Ranking
Original Post
Toribash + irc
After spending quite some time in #support it hit me that now that we soon will have yet another babyboom with yet another year of school for the minors and we are counting down for the release of 4.0, two things could be included in the 4.0 release to help newcomers.

Firstly, a big FAQ included in the game, covering both the community, irc, the game, email activation and pretty much everything that could come handy without immediate access to the world wide web and the forums and/or google (read #support)...

Secondly, since we have this lovely IRC which is not being overused in any way, would it be possible to involve a IRC client system in the game? :. that a new server creates a new IRC channel on the IRC server and basically Gms and/or others can take part in the chat without starting the game, and maybe newcomers would not have to quit the game and find the flash based application on the site to reach out in our fabulous IRC network. Of course it could lead to spam and whathaveyou, but to me the Pros seem to outweigh the Cons in this case.

Well, thats my five cents after hanging in #support for some hours today...
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
I like the FAQ idea, I think it'll bring down the amount of people that come with silly questions, leaving more room to those who are having serious technical issues.

IRC, though, I can't really say I support. You can use mIRC or Colloquy (For me and my Mac bretheren), which basically gets rid of the need to have a client in game, as you can have both running at the same time if they are different applications, but if they are both in the Toribash program, then you would either have to 1) Stay on the IRC channel because once you leave you quit the channel or 2) Have to keep navigating back and forth between the game and the IRC channel.

Plus, you would need to add new sound effects when you are highlighted, or when someone queries you. Either that or a visual notification.
An IRC Chat
Earlier this morning i was watching a live stream where someone had connected a chat of the live stream into the game. And I thought that this would be better if someone couldn't play Toribash (or couldn't be bothered to). They could just open the IRC channel (could be in a browser) and chat to their friends or some clan members without being in-game.
If im honest i would have thought it had been suggested already, if so then just ignore this post.
However if this is a new idea then please consider it. :3
irc.toribash.com

it already exists!
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Or they can just all get on IRC and talk there..... Lol

@Carl, I think he is talking about connecting irc to ingame, so you can just talk with people ingame without being ingame.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
IRC cannot go well with ingame. Mostly people are afk on IRC and they give late responses. Ingame, on the other hand, requires fast paced chatting during the game.

Besides, there is not a single point in integrating the whole IRC in toribash client. IRC is a completely different thing and it is good as it is.
Chat connected to IRC
I think in-game chat should be connected to the forums IRC because it's annoying typing on the irc then you always skip you turn so, in the chat there could be an extra tab that connects in-game and the other tab that connects to IRC. Whenever there is a message the tab should flash red.

Hnnng, Leave me your comments.
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
new server creates a new IRC channel on the IRC server

Thats a thing that we reall need. Sometimes I cant talk with someone coz his room full. And I even cant let him know that im ingame. IRC channel for every room will solve issues like this. I think that is musthave update of chat system in TB.

Supported.