Toribash
Nice & simple list of things that improve TB performance, top of the list gives the biggest boost, bottom the lowest:

1. Processor
2. Graphics chip
3. Ram

Seriously, once you've got 512 meg of ram you're not going to see much of a difference. The biggest bottle neck in TB is the processor, and a fast one will stop any form of slowdown.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Thank you verry much for your comments.I will see if I can find a processor and see how much does it cost and I may upgrade it.

Also:

Originally Posted by skulfuk
I've no idea what your motherboard will support, but since you've got a 1.8 in there (@ 266fsb) you should be able to ramp it up to an Athlon XP 2.6

By 2.6 were you refering to the frequency or AMD Athlon XP 2600+?

Originally Posted by skulfuk
I've no idea what your motherboard will support

I have a VIA km400 motherboard.

And...if this helps at all:

My AMD Duron is running on socket A(462)

Please answer the bold question.
Last edited by vladvlad; Mar 9, 2009 at 08:41 PM.
Proud member of [Pandora]
The frequency of AMD chips is always lower than it states - the number is an equivalent speed to an original thunderbird Athlon (600mhz - 1400mhz)

So an Athlon XP 2600 would only run at 2.13mhz, but it's as fast as a 2.6ghz chip.

The boost you'd get from a Duron would be huge though, mostly because old Durons were basically crippled Athlons. eg. a 1.8 Duron is about the same speed as a 1.5 Athlon.

You'd have to double check with the board's manufacturer for chip support - and it might require a bios flash, but there's a chance you could run a 333 bus chip - so that would max you out at 2.8 ghz

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Ok...so I found an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ for ~25 euros.There said that it is Socket A(462) just like my actual cpu...so I might buy it.

Also : Here are the specs of my motherboard : http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/ch...-series/km400/
Last edited by vladvlad; Mar 9, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
Yeah, that chip'll run great. It'll smooth out the big fps drops your getting, don't get me wrong there'll still be drops - but no where near as bad & it'll give you a better boost than RAM.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Well...I bought and mounted it.

But it says it`s a duron(like my old one) and it`s running at 1800 mhz(at first it was 1500 but I went into BIOS frequency/voltage and changed it to the max value) and the frequency multiplier is 11 when it should be 12.5.

So...

Could a BIOS update fix this?
Last edited by vladvlad; Apr 3, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
Yeah, if the chip was released after your mainboard (which it more than likely was) then your computer won't know what it is.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
It looks like it fixed itself...

I shuted my pc down and let it so for about 5 mins...

And when I started it, it began working like it should

Thanks for telling me that a cpu will help me more than RAM and thanks for recommending me this CPU

And as for Toribash gameplay:It improved the gameplay a lot...now the fps is mainly above 40 fps even when I grab something.

Thanks
Last edited by vladvlad; Apr 3, 2009 at 08:13 PM.
No worries, it's what I'm here for. ^_^

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you