ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The Tower.
So have any of you guys here ever actually read the dark tower series besides me and flagg?
Re: The Tower.
Yep, I just finished the last book in the series. An amazing journey. They have a comic coming out next year, but Im REALLY hoping they make a movie. A trilogy would be best, to capture as much of the books content as possible. Considering how much comics are made into movies nowadays, it might actually be feasible.
are you kidding me? only three movies? i was thinking atleast seven. one for every book, and mabye two for like song of susannah, or wolves of the calla. its a shame that the mainstream moviegoer wouldnt like it because the movies would have to be mad long, and there isnt a gunfight every 5 minutes even though its called "the gunslinger"
HBO series, bitches. Imagine 1 or 2 books a season, with 12 to 14 hours dedicated to each. They wouldn't rush it, it'd be detailed and complete, and still uncut. King might even help direct that shit.
Those are some big shoes to fill. Honestly, a Tower movie just wouldn't be epic if Eastwood didn't star. And he'd probably die during filming anyway, or at least lose his memory or some weird shit.
dude, im sorry but eastwood is out. he's like 80 years old and would actually have the dry twist by the time filming started.
I can almost see that. If there ever was a Dark Tower movie, and King didn't select the cast himself, it would suck the balls.