Toribash
Reading "The Outsider" by Stephen King. Haven't read a good way through it yet but I really like how the story is so far.
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
I was reading 1989 until I lost my bag with it in it in a restaurant last night, read the divine comedy, wuthering heights, and the tropic of cancer before that. Currently looking for a new book but I’m considering reading Oblomov as it just sounds as an accurate interpretation of my lazy ass
dreamy suicide act
I read my books lowkey in the cellar because it is not fitting the stereotype I gotta represent
Enjoint life
Men At Arms. I've read at least a dozen pratchett books before this, and it's my favourite so far. I finished around twenty books last year, will compile a list sometime. When I'm done with Men At Arms I'll start A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court, very excited for that - a Mark Twain scifi!
Obstacle is the way by Ryan Holiday. Great book about handling obstacles in your life 10/10.
It's all in your Head by Russ is a very good read.
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Originally Posted by DrGonz View Post
Men At Arms. I've read at least a dozen pratchett books before this, and it's my favourite so far. I finished around twenty books last year, will compile a list sometime. When I'm done with Men At Arms I'll start A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court, very excited for that - a Mark Twain scifi!

I fucking love Pratchett, hands down my favorite fantasy author. So immersive, and so comedic at the same time. Would defenitely recommend all of his books if you are into fiction.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Lampito View Post
Obstacle is the way by Ryan Holiday. Great book about handling obstacles in your life 10/10.

I used to listen to the Tim Ferriss podcast, and Ryan Holiday was on it a couple of time iirc, talking about stoicism and whatnot. What's some of the main takeaways you got from Obstacles?
Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
I fucking love Pratchett, hands down my favorite fantasy author. So immersive, and so comedic at the same time. Would defenitely recommend all of his books if you are into fiction.

Originally Posted by DrGonz View Post

Have you fellas read any Douglas Adams? He's just as witty and entertaining as Pratchett. You've probably heard of the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, but didja know it's actually a 5 book series? Some good shit. The audiobook version of the series is great also (first book is read by Stephen Fry and the rest of the series by Martin Freeman (dude from The Office, The Hobbit + Fargo)).

Also, comedic in a darker way, but also some high-tier fantastic literature; Lolita. Beautifully written. You'd think it'd be hard to get you to root for a pedo, but somehow this Russian fella makes that happen. It's an awe-inspiring book (and one of the all time greatest, according to many lit snobs), don't be put off by the title.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 25, 2020 at 08:14 PM.
Currently reading Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD
Heart Of Darkness was actually the first audiobook I listened to. Heard it was the inspiration for Apocalypse Now, so that's how I came across it. I'd put it on before bed and I'd fall asleep to it. I don't really remember much of it now (tends to happen when you listen to shit prior to sleeping), but I can recall some scenes. I reckon I wanna grab a physical copy sometime and read it.

I'm currently listening to Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. Classic book, they say. Only half a dozen chapters in atm, but it feels very Heart Of Darkness-ey. Follows a nameless protagonist through his bloody journeys across America and Mexico during the mid 1800s. Very dark, very intriguing, very well written. Consider giving it a go after you finish Heart Of Darkness - I bet you'd like it.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 25, 2020 at 11:00 PM.