Toribash
Okay, that may be true. I wouldn't want a 16 or 17 year old neighbor living next to me. Hell, if that was true I wouldn't let my daughter out of the house and I buy a shotgun. Regardless, there isn't always a sure way to determine if someone is too young. New brain scanning devices do have some answers however. If that oils be implemented, would you agree that some don't deserve incarceration as juveniles?
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by Wight View Post
I don't think there will ever be a workable set of criteria with which to justify killing someone, provided that you've a moral issue here. If you've some way of justifying the possible murder of innocent people (or those with extraneous circumstances), for a practice which does not actually provide a "fair" outcome for anyone, let me know.

In terms of practicality, I agree that capital punishment should be allowed, and in fact, encouraged, everywhere. It is necessary, not as a "fair" punishment (as, again, it doesn't solve any moral/ethical problems), but due to the fact that the resources used to keep prisoners alive would be better used for other purposes. Similarly, the waiting time on death row should be shortened, by simplifying the appeals procedure. Some would agree that it is much more cruel to subject someone to the experience of being on death row rather than killing them.

Murder Is always wrong. I wasn't very clear on that. But there is a distinct difference between the act of Murdering someone and the act of killing someone. Murder happens in cold blood, with no legitimate reasoning behind the act. Killing can have a justifiable reasoning behind the act, and deserves a better explanation than the one I'm giving it now, and a better defining area of what is acceptable should be found.

The goddamn youth of today are way to immature for their age. In ancient Rome, once you hit 14, you were an adult. That meant that you were tried and convicted as such. If people that long ago had the capacity to reason as adults at that age back then, I don't see why they couldn't do so now. And granted, there are differences that come with the times, but I don't find any of those convincing enough to sway my argument. Grow Up and Stop being a twat, You're a man now.

^That's what I would like to say. But there is one difference that is concerning to me, and that is the amount of responsibility given to children of then and now. back then, there was a chance you were head of the household at the age of 8. Now, you don't even have to take out the garbage until you're 10, if you're lucky. The lack of responsibility is what ruins today's youth.
Last edited by Templar; Jan 16, 2014 at 02:17 AM.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Originally Posted by TempIar View Post
Murder Is always wrong. I wasn't very clear on that. But there is a distinct difference between the act of Murdering someone and the act of killing someone. Murder happens in cold blood, with no legitimate reasoning behind the act. Killing can have a justifiable reasoning behind the act, and deserves a better explanation than the one I'm giving it now, and a better defining area of what is acceptable should be found.

The goddamn youth of today are way to immature for their age. In ancient Rome, once you hit 14, you were an adult. That meant that you were tried and convicted as such. If people that long ago had the capacity to reason as adults at that age back then, I don't see why they couldn't do so now. And granted, there are differences that come with the times, but I don't find any of those convincing enough to sway my argument. Grow Up and Stop being a twat, You're a man now.

^That's what I would like to say. But there is one difference that is concerning to me, and that is the amount of responsibility given to children of then and now. back then, there was a chance you were head of the household at the age of 8. Now, you don't even have to take out the garbage until you're 10, if you're lucky. The lack of responsibility is what ruins today's youth.

Having grown up without a father since I was 10, I know exactly how you feel. Kids my age don't understand responsibility. It's just simply that. I wish it were different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I might be retired.
Murder Is always wrong. I wasn't very clear on that. But there is a distinct difference between the act of Murdering someone and the act of killing someone. Murder happens in cold blood, with no legitimate reasoning behind the act.

Manslaughter is a type of murder, and, by definition, manslaughter is not done in cold blood. And there could be legitimate reason for manslaughter to occur, i.e. not taking safety precautions to conserve time or money. Maybe not good, moral reasons, but legitimate reasons none the less. I think you mean 1st and 2nd degree murder.
my clan was deleted
Originally Posted by Toolfree View Post
Manslaughter is a type of murder, and, by definition, manslaughter is not done in cold blood. And there could be legitimate reason for manslaughter to occur, i.e. not taking safety precautions to conserve time or money. Maybe not good, moral reasons, but legitimate reasons none the less. I think you mean 1st and 2nd degree murder.

No, I mean murder. I think that labeling manslaughter as murder is technically wrong, in some cases, and in other cases that we call something manslaughter it is actually murder. If you drink and drive, then hit and kill someone, that's your fault, and you should be tried for murder. If you know there is a safety issue with something, and you use it anyway, and it kills someone, that's murder in my book. Maybe not murder worth the capital punishment, but life at least. Humans make mistakes, and as much as we try not to, they happen. That doesn't mean we should let them go unnoticed. Don't be an dumb-ass, and you'll be safe.

Now granted, If you don't know about a safety issue or something happens beyond your control, that's a different story.
No, I mean murder. I think that labeling manslaughter as murder is technically wrong, in some cases, and in other cases that we call something manslaughter it is actually murder. If you drink and drive, then hit and kill someone, that's your fault, and you should be tried for murder. If you know there is a safety issue with something, and you use it anyway, and it kills someone, that's murder in my book. Maybe not murder worth the capital punishment, but life at least. Humans make mistakes, and as much as we try not to, they happen. That doesn't mean we should let them go unnoticed. Don't be an dumb-ass, and you'll be safe.

Now granted, If you don't know about a safety issue or something happens beyond your control, that's a different story.

Yeah, just remembered that manslaughter is a form of homicide, not murder.
my clan was deleted
Originally Posted by Toolfree View Post
Yeah, just remembered that manslaughter is a form of homicide, not murder.

Well, disagreeing with the definition of manslaughter is what i was doing.

Wow, I completely misread your post. Sorry tool, Ignore what I said.
Last edited by Templar; Jan 16, 2014 at 09:18 AM.
Murder happens in cold blood, with no legitimate reasoning behind the act.

Provide adequate reasoning behind an execution, specifically, the methods used today, in the United State of America.
Originally Posted by Wight View Post
Provide adequate reasoning behind an execution, specifically, the methods used today, in the United State of America.

Right. Since Wight has me in a loop while I redefine my stance as necessary to get the right meaning across, I propose another discussion.

Lets have a theoretical discussion. What do ya'll think of Our advancement into the technological age? Do you think it is causing people to become more isolated and distanced due to the increased time people spend on their devices, not having face to face conversations and relationships? Or do you think that because of the increase in ease of communication it has actually drawn people closer together? Do you think that our Reliance on technology will cripple the human race in time, or make it stronger?

I'll post my opinion on this matter later. I want to see your guy's opinions first.
Right. Since Wight has me in a loop while I redefine my stance as necessary to get the right meaning across, I propose another discussion.

Lets have a theoretical discussion. What do ya'll think of Our advancement into the technological age? Do you think it is causing people to become more isolated and distanced due to the increased time people spend on their devices, not having face to face conversations and relationships? Or do you think that because of the increase in ease of communication it has actually drawn people closer together? Do you think that our Reliance on technology will cripple the human race in time, or make it stronger?

I'll post my opinion on this matter later. I want to see your guy's opinions first.

I probably would be a genius if it wasn't for technology. I just get dumber looking at the internet. At least a little, but more like bring back the 80's type of tech. I would be as smarter and more productive.
I REALLY NEED TO PEE