Toribash
Original Post
[TLDR] Want to join?
Want to join?

Then post a free-form application and hang in our IRC (#TLDR) so we can get to know you.
Tell us why you want to be a part of our clan and then tell us why on earth we should let you.

Applicants have to write a brief comment on the controversy of doughnuts vs sandwiches without crust in business meetings

Clan Admission Council:

Zelda
Locus
Redundant
IIInsanEEE
Hawkesnightmare

Please don't PM any council member begging to join and Good luck.
Last edited by Daedalus; Jun 11, 2015 at 03:12 AM.
You missed the part where applicants have to write a brief comment on the controversy of doughnuts vs sandwiches without crust in business meetings.
This post is still in the discussion thread, might get messy when we start voting or want to take a second look at it, so uh, rogocop's app

Originally Posted by RogoCop View Post
Hello good friends, I am here to post this application because my interest in this clan has provoked. I met a man by the name of Golden and he and i quote his words that i am "decent in combat". I do take flattery in that, by i feel that i bring a comedic vibe to this place of esteemed, and grammatical correctness. I also have a nack of recording a lot of footage in-game the only problem i face is hard-drive space. ( i'm running out of it) so i can't record as much. I also play League of Legends. I hope you think of accepting me.

Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This application shows few to none real interest in joining tl;dr besides the fact that it would look cool heh. Being decent in combat is not enough, I want to see rekt machines, I want people to spit blood all over the place if fighting is their thing.

If being awesome in a dojo is not your thing then you need to impress us with more than a hard try at grammar, we don't need comedians as well, look at Ele, look close at that shit, we already have it, we are proficient in lols and rofls.

Oh, he plays League of Legends, rings a bell anyone?

My vote is a no

PS: Don't get it personally, i'm not even mad.
Honestly Rogo I'm glad that you sent in an application but anyone can see that your trying really hard to make your post look "intelligent". And just because I said you're decent at fighting doesn't mean that I recommend you for joining.

Not supported just for the reason that you tried way to hard to make your post acceptable.
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
My thoughts echo these two dingbats.

It did seem like he was trying too hard to sound like someone he wasn't. A couple of people had the same concerns about Golden when he applied. Keep in mind, we're only really serious when we're in the Discussion board or if a good debate arises in our chat topic.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Robocock, as someone who repeatedly overestimates my own gravitas and position on this forum myself I feel for you and find your misplaced optimism more endearing than embarrassing. Nevertheless this clan is not the place for you. These members have misplaced their optimism and faith enough times and in enough places to know where not to put it (turns out that where not to put it is anywhere but still...) and as a clan we need to maintain a reputation of not fucking up because we were too careless, and you fucked up your grammar pretty badly in your app. But don't worry about it, there are other clans, if you want a recommendation then Phoenix are kinda really in need of members and are a nice bunch. It's a good place to start since you can assume powers pretty quickly and get a taste of responsibility. They also once accepted a 10 year old with learning difficulties so... You might have better luck there. I would post a link but fuck that.I hope you don't think I'm being too harsh or unsympathetic.

To summarise: Your application is a pathetic, depressing and moronic waste of space on our clan thread and reading it has cast a dark shadow across the rest of my week and left a stain on our clans history which can never be erased. In my eyes there can be no reconciliation for veritable swine like you who's very existence is an insult to the bandwidth you gracelessly steal from the honest people of this forum. May your happiness wither away and die like your very ambitions of sullying this clan's good name have done
this day and may you leave this forum now and forevermore as I hope those who you hold most dear do you. Go die.

In other words; sure I'll vote for him, he seems cute enough, and even if he isn't exactly a genius yet, not everyone has to have the same forum experience as we do. Overall I think I t would be nice to have a little more silly stuff in our thread, something a bit more fresh than our usual breed of members. +1

Disclaimer: If any of you thought that anything I said after the first paragraph was legit then I am gravely worried for your esteem of me.
Good morning sweet princess
Do you mean by "I bring grammatical correctness " that your grammar is horrible or that you're a grammar nazi?

In the context of you trying to sound like Obama I guess you meant that you're a grammar nazi, I'd just like to say that you got at least 5 grammatical flaws in your app (I counted 9 but I'm not British either.)
Which isn't bad at all, but it just looks a bit messy in my oppinion.

You also give the impression that you're trying to come across as a different person, like stated before.

Then you don't really reveal much of yourself, we don't even know your age atm.

But eh, I'd say, make another app and just be honnest with everything.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah I pretty much have the same opinions as the others here. For now I'd definitely say no, it seems like you tried really hard to make yourself sound smart but I'm not sure how intelligent you actually are...

Also, it doesn't seem like you have any reason to join other than just wanting to be in a clan, but correct me if I'm wrong there.

It's no from me unless you post another app.
League of Legends NA: Locus