Toribash
Original Post
The Minecraft Thread
I know that some of you play minecraft, and I am under the impression that at least most, if not all of you have at least heard of it. This is the thread to talk about the game, post things that you have built, etc.

Of course, this thread is also open to random discussion about the game as well.

At the moment, I am in the middle of constructing a ship, modeled after the typical 74-gun third-rate ship. If you don't know what I'm talking about, the wikipedia link is here. I will continue to edit this first post with my progress on the ship, giving updates when I reach a certain milestone in the construction. You are free to post and edit as well, so as to minimize the amount of single posts with a line of text and a picture. I have come across a man who made a shipbuilding guide thread on the forums which I am referencing if I don't understand how to do some task. This link is here. Check back with this post every once in a while to see my progress. Edits don't put a "new post" icon in the main board.

I have finished the skeleton of the ship, giving me a general idea of what the hull is going to look like. The white line is the total length of the ship (52m) The red blocks lining that are where the cannons are going to go. The green/white tower is the height, and the blue blocks sticking is the waterline. I'm trying to make this ship as realistic as possible, so every detail counts.

I finished boarding the hull up. Because I'm lazy, I did one side and then used MCEdit to copy/flip the other side. This way, I'm assured that the ship is perfectly symmetrical. I started to do the decking before I took the screenshot, so that's why the poop deck is up.

Finished the decking, bleached the wood in between the stripes and at the waterline, put two decks on the inside, and put in the cannons on said decks. All that's left now is masts, sails, rigging, detailing, cargo hold, and intermediate deck(s). Jesus, I'm only halfway done.

I *finished* the captain's quarters and decided where the masts would go. I also added a ruler of sorts in the ground. I've decided to make superflatland my permanent shipyard, and as such will need a to-scale ruler so I can build the hulls appropriately.

I finished what this ship is going to be. I finished the masting and sails, then realized that I messed up on the hull, and decided to plonk it in the water then and there. Properly, of course. There isn't any water in the ship. I named it the HES (Hawke Empire Ship) Ribs, due to the fact that this is a mere skeleton of my next ship, which will be greatly improved.

Last edited by hawkesnightmare; Jul 2, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
I'm terrible when it comes to big cool-looking things like a ship or smth. I'll just comment on stuff. :P
Thank you. I intend this to be the best creation I've made to date. Though my Hawke Tower(couldn't think of a better name) is taking the cake so far. Standing at 86 metres high, it is the tallest creation I have ever built, not counting one block tall towers to see how high the world is. Accounting for a slope not far away and the bedrock level, the highest block of this tower sits at level 155.

Last edited by hawkesnightmare; Jul 2, 2013 at 03:03 AM.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
I'm trying very hard to control myself from making a sexually-undertoned joke about your tower, hawkes.

Can't do it. Your tower looks like the bastard child of a vibrator and the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver.

There's nothing bad about that at all though.
-----
.hawke, there going ship Nice
Last edited by Trick; Jul 2, 2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
fl0w
Thank you. Again, I refer you all to ConfuseACat if you wish to build a large ship. Or you could be like Timee and build a huge dildo. Whatever floats your boat.
Floats your boat. I see what you did there, Captain Hawke.
Dyrisk: Do sluts call their private parts..Public parts?
Zandër: No, they call it "Business Assets"
Emperor, thank you very much. The tower is my base, and this is the beginnings of my fleet.
if you play minecraft on xbox with me i would be more than happy to build with you
My doctor told i wouldnt spit up blood if i didnt drink nothing but mouthwash.
I would love to as well, but there are three problems.
1. My xbox has been commandeered by my brother
2. it would take wayyy too long to build such a creation
3. The texture pack is how I know what I'm doing. Without it I'm lost. Yes, that is an issue for me.
I made a masterball in my superflat world. Because I was bored, and have given up on ships for the time being. I will now make every ball in the pokemon universe. Since it was just a bunch of "//hsphere 35:_ 25,25,25" I didn't feel the need to do a step by step update. However, I will stick all of my balls in this post. Feel free to look at them, fantasize about them, what have you.