ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Pure ghost
Sup I was really wondering why there is no pure ghost? Is it because its white and might be invisible?
I just really want to know why.
It's a little bit useless just like primary and secondary,They don't show up clearly in-game.
Grads don't affect the game as much. I believe there is no pure ghost because you can't see it very well.
Originally Posted by zomfier View Post
Grads don't affect the game as much. I believe there is no pure ghost because you can't see it very well.

I think the point is exactly that.

Toribash doesn't allow items that directly affect the playability of the opponent, like flames that cause serious lag, completely transparent textures (I think it's reportable, no? Correct me if I'm wrong), and along with these items is the Pure Ghost, which should probably be almost invisible to the opponent, which would be sharply affected by not being able to see the following movements and blah blah blah. This may be possible with the use of shaders, but it doesn't come to the case now.
Originally Posted by kasiusis View Post
Sup I was really wondering why there is no pure ghost? Is it because its white and might be invisible?
I just really want to know why.

Pure ghost would be cool. Just make the opacity more dense so it shows more white. I don't know if that would be possible. Just a thought.
It isn't as invisible as some of you think.

Pure Ghost without shaders.
Pure Ghost with shaders (no ray-tracing). Looks clearer there, though without shaders you can still see it well.
This is the worst it gets, though when the ghost is in movement you can see it a lot clearer.
In case someone argues that it'll look bad with other Pure items.

Well, in still pictures it may look worse than it is, so I recommend trying it yourself before making judgement.
Admittedly it is more invisible than other ghosts, but I still don't think it'll bring any problems, at least not at the caliber of what flames can do. I even played with it for a while in-game especially in Wushu where there was less time where Tori or Uke was at the background to make the ghost look clearer. I was playing just as well as I usually do.
Originally Posted by -ian- View Post
I appreciate the comment and links. Very informative.

Same here. Thanks for the informations Tonakai.