Ranking
yo wut

I decided to look at some real airplanes. Then i finally figured out my the previous ship looked like a triangular penis. Still a liiiiiiittle bit of tweaking to be done on it (them jet flames), but i already like it more than the old one.

Also, i've found a problem with the split-in-parts sprites; i'd like the ship to tilt when you move sideways. Making it all fit together would be VERY hard. What i could do, however, is to make multiple whole ships for the player to choose between, which then come in different colors. Not quite as customizable, but it'll be much easier for everyone involved.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
True, I had it working though :P I just split the sprite in three parts and kept the original size, leaving no further moving to be done :0
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
Indeed, but the problem arises when you mix parts from different ships, if you even intended that. They aren't made to fit each other and such. However, if it was just changing colors of individual parts, then there is no problem. :U
Also, i tease you with moar ship.

That's how it looks when it tilts. Still subject to change, but you get the gist. =P
MAKE A 10 FRAME TILT SEQUENCE GOGOGOGOGO.

Nah but looks cool shook. Keep up the good work.
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Indeed, but the problem arises when you mix parts from different ships, if you even intended that. They aren't made to fit each other and such. However, if it was just changing colors of individual parts, then there is no problem. :U
Also, i tease you with moar ship.

That's how it looks when it tilts. Still subject to change, but you get the gist. =P

True, let's go with your idea
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
that's a nice trojan you got there bro

too bad i have anti-virus programs

@squirlle: Thanks! I am aiming at making this a fairly simple to play game, so it's good to know that it is just that.

@4zb41: Hot damn, i'm not the only one who played Raptor? Nice. In fact, that game's been sort of inspirational for my own efforts.

@Chartle: Which one of them? :U

@Kryo: Thanks man. I'm a horrible animator, so i'm glad that it doesn't look horrible. :P

Also, been working on moving the HUD bars to the sides of the screen, so far only the health bar:

Doesn't look too bad if you ask me (still needs tweaking, but i'm currently doing exam preparations), but i'm thinking it should be a tad shorter. What do you think?