Ranking
Original Post
Failed Activity Check & Warning.
Hi there GermanUnderground, we've been rolling out new stealth activity checks and you appear to have failed this one.

The system operates in such a way to catch out clans that simply turn up for activity checks when we post them on your board - this way we don't have inactive clans slip the net. We suggest creating an "inactive" usergroup on your clan memberlist as inactivity checks are judged relative to your clan's size and declaring members as inactive/kicking them is likely to help.

Please be aware we take your board, in-game and IRC activity when doing these checks. Please let us know if you have an IRC channel we may not know about.

Failing another activity check will result in the clan being removed and you will have to prove you are active enough by going through the application process again if you choose to do so.

Good luck!
collect snots from the nose
Joa dann dauert das ja nicht mehr lange bis hier Klappe zu ist.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Please be aware we take your board, in-game and IRC activity when doing these checks

A bit unnecessary, ain't it. IRC control, you gotta be kidding.

I don't find any good reason to have such a detailed check in clans that went with the versions of toribash from somewhere near the beginning.
This island community's are the places that keeps me here

What is the point of cleaning away clans where the activity is not close to daily posting?

I don't get it. The community is running the game. Other games have thousands of clans
Last edited by Aikanaro; Feb 28, 2015 at 12:28 AM.
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Not being on IRC does not hinder a clan when being checked, so your comments on "IRC control" would be kind of unfounded. Activity checks that were done before these ones were horribly ineffective and haphazardly done, a change in how they are handled was long overdue.

In actual fact, the checks are a lot more forgiving than us simply "cleaning away clans that aren't close to daily posting". You have no idea how the system works and are making wild assumptions without reason - clans that are getting warnings are given plenty of time to change their activity levels and clans that are removed have failed to take that opportunity seriously or were so inactive they weren't even aware they had been warned.

Please, if you're going to make baseless criticism on a system you know nothing about at least try to contact me and make sure you at least have a shred of information to make a point out of first.
It's simple let GerU be alive, we are germans and germans are busy and that's the reason why we are sometimes inactive

btw you should better take a focus on the ingame activity than killing some inactives clans
Last edited by Frettchen; Mar 1, 2015 at 08:00 PM.
OM NOM NOM NOM
Not being on IRC does not hinder a clan when being checked, so your comments on "IRC control" would be kind of unfounded.

You consider the IRC activity though, right?

In actual fact, the checks are a lot more forgiving than us simply "cleaning away clans that aren't close to daily posting".

I do have personal experiance with this. Addicted was in a phase of apathy too and we had to go through activity checks multiply times. People are posting when they feel like, sometimes every day, sometimes once a month. But like a sinus wave, we have still ups after every down.
Even though we have different opinions on this, you can still comprehend the point that, in [Addicted], there is quite much posting in the last time again.

You have no idea how the system works [...] making wild assumptions without reason [...] if you're going to make baseless criticism on a system you know nothing about at least try to contact me and make sure you at least have a shred of information [...]

You might take this a bit too personal, because it wasn't focused on you. There were no wild assumptions, just one point -> I don't understand why there have to be a job in this forum where 'activity checks' are made that often. If there is no post for a half year, clean it up. But seeing an activity check after like three weeks in a time where the semester just started, makes me sad.

In fact, the last posts before you went for the activity checks were just one day earlier to one week earlier. But still you see a need to do this check.
Furthermore you tell me to contact you and ask for your job and what you do to understand this? I see this thread and this discussion as a constructiv way to discuss this.

Baseless critism on a system I know nothing about? Shred information?
Man now this goes personal. I know the forum, because I'm here since 2008. The 'system' is your job, not mine. And I yet asked for an information. That was a big wave on that question, wasn't it?

To cut a long story short, GerU might have phases of apathy. But yet it's a nice subforum with nice people who do post from time to time.
So you do this job to find out if the clan is still above your (the clan mods) definition of activity, which seems to be that quite a few people post frequently into the clanforum AND into IRC.
Your job has significance, for shure. But I'm not going with your definition of a necessary termination. I saw this in [Addicted], were we were close to the terminition just for the fact, that like 5 members had to post within a week even though everybody was very busy.

GerU and Addicted have both participated over a long time in this community, workin on so many things in this community. And now it's considered to delete them even though there are members who still post and members who will come back in the future. You can't understand this oppression in any way?
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
GUYS! I AM BACK TOO!

Just wanted to let you know (:

Well i understand both Gynx and Aikanaro. But i really do support Aikanaros point of view.

This sub forum has quite a lot of potential, even if there are only a few posts per week/month/whatever.

GermanUnderground is a very old community, started under several names with all the same members over and over again back to 2008.
Toribash is what created us in a way and is part of us. New friendships grew since then. We know each other for up to 7 years now and we still come back to this forum from time to time.
We have a look at how we are doing and just communicate like in old times. Maybe sharing a new (toribash-) video or piece of art we just created.

There is something in this forum, this clan, which makes us coming back here, something what connects us and is fundamental for our friendship.

To delete this clan, the foundation for a big part of the expieriences we had for the past 7 years would be a shame.

I hope you see our point here and understand what this clan means to us. This is not only a clan anymore.
Like Aikanaro already mentioned, it survived nearly from the beginning of toribash until today and it should not end like this.

I wish you all and Gynx a nice evening, or morning or whatever timezone you live in.
Brokkoli
>Sanrasaa for Co-Leader<
Originally Posted by Aikanaro View Post
You consider the IRC activity though, right?

Yes, but this does nothing but make it easier to pass the check. Clans that don't use it aren't actually making it harder on themselves though, because that's not how the test works.

I do have personal experiance with this. Addicted was in a phase of apathy too and we had to go through activity checks multiply times. People are posting when they feel like, sometimes every day, sometimes once a month. But like a sinus wave, we have still ups after every down.
Even though we have different opinions on this, you can still comprehend the point that, in [Addicted], there is quite much posting in the last time again.

You actually have no experience with this. You are referring to the old-style activity checks that we used to do - this is something that we no longer do; out of all the activity checks we've done Addicted hasn't failed and as such you haven't had a warning from me. You make a good point about fluctuating activity, but the ways these tests work is that you have a considerable portion of your clan to be inactive for months at a time if you are to be removed. Clans that aren't obviously dying have nothing to worry about.

You might take this a bit too personal, because it wasn't focused on you. There were no wild assumptions, just one point -> I don't understand why there have to be a job in this forum where 'activity checks' are made that often. If there is no post for a half year, clean it up. But seeing an activity check after like three weeks in a time where the semester just started, makes me sad.

The idea that clans have to be totally active for half a year to be eligible for removal is ridiculous. How is it fair that clans that do nothing for months at a time sit at the same table as ones who actually, you know, play the game or contribute to the community? It isn't. We expect official clans to set an example and hold them to a standard for this reason.

In fact, the last posts before you went for the activity checks were just one day earlier to one week earlier. But still you see a need to do this check.
Furthermore you tell me to contact you and ask for your job and what you do to understand this? I see this thread and this discussion as a constructiv way to discuss this.

I don't mind discussing it here, but I don't generally browse GerU's subforum so I offered you a more immediate response. There's nothing wrong with that. I also suggested that you don't really know what you're talking about because you have no idea of the specifics of the test - all I can tell you is that the majority of the people who know about it think that it's too lenient and want it to be more punishing. Looking at when the last post was (you reference posts were made a week or so prior to my post) is not comparable to how the test is made. I'm not saying we don't look at posts (that would be ridiculous) but you seem to assume that we go "hey they haven't posted in a week, lets warn them". That assumption is false.

Baseless critism on a system I know nothing about? Shred information?
Man now this goes personal. I know the forum, because I'm here since 2008. The 'system' is your job, not mine. And I yet asked for an information. That was a big wave on that question, wasn't it?

You didn't ask for information, you criticised a system that was rightfully punishing an inactive clan without knowing anything about how it works. I called you out on that and explained why you were wrong to do so, that's not me getting "personal", that's me letting you know you're wrong.

To cut a long story short, GerU might have phases of apathy. But yet it's a nice subforum with nice people who do post from time to time.
So you do this job to find out if the clan is still above your (the clan mods) definition of activity, which seems to be that quite a few people post frequently into the clanforum AND into IRC.
Your job has significance, for shure. But I'm not going with your definition of a necessary termination. I saw this in [Addicted], were we were close to the terminition just for the fact, that like 5 members had to post within a week even though everybody was very busy.

That's nice and all but we don't deal in opinions, we look at hard statistics and make judgements based on those. Just because you're biased towards your friends does not mean that we're going to put them on a pedestal over other clans - it's our job to remain impartial and keep the system fair. We would be wrong to favour some clans over others so we don't.

GerU and Addicted have both participated over a long time in this community, workin on so many things in this community. And now it's considered to delete them even though there are members who still post and members who will come back in the future. You can't understand this oppression in any way?

It's not oppression, it's the warning of a clan that is inactive. This was done so ineffectually in the past that people got used to doing absolutely nothing and getting away with it. Now we're actually able to take action and do stuff about inactive clans there's a handful that get upset because they thought they could sit idly by and do nothing. You're speaking from a position of so much bias that I'm hardily surprised you see this as "oppressive" simply because it puts your friends in a tough place. It's a system that doesn't side with anyone except for active clans and that's how it should be/always should have been.

Originally Posted by sipher
GUYS! I AM BACK TOO!

Just wanted to let you know (:

Well i understand both Gynx and Aikanaro. But i really do support Aikanaros point of view.

This sub forum has quite a lot of potential, even if there are only a few posts per week/month/whatever.

GermanUnderground is a very old community, started under several names with all the same members over and over again back to 2008.
Toribash is what created us in a way and is part of us. New friendships grew since then. We know each other for up to 7 years now and we still come back to this forum from time to time.
We have a look at how we are doing and just communicate like in old times. Maybe sharing a new (toribash-) video or piece of art we just created.

There is something in this forum, this clan, which makes us coming back here, something what connects us and is fundamental for our friendship.

To delete this clan, the foundation for a big part of the expieriences we had for the past 7 years would be a shame.

I hope you see our point here and understand what this clan means to us. This is not only a clan anymore.
Like Aikanaro already mentioned, it survived nearly from the beginning of toribash until today and it should not end like this.

I wish you all and Gynx a nice evening, or morning or whatever timezone you live in.

If you fail the test you fail the test. It's not up to me, it's up to you. All you said was "yeah we're inactive but we don't want to be removed". I don't get on board with that kind of logic, especially considering the fact that I've just explained to Aikanaro that the test doesn't deal in anything but statistics & even clans that are considered legendary (bncy, RAWR, Torigod) have also been warned/deleted.
mal sehen wie lange es noch dauert....
wie kämen wir denn durch? war da nichtmal was von wegen 5 aktive member oder sowas?
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3