fist or foot literally into a joint cluster. This is easiest to do with relaxed ankles. Boom.
4.) Like what I said above. Punches are finishers - they force all of your momentum out of your fist to expel high damage.
5.) There is not much to train you on consecutive hits - they are highly situational and unpredictable.
6.) I have no idea how to generate that crazy low grav speed anymore, but I've mastered high grav speed. The secret? Feet flat on ground + extended glutes + slightly bent knees, then contract glutes and extend/contract hips in opposite directions. Hold chest or move towards contracted knee. Instant speed. For other parts like arms during a transition, relaxing joints is crazy helpful.

7.) It's the chest. You almost never want to let your chest go completely left or completely right, so that you can swap if need be without losing momentum. Also again, relaxing. All relaxing is is expelling a little bit of momentum in the ideal direction for a slight speed boost.
8.) When aiming kicks OR punches, never let the hit land after your hip/pec has already reached max contraction. All of your force is exerted when it reaches this point - try to land the hit the same frame max contraction occurs.

Good lord, that hurt my fingies. I hope it helped, good luck sweetcheeks
Also known as CombatBot
alright so spirals takes the cake here but there some things ill expand on. also i'm not gonna cnc the replay cause the points i made before are almost the same thing prevalent here especially when you add spirals' cnc.

1. i can barely open replays so i wont give anything on that.
2. to get uke spinning is difficult especially in high grav as spirals said. however, to lift him properly there are a few things you can do. most often you can rotate him by:
kicking or punching/anything with the arm really his arms or legs, there's less joint and more body on the legs so its easier to grip onto them, but if you can hook your limb around an arm and spin that you're doing great. to lift uke you, as spirals said, apply upwards momentum from low down.
3. pusga's tutorial is amazing but it is a long read, in summary:
-ghosting, most of the time you get dms by having your extremities phasing into uke's bodies in between frames, and then suddenly it registers and fuckin explodes. sometimes, you ghost and get straight out, so it doesn't register, aggravating for sure.
-your legs, at least, not sure about about the arms, have the most power when they're 2/3 fully extended. so aim to hit uke at those times. this does not always apply though, so tinker with your strikes.
4.punching can be effective. it does most often become a finisher but it is possible to punch and then continue without compromising too much momentum, i've included an example replay from the past. the punch grazes him in the direction im spinning next so i can continue unhindered.
5. transferring from one hit to another is almost the exact same thing you do in a spar, its just a little more daunting because you have to do all the work. so the goal is to hit in a way that satisfies your capability to transition.
6. speed in low grav is all about cheat rotation, extension and contraction, you can also see this in the included replay somewhat.
7. the same way it is in tricking, where you want to keep your chest straight more often than not, its the same here. and honestly it just comes with practise which i am currently out of so... not much advice to give.
8. take advice from the boom hit tips. hitting at 2/3 will leave some room to move which naturally creates momentum cause inertia and shit like that. also try to hit through uke, easy to say, harder to do.

im also gonna include what a cheat launch and etc to show you what it should look like cause currently your thing looks like a raiz or similar atleast. i did it very fast so its ugly af but you'll get the idea i hope. the setup is ugly af, yours is nice so keep that. also cba with a landing. to land better you want the non kicking leg to be extended upon landing meaning that, its, in my case, i should be landing on the left edge of my foot, which i did not, cause time. also after kicking, your landing should also consist of another 180 degree spin since the kick should be after 540 and the cheat setup adds 180 = 900, so cheat 900. if you cant tell, im tired, hope this helps.
Attached Files
ugly cheat 900.rpl (99.6 KB, 7 views)
noir - sex for stance.rpl (142.2 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by EPOCH; Aug 30, 2019 at 08:36 AM.
Ty for all the ukebashing help guys! I'll work on another replay later and post the Wip/final product if I finish it.

and yeah idk the cheat launch is the only setup I have problems with. It might have something to do with the raiz being engranded in my brain

try and catch shoddy in game, he usually does a cheat setup and it helped me understand. also watch jakers tutorial for the 720 on youtube, it helps with how and when you should move.
Yeah, I can just ask shoddy on discord if it comes to that. Usually, I try to learn tricks without the help of others to get a better understanding and make it my own in a way, but this one is gonna force me to ask.

Will watch that tutorial.

I know I said thank you already. Buttttt, thank you!

Edit: Im gonna assume you meant Jagger, but if you did mean jaker please send me the link lol

Okay edit 2: I didnt ask shoddy or anything but i did do a very quick scan over that tutorial. I think This Is much better and may actually be right. about the landing when you said
to land better you want the non kicking leg to be extended upon landing meaning that, its, in my case, i should be landing on the left edge of my foot, which i did not, cause time. also after kicking, your landing should also consist of another 180 degree spin since the kick should be after 540 and the cheat setup adds 180 = 900, so cheat 900.

the hook I have to do is counted as a spin? Interesting. I didn't do that in the replay up ^ there so i can add that later. Wait so a kick is required? Once again focusing on the setup and launch would this be considered right or wrong? Is it a step or 2 in the right direction?

Okay Okay im gonna read over this and look up some cheat 720s and 900s irl to see what you mean with real life counterpart. I gotta get my bearings lol

Edit 3: in your replay you kicked. The rotations only looked like a 540.5 or at a stretch a 720, how did that come out to a 900? Is it because of the kick slowing rotation that we just round up to what it could have been? I swear this is the only trick that confuses me.

Edit 4: According to some website I was on it's a 540 spin in the air with a round kick towards the target. Now that I see what you mean im gonna do it lol

Well I did it! I think. But the round kick is shitty and so is the landing. I dont feel like spending all day on this right now but ill probably edit it later or tomorrow.

Cheat 900 actually done I think

OKAYOKAY last edit for now: I just realized you have to spin on your foot after to finish the spin. I think

OKAYOKAYOKAY: Im done with this cheat900 I think i actually landed it very bad but landedish.

Kinda sorta not really but also kinda landed cheat 900 i think

I now realize i should have gone for height over distance but 2 late
Last edited by Stance; Aug 30, 2019 at 09:10 PM.

stance needs to get good society
So, big explanation times. the link below is what a cheat 900 should look like.

http://www.club540.com/assets/video/.../cheat-900.mp4

I'll explain some of your confusion about the total degree rotation. It's called a cheat because the setup contribute 180° to the total revolution. then, in a cheat 900, you spin 540° in air, and then you kick outwards (NOT A HOOK KICK). the final 180° comes from your landing. So, in the end, you have:
180° + 540° + 180° = 900°

now in a cheat 720, you perform a hook kick after 360° in the air, and *drumroll* 180° + 360° + 180° = 720°

so thats how the degrees work.

cheats consist of both hook kicks and round kicks, as you see above, 720 = hook, 900 = round, 1080 = hook, 1260 = round, 1440 = hook.

now landing, you want the leg to be fully extended like you said and im including a replay of shoddy doing a clean ass tricking sequence in mp (theres a cheat 900 at the start). so hopefully that should help you with the landing.

while launching you dont want to contract or extend your pecs too much because it makes hard to keep your momentum since you have to readjust your pecs too much.

almost as soon as you hit air you want to start tucking in, it gives you the most rotation, from what ive seen.

for it to be a proper cheat trick it has to have either a hook or a round depending on how many degrees you spin, but if you dont kick i guess its just a cheat setup.

when you kick, you should tilt a little and dont use your chest for the kick.

also, the best website to find information about tricks is club540, they have literally everything with detailed explanations and video of the trick being executed.

have fun cheating!
Attached Files
cheat 900 arakito.rpl (756.9 KB, 6 views)
Ah yes I've seen that replay by shoddy. Ty ill do better one later with the new information