Ranking
Original Post
Torishop Updates - 2020
Hi, some Torishop items' prices and Qi requirements got updated today.
Main purpose of the change was to introduce a universal TC->ST pricing rates that will be same across all Toribash items available in store. We've also added Qi restrictions to most of the 3D items and Hair Styles to give them some feel of progression when you belt up, similar to color items.

Here's a quick run down on what changed and what did not:

• Elf received an x8 TC price increase and Pure got an x5 TC price increase to prevent items from becoming too cheap when purchased with Shiai Tokens
  • All other color items kept their old TC prices
  • Some hairstyles got their TC prices bumped up in order not to drop the ST prices too significantly

As a general result, Shiai Token prices for items should now feel more closely dependent on TC pricing and Qi restriction and less of a "eh whatever price staff felt like setting".
ST prices should also be less overkill for mid-range color items (1000 Qi to sub-10000 Qi) with an average drop at around 20-25% compared to earlier prices (old ST prices were a 1:1 conversion of old USD prices which remained pretty much unchanged for over 10 years).
Some colors which only had ST prices (Astro, Fossil, etc) are not currently available for purchase - this will be changed in the coming days as they will receive proper Qi restrictions, TC prices and new ST prices.

To answer a (likely to be) popular question of "Why haven't you consulted the community on this?" - as the change was potentially going to affect items' market pricing (due to slightly lowered ST prices) and availability (due to Qi restrictions), we wanted everyone to be in the same conditions and not have participating users take advantage of the plans to make better profit in market.
We hope this change will not affect market in a negative way and that a more streamlined pricing conversion rate would benefit the shop in the long term.

We do, however, plan some more changes for Torishop in future, and we'd appreciate your thoughts on them:

• Changing stock to unlimited for all non-exclusive items available in the shop
    Reasoning behind this is that stock feels like a redundant feature for the vast majority of items, especially considering that most "No restock" items that we had were eventually getting restocked years after the initial release. We'd like to get rid of limited stock for items that we expect to be always available in shop - and to potentially introduce some actual rare item drops which would keep super low stock, high price and get permanently removed from shop once all bought out.
  • Automated in-game market with a transaction tax
    It's super confusing not to have a proper market system in a game with open economy these days, but there is a number of issues we'll be facing when making a system like that, with the main one being that market would eat up a huge hunk of Torishop purchases. While this is good for the players, this isn't really good for game economy as, ideally, we need to be able to sink as much TC and ST as we are spawning, be it as a result of login rewards, quest rewards or (boosted) fight win earnings. A solution I'd go with would be introducing a tax on any transfers made through the automated market - this way we both get to remove TC from circulation and players can get a quick and potentially cheaper way to buy items. We do not plan to ban regular TC or item transfers in case the system is implemented, so anything sold in forums' Market section would still be untaxed.
  • Introducing a way to sell items while bypassing Qi restrictions
    This idea isn't fleshed out yet properly, but yeah - I'd be interested to see if you have any suggestions on what could be the potential tax/payment for being able to bypass Qi requirements. Pay with ST for every N Qi the item requires? A paid subscription for the marketers that makes them ignore Qi restrictions?
In my opinion this makes no sense, people who already have pure/elf items will now sell it for 10/5x the price they would sell (as its already goin on market) before and 100k for an color thats almost basic for every player who finally reaches TEN THOUSAND (the only really white color) matches feels like screaming for the player to duel, do insane marketing or simply buy tc from (the kind of things you guys dont want, because tc is selled from users manny times cheaper than the game sells it), and selling it in only one currence make it really unfair for people who live with weak currencies, the only way to get 100k to spend with a *force* would be dueling or buying tc/buying tc boosters, that again are not really fair or close to the real tc currency as the other items (textures, pricy colors, etc) are still in the normal market prices...
If someone wants to play toribash with the "im conquering something" feeling he would have to play the game for likely 2000 thousand hours only for get the necessary QI for buying a true white color force, and 100k? Is this player a dueler? A marketer? he buy tc? I know we can do events, but manny players participate from events that only 3 of them can win, most of the people in the room will not get any reward from it.
Maybe this would be suitable if we had an closed coin/items system. Items and coins that are not tradeable and that can be earned from players more easilly, without needing to duel or do marketing, only playing the game in a skill mode...
But with the actual earning we can normally do in toribash? I cant see a way to explain the players that spend hours playing this game that they will have to find a way to make tcs with tc from nothing to buy a white color that you can only buy if you matched ten thousand times.
Last edited by tunadao; Nov 17, 2020 at 03:17 AM.
potatoes
Yeah, you sound like someone who can't play the game and complains because the prices go up.

The real price of the pure force will almost always stay below 100K even if they raised the torishop price to 150K. If you can't even get 70-80K then that's your problem. You can get that much even without dueling, marketing, or tc boosters as long as you play tourneys or/and participate in events.
NO TITLE
As I said before, events arent something we can relly on, since theres 3 winners and almost 30 people that be part of it... Tourneys? Lmao you kiding right? 2,500 tc, thats nothing, theres like 50 people online ingame and almost all the time Im playing theres no one on the tourney rooms, 2,500tc would be a nice value *if* there was people playing the game to fill the 5 people requisit... Actually not me but everyone who dont relly on market/duelling/spending real money in toribash to get tc (like 10k per day without playing it for 10hours everyday because we got a life lmao) just cant get it via normal ways... If people want to raise the price of the items, fine, just get some consideration about how dificult is to get in 10th dan/Master Belt to finally buy some item, requieres manny time and the rewards till 10th dan isnt even 30k tc (about the new system of global quests). Its really unfair
-----
But If you still think that Im wrong about something I would love to hear if Im wrong on something or if theres a way for getting that I didnt knew yet
Last edited by tunadao; Nov 17, 2020 at 01:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
potatoes
There are also forum events and other type of in-game events, but okay let's say that you still can't get enough tc for whatever reason. Then you should try dueling or marketing. You can even try betting.

I don't know why would someone only play in 10tc rooms if they want to raise enough tc to buy something.

You can't get more tc, not because you "got a life". It's because you haven't really tried. Marketing is less time consuming than playing the game...
NO TITLE
@tunadao: a legitimate complaint, we'll be looking into adding ways to earn more TC by just playing the game. In the meanwhile, you can participate in automated events (getting prizes there is fairly easy), complete regular and global quests, or get a booster if you want to gain more TC quicker.

Some more updates related to today's alpha build of 5.5 and new flame forger: we're migrating to a new pricing method for flame forging which is based on more flame parameters than existing pricing. In short, flame forging will get cheaper for simple flames and will stay about same for ultra complicated ones.
More on new forger: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?p=11788398
If you are concerned about pure items, then just wait. There are many in circulation and prices will drop soon in market.
I hope so, I really dont wanna buy a gradient for 10k, and theres no gradient/blood in market yet :/
potatoes
First off thanks for making the only shop price update that I actually like and havent lost mils as a result of it so hats off to you!

Originally Posted by sir View Post
  • Changing stock to unlimited for all non-exclusive items available in the shop
    Reasoning behind this is that stock feels like a redundant feature for the vast majority of items, especially considering that most "No restock" items that we had were eventually getting restocked years after the initial release. We'd like to get rid of limited stock for items that we expect to be always available in shop - and to potentially introduce some actual rare item drops which would keep super low stock, high price and get permanently removed from shop once all bought out.

To clarify do you mean all items that are currently out will have unlimited stock even the exclusive items like Sakura, Snow Globe 3D head item, Corrupt scythe and collector items? Their value would plummet if that is the case but I guess I can't really give an opinion on this without knowing the full plan on what will happen in the future and what will be coming out classed as a rare item.

Right now I don't really see a point in making the stocks unlimited and then releasing "true" rare items when you could just keep the stocks as they are and just continue releasing more rare items with no plans of restocking.

• Automated in-game market with a transaction tax
    It's super confusing not to have a proper market system in a game with open economy these days, but there is a number of issues we'll be facing when making a system like that, with the main one being that market would eat up a huge hunk of Torishop purchases. While this is good for the players, this isn't really good for game economy as, ideally, we need to be able to sink as much TC and ST as we are spawning, be it as a result of login rewards, quest rewards or (boosted) fight win earnings. A solution I'd go with would be introducing a tax on any transfers made through the automated market - this way we both get to remove TC from circulation and players can get a quick and potentially cheaper way to buy items. We do not plan to ban regular TC or item transfers in case the system is implemented, so anything sold in forums' Market section would still be untaxed.

I think this is a super good idea and would massively increase the amount of people that can use the market and hopefully get more people into marketing (It would also give new players more of a reason to buy TC from the store if they don't know about the forum market for users selling TC).

Taxing trades made from the in-game market would be an interesting idea but I don't know what % you want to set the tax at but maybe something like this:

100,000+ = 10%
50,000-99,999 = 7.5%
20,000-49,999 = 5%
10,000-19,999 = 2.5%
0-9,999 = 0%

If you have access to the shop/market transactions and would be able to show the statistics for them that would make it 1000x easier to figure out tax rates and what would be best for removing TC from the game while also making the tax fair and also set a goal for how much TC needs to be sunk per month.

I think I'm sounding like a broken record at this point but I think a really effective way of removing TC would be the following:
  • to restock Marketeers and update the prices.
  • More MS events like finding dead accounts (Perm'd accounts with no chance of being recovered) and auctioning off the items from their inventories (there have been events like this in the past but I can't find the threads for them at the moment but someone like Creati0n should remember what I'm talking about and be able to vouch that they did sink a ton of TC really quickly).
  • Bring back the lottery
  • You could do mystery auctions where once a week/bi-weekly/monthly an auction goes up for "something" and everyone gets a chance to get in on the auction but no one knows the true value of it but the prizes can range from things like a custom flame made by Hampa, a QI pack, a rare item or even a free profile customization so that way hopefully all people from Toribash will want to get in on it and it'll be a regularly occurring large TC sink.
It should be pretty easy to sink the TC that the shop was sinking and them some but it would require MS to host more events.
  • Introducing a way to sell items while bypassing Qi restrictions
    This idea isn't fleshed out yet properly, but yeah - I'd be interested to see if you have any suggestions on what could be the potential tax/payment for being able to bypass Qi requirements. Pay with ST for every N Qi the item requires? A paid subscription for the marketers that makes them ignore Qi restrictions?

I think this would be best as a monthly subscription service where you can pay around $5-$10 per month something around that (maybe more?) and you have access to buy items regardless of your QI to market with but you would need to make it so the user can not activate those items and use them in game otherwise you'll be negating people even needing 20k QI for Void and such or even buying No-QI items for Shiai. Potentially a way around this would be to "tag" every item they buy for TC while they have the subscription active (maybe have the item highlighted as Green or Red to make them stand out) and those items are not able to be activated or put into at set that can be activated while they are on an account that doesn't have the QI for them (That way people who have items that they bought no-qi or unpacked a pack would still be able to activate and deactivate their items while using this service).

Sorry for the delay on my reply to this post I've been meaning to do it but life has been super busy and have only just got around to it!

Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this, I don't know if I have misunderstood anything but if I have let me know

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang