Ranking
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
We just need to recruit more ingame active players and incentive them to help with the wars. Then the number of wars would grow proportionally to the amout of ingame based members.

The problem we have with recruiting ingame people is it's rare to find one that meets our forum standards. Which brings us full circle, back to the question I posed in the OP - "At some point, we're going to have to tackle the tricky question of maintaining our high standards vs letting in more ingame-oriented people for wars. Depending on which way we answer that we might have to redefine our expectations."

Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
How about defining the positions of the War Squad. What does the leader do? The regular members? Perhaps some other ranks in the squad could be created.

Originally Posted by Triton View Post
I second this idea, having a war squad leader could be beneficial to the team, even if it is a somewhat honorary position. What they would do on the the other hand is something I've wondered as well.

If we were going to create a squad leader rank, then naturally, everyone else would be a regular squad member. How would creating this squad leader rank improve our position, though? Organising multiple members to join wars, finding new squad recruits, creating some sort of war schedule? That'd be a fair bit of responsibility - it certainly wouldn't be some figurehead/honorary position.
Yeah, I do feel as if the war squad was to grow that it would be beneficial to have somebody that overlooks a lot of things, does planning and strategizing war wise, possibly overlooks member behavior during wars, and does the majority of the announcing on the war thread unless the war squad leader isn't involved. Basically I think that it would have to be somebody mature (which the majority of the clan is) who has a bit of leadership background, and somebody who can keep the team and the clan rank in general headed in The right direction. Basically, I believe it could help us progress more, and the warrior of the month thing could still stay but I don't believe the war squad leader would be able to get said achievement, it would stay there only to keep the team motivated to war more.

Also, as you were saying, I do think that finding people for the war team could be one of the main duties, along with collecting members to war. The only thing I'm against is a war schedule which seems a bit tedious and could exclude some members from warring depending on what time they're usually on.
Last edited by Triton; May 1, 2015 at 05:41 PM.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
I tend to agree with all of those points. What does everyone else think?
-----
Double post, but who cares - important announcement.

It seems like we're all really keen to ramp up the war efforts. We will have two war leaders, Galaxy and Triton. They will organise wars, recruit talented mature members and make sure we keep up the war effort.

I've invited Tacticaled to the clan. Triton has been putting together a list of guys who he thinks would be suitable. He's gonna start contacting them and seeing if they might be interesting in joining us.

After we get a good amount of ingame guys, we can focus back on getting forum guys. It'll balance out in the end.
Last edited by Ele; May 2, 2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Sounds amazing Ele! I agree that we need more ingame active folks around this clan so that we balance it out. And I also think that our clan is a pretty good drive to get higher up in the ranks which is good.

Just a heads up that I may not be here to war with you guys later.
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
Giving this job to Triton and Galaxy seems good, since it gives more organization having fewer people with responsibilities, not to mention they both have quite a good amount of free time and experience to handle this (However it doesn't mean the other squad members can't try to recruit people they find great or should stop organizing the wars). I hope you guys keep doing great with the squad, as you're doing.

Regarding the new members we are going to recruit, I hope they all pass through a trial period, as it seems to be happening with Tacticaled. I don't want to see people joining and then disappearing from posting/interacting with us.

Also, I am happy we are getting a good rank position and good ingame skilled guys. I am already imagining when we participate in the clan league or other big events. The way our members are doing, I would not be surprised if we get good results from it.
Good job squad guys, I really appreciate what you're doing.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Double post, but who cares - important announcement.

It seems like we're all really keen to ramp up the war efforts. We will have two war leaders, Galaxy and Triton. They will organise wars, recruit talented mature members and make sure we keep up the war effort.

I've invited Tacticaled to the clan. Triton has been putting together a list of guys who he thinks would be suitable. He's gonna start contacting them and seeing if they might be interesting in joining us.

After we get a good amount of ingame guys, we can focus back on getting forum guys. It'll balance out in the end.

Thanks a lot, didn't see this until just now. Also, i'm not too certain that Tacticaled will be joining but i can try to convince him further seeing you want him in. Any time you want to see the list i currently have just ask me Ele, i'm keen to show it to you so you can review it.

Btw, do you think you could show who the war squad leaders are on the War Page? It could be right above where it showcases the warriors of the team.
Last edited by Triton; May 2, 2015 at 11:20 PM.
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
Well, I talked to Tacticaled last night and he accepted the toriclan invite so... Welcome Tacticaled!

Updated the War Page to reflect Triton and Galaxy's new positions, and to include Tacticaled. Could you send me the list of people Triton, and start approaching them?

And yeah Daed, we'll keep an eye on the new war squad recruits for a while until we know they're cool.
Welcome to the clan Tacticaled! I think that you'll be a great addition to the clan. I will probably war some time tonight if anyone wants to hop on with me. (Not 100% sure.)
Yeah, whenever you wanna war just hit me up, i'll back ya up m8 :v
Then do you want to go ingame right now and war? Because if so I'll be there.