Toribash
Original Post
Autosave Addition
I think it would be easier and more useful if autosaved replays were to include a category for mods. (ex. [Secret]Mysteryvs[Urban]Erth1337-666.aik.rpl)
Aik is short for aikido.
More abbreviations would be like:
jud>judo
wsh>wushu
xpr>xspar
nnj>ninjutsu
This would be beneficial because it would be a lot easier to distinguish which mod you used, and which replay shows it(the mod you want to find the replay for).
I like this idea
It should also be implemented in the already existing replay system
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
So you actually know what the replay is
Spar/ reg multiplayer
Along he lines of that
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
First of all, it sounds like a nice idea, but I see a few "flaws" with it:

If we tag it at the end, most OSs will not be able to sort them in explorer or finder or whateverhaveit, and if moved directly to the replay folder, they will still be sorted by the clan of the first lad.

Now, if we had a "tagging system for automatically saved replays" here is a short list of features that could be useful/helpful:

1) A tagging system at the front of the replay name, eg "[Aikido.tbm][Secret]Mysteryvs[Urban]Erth1337-666.rpl" (I will assume that all OSs fully support the integration of figures in the replay names, including punctuation in the form of dots and colons)

2) A tagging system that is customizable with at-least these three features:
a) the date of the replay, including timecode in form of [2013/10/01@14:52:18]
or similar ([2013-10-01@14h52'18''], or any combination of such)
b) the mod as formerly suggested in the form of the whole mod name, [Aikido.tbm]
c) the way someone won; [Pts] or [DQ] or similar (read Points, disqualification etc)

3) A tagging system that allows separation into different folders, mainly to separate the games you've participated in form those games that you did not participate in, and then perhaps even into folders called "Wins" and "Losses" (and "Draws") for a better overview of your replays.

A note on the 3rd way; if a customization-system were implemented as-well, a feature for only saving your wins could also be fun to have for those of us that care little for most autosaves'. (OT: as of right now I just deleted my autosave folder, 1.2 gigs of files that I barely ever notice.. or need.)

Combined: [Aikido.tbm][2013/10/01@14:52:18][DQ][Secret]Mysteryvs[Urban]Erth1337-666.rpl

Now of-course it would be nice if we as said had a customization feature of this so that we could for example disable the timecode if we do not wish to use it all the time, or just that we wish to change the way that the system saves them, in one folder or separating them by wins and losses (for games you've participated in).
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
First of all, it sounds like a nice idea, but I see a few "flaws" with it:

If we tag it at the end, most OSs will not be able to sort them in explorer or finder or whateverhaveit, and if moved directly to the replay folder, they will still be sorted by the clan of the first lad.

Now, if we had a "tagging system for automatically saved replays" here is a short list of features that could be useful/helpful:

1) A tagging system at the front of the replay name, eg "[Aikido.tbm][Secret]Mysteryvs[Urban]Erth1337-666.rpl" (I will assume that all OSs fully support the integration of figures in the replay names, including punctuation in the form of dots and colons)

2) A tagging system that is customizable with at-least these three features:
a) the date of the replay, including timecode in form of [2013/10/01@14:52:18]
or similar ([2013-10-01@14h52'18''], or any combination of such)
b) the mod as formerly suggested in the form of the whole mod name, [Aikido.tbm]
c) the way someone won; [Pts] or [DQ] or similar (read Points, disqualification etc)

3) A tagging system that allows separation into different folders, mainly to separate the games you've participated in form those games that you did not participate in, and then perhaps even into folders called "Wins" and "Losses" (and "Draws") for a better overview of your replays.

A note on the 3rd way; if a customization-system were implemented as-well, a feature for only saving your wins could also be fun to have for those of us that care little for most autosaves'. (OT: as of right now I just deleted my autosave folder, 1.2 gigs of files that I barely ever notice.. or need.)

Combined: [Aikido.tbm][2013/10/01@14:52:18][DQ][Secret]Mysteryvs[Urban]Erth1337-666.rpl

Now of-course it would be nice if we as said had a customization feature of this so that we could for example disable the timecode if we do not wish to use it all the time, or just that we wish to change the way that the system saves them, in one folder or separating them by wins and losses (for games you've participated in).

I wouldnt know how to word all the programming and stuff but this makes sense, i like the way you expanded upon it.
Tags are not very handy, just have toribash create new subfolders for each mod. Maybe even add an option to create subfolders for players.
How are you?
and how about to add mod name to attributes of rpl files ? so we will sort replays in folder
by mods. En example i can sort now replays in folder by date, name or size.
Hope I was understood
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
Tags are not very handy, just have toribash create new subfolders for each mod. Maybe even add an option to create subfolders for players.

Only problem I see with this (which could also be addressed for with a change within the client) is that when viewing replays we as of today have 1 folder called replays, where we may save replays and sort them by name. Simple as that, however if we could browse our replays from within the client, say we have a front showing us first-most (and always first-most when starting TB) the /replay folder, but with the addition of for example having, as when viewing rooms, the mods shown after the replay name, and perhaps also a date column. Sorting after these 3 columns would be handy as-well, a to z, z to a, newest to oldest, oldest to... expanding upon the idea of folders then we should also have the autosave folder within this folder say /replays/autosave, from here on we could now either have them sorted in mod folders or just have them sorted by the client in columns.

Now the reason why I prefer tags is that with a script one could remove the tags and create this find of frame through a script, however I do not see it working the other way around. But, why have a script for it if the client supports it from scratch?

Why do I always write walls of text?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
I don't know, but it makes sense. It would kinda be difficult with all the subfolders, it would be a hassle to find one replay if one didnt understand how it works.