ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: What should their fate be?
Yes, let them burn
20 Votes / 40.00%
No
30 Votes / 60.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
A small social experiment
Think of the person you hate most. If you don't hate anyone, imagine a hypothetical person who murders your loved ones or does something else horrendous. Now, assuming hell exists, would you want them to go there for eternity? If they don't go to hell, let's say their "soul" just ceases to exist. Be as serious as possible - I want genuine answers.

PS: Thread remade because of BnWs suggestion.
Last edited by Odlov; Apr 15, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
No, no I would not.

I was typing a response when this got re-made again just stick with it this time.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Gah, stop making new threads! It's a good thing I copied my work before I clicked anything else. @deady: I got burned a lot with deleted threads and such, so I always copy my work before clicking any other buttons. It'll save so much time.

I'm going to repost deady's other comment because it's definitely a valid opinion.
Originally Posted by deady View Post
No, because no matter what they did they would not earn an eternity in pain. It would solve nothing, and I know that it could have been anyone of us who might have done the same thing.

I think that this is the best solution, and deady hit it right on the nose. I can see why people may believe that certain people should be thrust into the fiery pits of hell, but what good would it do us? Would it make us happy?

As for this hypothetical person, I still would not want them to go to hell. The only beings that belong in hell are those who are pure evil.
beep
I'd send them there. Classically, there are only 2 options. I don't want them in heaven if I am there so they can go to hell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Classically there are three options. Hell, Heaven and Purgatory. Purgatory is a sort of limbo area in between Heaven and Hell. You go there to be 'prepared' to go to Heaven, at least in the Catholic belief.
Classically is bullshit. The hell in this scenario is a hypothetical eternity of pain.

I'm into more of an eye of an eye type of punishment, so an eternity of pain is a little too much.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I wouldn't, considering that hell exists and that I, too live an eternal life, I would be tortured by guilt all eternity. I think, if he knows that I hate him, that it would be a sufficient punishment for him to feel in my eternal debt.
the most genuine answer that i can give is that assuming eternalness exists, then we are all one, and we are all in heaven and hell at both the same time and neither at all.

YOU REALLY NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS!!!

Eternity, infinite span of time, endless "endlessness".

In that scope, it takes only one being. that being is all of us combined.

really, the notion is preposterous. either there is no ultimate punishment, or the complete whole of reality is finite, and not eternal.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Unless they've slain and eaten every single person I'll ever love, no.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
Originally Posted by SuicideDo View Post
really, the notion is preposterous. either there is no ultimate punishment, or the complete whole of reality is finite, and not eternal.

what?
Organisation of Awesome: Member.