Ranking
Original Post
Legendary clans make me sad
I am sad that legendary clan rules are the way they are.
Why?
Ok now first you gotta know: clans can only become legendary by dying.

That means you only become a legend by not playing the game.
You get honored for not being capable of maintaining your organisation.

I'm okay with the fact that there aren't actual rules to become legend.
I can live with the fact, that legends just get picked based on popularity instead of actual archievements.
But the "being dead" part grinds my gears.

What do you think? Is the system fair as it is? Have I missed a detail that explains it all? Do you feel like I do?
evil Führer of Evil
The clans that have become legendary are dead, meaning their time has passed as a whole. They do not have any major impact anymore, unlike the current clans, like Alpha.
Why would a current clan become legendary when they can still potentially have a bigger impact than they already have?
If one is dead, the legacy is done. If one is alive, the legacy continues.

My own opinion, don't kill me please.
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
The clans that have become legendary are dead, meaning their time has passed as a whole. They do not have any major impact anymore, unlike the current clans, like Alpha.
Why would a current clan become legendary when they can still potentially have a bigger impact than they already have?
If one is dead, the legacy is done. If one is alive, the legacy continues.

My own opinion, don't kill me please.

I get your point and it is indeed reasonable, but look at legendary players. They just are legends, and will keep being legends for the rest of their lives, whether they will still do bigger stuff or not
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
I can live with the fact, that legends just get picked based on popularity instead of actual archievements.

here is where you're wrong, those people and clans have been picked to have the legendary status because they HAVE achieved things, for example: replay making, those people who have been given the legendary status have achieved records and generally being known for having such unique replays and making replays like no other, almost every person who enjoys making replays look up to those people.

so basically they have been chosen for popularity AND achievements, i dont think they have been given the status JUST for popularity otherwise loads of other people who play this game would be legends also and i could name SO many people.
I don't see both things separated from each other but what you said is true

I mean, popularity usually comes from what the clan has achieved, and achieving things brings you popularity, even more in a small community such as this one. At least that's how things usually go

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with Oaky. In the introduction to toribash legends it says this:
''The ToriLegends is a group comprised of the best players and artist around Toribash. They are meant to be the role-models of the community, and to give newer players something to strive for.''.
I think, legends don't fulfil this role, because most of legendary players and all of legendary clans are inactive.
Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
here is where you're wrong, those people and clans have been picked to have the legendary status because they HAVE achieved things, for example: replay making, those people who have been given the legendary status have achieved records and generally being known for having such unique replays and making replays like no other, almost every person who enjoys making replays look up to those people.

so basically they have been chosen for popularity AND achievements, i dont think they have been given the status JUST for popularity otherwise loads of other people who play this game would be legends also and i could name SO many people.

You are right. The legendary clans can show certain archievements.
But I think I haven't made clear what I ment to say.
I ment to say: There is no possibility for a clan to make some sort of checklist to see if they are on a good way to become legendary. You just have to have the luck to get chosen. And that is based on popularity.
evil Führer of Evil
Oaky: I think this is somewhat fair though, wouldn't be cool if a not-very-known clan got legendary status even if it has a lot of "legendary achievements". As role-models they should be further more than just a clan full of medals on their shelf, but also respected and famous around the community

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current system is flawed and not really fair. Clans don't know whether they are "worthy" of legend status and the only way to learn that is by actually dying, and decision making regarding legendary clans isn't always obvious which only makes it worse.
If a clan has been alive for like forever and/or has made a significant impact on this community, it should get legend status no matter if it's still active or barely making past activity checks / failing them.
Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
You are right. The legendary clans can show certain archievements.
But I think I haven't made clear what I ment to say.
I ment to say: There is no possibility for a clan to make some sort of checklist to see if they are on a good way to become legendary. You just have to have the luck to get chosen. And that is based on popularity.

I understand and i completely agree, to have a legendary clan now, it's kind of impossible, they mostly do look at clans who have died and or was created when the game was made which is in-between 2006 - 2008, no clans that have been created over the last 3 years will never get a legendary status, even if they die or achieve cool things such as maybe win more than 1 clan leagues, have several players who are generally popular in the community or just die with your clan being like 10 years old