Ranking
Original Post
Personalised items as prize
I would like that for bigger events u can personalize a certain item you own.

Like after u win u decide what item to personalize.

So after personalization the item will be : Insanity's gold relax or Insanity's magma timer or whatever.

I find that to be dope.

Also the item remains tradable and normal in every other way. Just the name is personalized.

Maybe in tb next
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Would it put you off the idea if I said that's why it's impossible to get the full Demon achievement now?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Correct me if I'm wrong, purely like a nametag, nothing to do with the item itself? Either way I support it.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Would it put you off the idea if I said that's why it's impossible to get the full Demon achievement now?

Because the renamed item counts as a 18th part of full demon now? There has to be a way around it.
Or if u win forum event you get a personalization token that you can use on 3d hairs but not on normal items that make full sets...

Originally Posted by Stiq View Post
Why not just put the item into a set and rename the set?

The point was that this personalization would be a prize for forum events. Putting it in a set and naming the set beats the purpuse of this.

Got the idea from diablo 2, where you can personalize items once u finish a certain quest.
-----
Originally Posted by HASSAN View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, purely like a nametag, nothing to do with the item itself? Either way I support it.

I was thinking that the item would be renamed from vampire relax to HASSAN'S vampire relax
Last edited by Insanity; Oct 24, 2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Pm me for deals
I honestly prefer to be able to change the color of a 3d item as a prize rather than just changing a name since it's worth more.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Changing the name wouldnt help. It would still have the vampire colour id and the issue with the demon set would also happen with the vampire set.
Is it possible to change item id?
If not there can be a swap. Your demon force you trade for a new one with different id (like a new item that is not demon but has the same name and works the same)

Perhaps this is getting complicated, but should be way around this achivement problem...
Pm me for deals

achievements are broken anyway, who cares?

Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Changing the name wouldnt help. It would still have the vampire colour id and the issue with the demon set would also happen with the vampire set.

suggestion: just fix it by changing the way achievements get triggered to unlock. should be possible by either excluding named items from the achievement, or making the achievement see the item as if it were unnamed somehow. no workarounds, fix the problem head-on. you might as well just do that during this achievement overhaul i've heard you were doing.

considering this problem was out of the way, how would you think about implementing personally named items?