Toribash
Original Post
Auto cancel when there are no counters?
Habits: "Well hi, today I bring to you a problem that should have been fixed a long time ago."
Habits: "Whats that Habits?"
Habits: "Oh just canceling bets when there are no counters so you don't have to rely on lazy operators!"
Habits: "Well how would that work?"
Habits: "You see, when bet frames are up (if there are no counters) the bets will auto cancel!"

You see, this happens to a lot of people, and instead of posting in scam reports and shit, I decided to attempt to get it fixed so no one else has to go through the trouble.

GOLF WANG
Unity is recruiting! Click here to apply!
I don't think you understand correctly. I wouldn't have cared so much if there were actually counters. Its the point that it sank. If there are no counters it should auto refund.

I knew this would be the hardest point to get across to a bunch of self-righteous, stubborn kids. No offence of course.

Also, why are you guys so against this, it can only make the game better, it's not like its hurting anything.
GOLF WANG
Originally Posted by Habits View Post
If there are no counters it should auto refund.

If you bet on the winner, then it does get auto-refunded.
a bunch of self-righteous, stubborn kids.

No offence of course.

What.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
We've already discussed the "If no one bets against you and you lose, you don't get anything at all." statement back and forth and I don't think you quite understand that that is the reason of this thread.

You both don't. The reason of this thread is to help players out. No harm and no FOUL. Why do you hate toribash so much hawk? Why do you not state a point Habits? This is ment to help and I truly think most people would benefit from it.

Now, explain to me the things that WON'T benifit from this. Lets go from there.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
The key to not getting screwed by your bets is to bet smart. It is, as many people, including yourself, have said, a risk. Now, it's true that there's also the chance of reward normally. But that chance is dependent on the fact that there's somebody willing to counter your bet. Betting properly here involves more than just "huehue I think that one's gonna win, put my money on that one!" - it involves factoring in whether or not there's anybody willing to take your bet and not just recklessly throwing your money into wagers and expecting everything to hold your hand. This is what's commonly known as a calculated risk, which is how clever people take chances on things. We're not going to hold your hand when you decide to gamble with your money. Server ops may choose to do more hand-holding if they so wish, but it's not something that should be implemented as the norm.
\o/
To answer your question about who loses if you don't get your TC back: We, "the house", lose.

Betting was created not just because it's fun but more specifically because it's a TC sink. TC sinking is awesome. In the long run: the community benefits from TC sinks. TC sinks like name changes, clan creations, and bets all lower the overall global TC available, thus making any individual 1 TC more valuable. If there were only 10 million TC in Toribash, people wouldn't be selling a million TC for $100 they'd be selling it for thousands of dollars. Same goes to show about why someone can only get a maximum of 500% of their investment, the rest is an intended sink.

When you lose TC and it get's sunk, that's the system working as intended. If you're not up to taking the risk of having your TC sank, please refrain from betting.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Maybe if TC was returned if no counters -> more ppl was do first bet in match without fear -> more ppl get profit over 500% -> more TC was sinked than sink with no_counters_no return. Maybe.
Tc still sinks when there are no counters and your guy wins, its called:
/bet 100 name
"Name wins"
"Habits has won a 99 TC bet"

True story.
GOLF WANG
That's not a product of TC sinks, but rather the small portion of the bets which go to the winner of the match.
\o/
Tc still sinks when there are no counters and your guy wins, its called:
/bet 100 name
"Name wins"
"Habits has won a 99 TC bet"

True story.

You don't successfully suggest something to Toribash by being disrespectful of staff discussing their thoughts on your idea. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt to realize that what you're citing isn't at all what I'm talking about when I say that TC sinks are a reason for the inception of betting as an in-game feature and it's useful for the community and for Nabi.

Try to relax.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I agree with this it would get less poeple mad and canceling bet when there is no counter is simply good,nothing is fun in betting when they are no possible profit.
Have a nice day.
(Sorry for my grammar i'm learning english)