Ranking
Original Post
Cool Item for old(ish) people
I had an idea that everyone that joined before the steam release, and are active should get some sort of item or token.

That's still a shit ton of items.
But there'll be a load of new players on.
So yeah.
That's my idea.
Woot.
goodbye cruel world
so many people have signed up before the steam release, we really don't need an item for people 2007-2014~

I understand that oldschoolers got an item and everything but seriously, why do we need this other than to show off to the inevitable new steam users?
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
so many people have signed up before the steam release, we really don't need an item for people 2007-2014~

I understand that oldschoolers got an item and everything but seriously, why do we need this other than to show off to the inevitable new steam users?

If I had an answer, I'd tell you.

This is really just a late-night ramble and an easy route to get 500 posts (yay).
-----
Edit: I've come up with an actual response!
Notice how I say active, so that can't be more than 5000 players.
400,000 new players have joined TB in only 4 days. That is 5.25 of what it was before.
In 4 days. It has taken TB 7 years on order to get to 2.1 million registered players, and now there is 2.5 million after such a short period. 5000/2.5 million is actually a really small amount.

I think that made sense.
Last edited by Note; May 23, 2014 at 08:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
goodbye cruel world
first with join date May 19, 2014 - http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?u=3446832
last joined at this moment - http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?u=3530806
3530806 - 3446832 = 83974
u sure about 400k ?

i support only if it can be hideable ingame
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
first with join date May 19, 2014 - http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?u=3446832
last joined at this moment - http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?u=3530806
3530806 - 3446832 = 83974
u sure about 400k ?

i support only if it can be hideable ingame

God Damn it.
I blame lack of sleep, but you're right.
And it doesn't even have to be usable in game. Even something like a token could work.
goodbye cruel world
but... why? just for playing the game before someone on steam could? I don't think that warrants anyone a special little prize, just be happy you got to play the game long enough to see it develop into being on steam.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
I'd say an achievement for players before the steam release who helped make the steam release happen, like the users who voted for steam on green light, they deserve something, people who just merely made their accounts before the steam release shouldn't receive anything because they didn't really contribute towards the steam release..
I think the people who voted on the steam green light should be rewarded, but that's too hard to count and work out which users so the main reward is just being able to teach the new players about the forums and stuff, why seek something that makes you more special than others?
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
I'd say an achievement for players before the steam release who helped make the steam release happen

Or who helped the community for that matter, so it doesn't make much sense to do this.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
So basically some people feel like they deserve a reward for being here before steam release? The reason people got the KFMB (Kung Fu Master Beard) was because they actually paid for the game when you had to. I like the idea of an achievement of sorts, but why would we need one?

As for people that contributed largely to it being released on Steam, I don't think an achievement for 'voting' is gonna cut it, since not only people that play toribash voted for it.

For now, we can just be happy that we were here before the steam release, and if they are going to add an item or achievement for it then they will do.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.