Toribash
Well, I do lift. My routine is a morning workout after 3 eggs, a glass of carnation instant breakfast, and water. I eat everything and anything and drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Eating big meals all the time can cause big problems, so I typically try to maintain 6 small meals per day. My food though, generally, I try to have it be consisted of nuts, noodles, chicken, rice, cabbage, and broccoli.

I do arms Monday, legs Wednesday, chest Friday, belly muscles and cardio Saturday. On Sundays, I try to get anything I missed or I do a little bit of stuff here and there based on what I can still utilize.

I work out for size and look. Due to my high motabilism, I need to do a lot to maintain a good form. I do research and look for ways to improve myself all the time. It's good for my self esteem.
Last edited by Link; Feb 21, 2016 at 06:25 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Nope. I don't lift. I live pretty active life & am satisfied with my current bod. I do parkour at Apex Movement and occasionally sports 4 exercise. Just livin life I guess...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Started going to the gym recently.

Why I started:
Goals of gaining more strength generally and better physical appearance. I'm not bad looking or fat or anything - just want to strive to be better.

Program:
Trying to keep up 6 days/week PPL program. If it gets too much I'll reduce it to 3 days a week and find where I can keep it comfortably. Love the program so far. All the classic compound exercises are there as well as some accessories to keep it interesting etc.

Favorite exercise:
Toss up between squats and seated cable rows.
Squats make you feel like a beast and there's an amazing feeling associated with lifting heavy stuff on your back.
Seated cable rows I just find enjoyable and feels good to do.

Diet:
Doing some recop at the moment. I'd estimate that I'm a tad below 20% BF so I'm eating at a small deficit at the moment to get that down a bit. After I get there I'll probably start into bulk/cut cycles but that's a while off so far. Tip for anyone looking to cut fat/eat less: try intermittent fasting. Might not be for everyone and it's really just preference but I'm really liking it.

Supps:
5g creatine/day
Protein powder
May start taking fish oil once I get further in.

Takeaways so far:
It's great. Everyone who doesn't currently do this should do it - I'm sad I took so long to start.
I was initially put off a bit by the barrier to entry in regards to how much there is to learn (exercise form, program to choose, diet, supplements, rest, injury, etc etc) but I did a bit of reading and just started going. Learned a lot by researching questions as I get them, watching videos on exercise form, getting gym rats to check form etc etc.

tl;dr shit's good.
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
new year resolutioners are WEAK

i do those rock climbing workouts so i can do pullups for days
the best part of rock climbing is being able to skip leg day and just do arms/back/core and a little chest and then when people ask why you got chicken legs you just like "im a rock climber, big legs are just an obstacle for me"

lol best excuse, i'm gonna snap you my gain one good time if i remember
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I got a gym membership 8 days ago, haven't lifted seriously since a rough incident where I lost ~35 pounds, which is quite a lot for a small guy like me. I've been crazy dedicated to eating plenty, lifting as heavy weight as I can, sleeping, and staying hydrated.

I took a before picture, in a month I'll be excited to compare.

gl what are your goals
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Well, I do lift. My routine is a morning workout after 3 eggs, a glass of carnation instant breakfast, and water. I eat everything and anything and drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Eating big meals all the time can cause big problems, so I typically try to maintain 6 small meals per day. My food though, generally, I try to have it be consisted of nuts, noodles, chicken, rice, cabbage, and broccoli.

I do arms Monday, legs Wednesday, chest Friday, belly muscles and cardio Saturday. On Sundays, I try to get anything I missed or I do a little bit of stuff here and there based on what I can still utilize.

I work out for size and look. Due to my high motabilism, I need to do a lot to maintain a good form. I do research and look for ways to improve myself all the time. It's good for my self esteem.

no shoulders no back? ? ?
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Started going to the gym recently.

Why I started:
Goals of gaining more strength generally and better physical appearance. I'm not bad looking or fat or anything - just want to strive to be better.

Program:
Trying to keep up 6 days/week PPL program. If it gets too much I'll reduce it to 3 days a week and find where I can keep it comfortably. Love the program so far. All the classic compound exercises are there as well as some accessories to keep it interesting etc.

Favorite exercise:
Toss up between squats and seated cable rows.
Squats make you feel like a beast and there's an amazing feeling associated with lifting heavy stuff on your back.
Seated cable rows I just find enjoyable and feels good to do.

Diet:
Doing some recop at the moment. I'd estimate that I'm a tad below 20% BF so I'm eating at a small deficit at the moment to get that down a bit. After I get there I'll probably start into bulk/cut cycles but that's a while off so far. Tip for anyone looking to cut fat/eat less: try intermittent fasting. Might not be for everyone and it's really just preference but I'm really liking it.

Supps:
5g creatine/day
Protein powder
May start taking fish oil once I get further in.

Takeaways so far:
It's great. Everyone who doesn't currently do this should do it - I'm sad I took so long to start.
I was initially put off a bit by the barrier to entry in regards to how much there is to learn (exercise form, program to choose, diet, supplements, rest, injury, etc etc) but I did a bit of reading and just started going. Learned a lot by researching questions as I get them, watching videos on exercise form, getting gym rats to check form etc etc.

tl;dr shit's good.

grats on finding a nonmeme routine on reddit
i really don't dig the push pull legs rest split though

also routines ? ?? ? for those of you who didn't post em
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
grats on finding a nonmeme routine on reddit
i really don't dig the push pull legs rest split though

Yea thanks. Was going to do plain Stronglifts but wanted something more involving since I have time to commit to this. Started reading some stuff on /r/fitness and liked the look of this. Compounds for the basis of strength and then accessories to keep things interesting.

What's your routine and why don't you like the ppl pattern if I may ask?
If you're going to doing intermittent fasting Solax, make sure you're doing it right. Do it wrong and you'll be losing a whole load of muscle mass. Speaking from experience (went from 82kg to 67kg, still have a gut).
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
If you're going to doing intermittent fasting Solax, make sure you're doing it right. Do it wrong and you'll be losing a whole load of muscle mass. Speaking from experience (went from 82kg to 67kg, still have a gut).

Rip.
What would you consider 'doing it properly' to be?
Tbh, I don't really know (been a while since I did this and researched it all), but I guess it would be taking in the right amount of protein and doing the right amount of exercise to prevent the erosion of muscle mass. I think where I went wrong was I continued to do no exercise and, while I only ate in 6-8 hour periods, I was still eating shit. I dropped some fat of course, but I'm fairly certain I dropped muscle too.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Tbh, I don't really know (been a while since I did this and researched it all), but I guess it would be taking in the right amount of protein and doing the right amount of exercise to prevent the erosion of muscle mass. I think where I went wrong was I continued to do no exercise and, while I only ate in 6-8 hour periods, I was still eating shit. I dropped some fat of course, but I'm fairly certain I dropped muscle too.

Ah right, yea. That's in line with what I was reading.
i.e. Make sure to eat enough protein (and eat well generally by staying at energy intake goals and macros as best as possible) and continue exercising.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Yea thanks. Was going to do plain Stronglifts but wanted something more involving since I have time to commit to this. Started reading some stuff on /r/fitness and liked the look of this. Compounds for the basis of strength and then accessories to keep things interesting.

What's your routine and why don't you like the ppl pattern if I may ask?

probably just preference, I just like to target a muscle group per day. I feel I get better results too and am able to do more exercises. for example, I only see one back workout in that whole routine other than pull-ups/chin-ups and deadlift. no hang cleans, flys, etc. so when I workout I'll hit chest one day, then hit back, then shoulders, etc and this way I can workout everyday without a full day of rest because my big muscle groups are getting rest every other day. but I can still take a rest day if I want, but my muscles never feel spent which might happen with push/pull in my experience (however I do more exercises than that routine).

idk, if you've been doing it for a while and like how you feel I'm not gonna try to persuade you to switch it probably just comes down to how you feel and if that routine helps you reach your goals then it's solid for you.
Last edited by mWah; Feb 26, 2016 at 03:48 PM.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.