Toribash
Originally Posted by WeRd View Post
Its hard to make a logical argument to defend RAWR

I post nearly daily.
bitlord is actually active ingame.
you are always the first person to respond when someone posts in the clan board.
nuthug comes and goes as he pleases, because no one tells nuthug what to do.
Thats four people that are somewhat active.

Gynx said that he values the individuals more than the clan, but most of us are as much a product of this clans as we are a product of our own actions.

-where would nuthug be if jamie didnt buy nuthug that 1000tc booster and force him into winning 100+ matches a day in aikido/sambo for a month?
-where would I be if nuthug didnt force me into making textures to fund his market obsession/race to complete the item collection against hector?
-where would mantrain be if he didnt make heads for clan mates?
etc.

less relevant, but heck, where would mosier(prior to RAWR membership) or rutzor be if not for their rivalry/relationship with nuthug?

we are as responsible for this clan, as this clan is for us.

Most of the core members in RAWR have been friends and playing together since the beginning. While I was not in RAWR since its inception, I played a lot with these guys in my early 'formative' years of toribash. I was 17 then and I'm 24 now..I can't think of any other game where I have been friends with the same group of 'strangers' for 7 years.

I tried to get mantrain to copy your head as my first head texture when 3.0 was first released and i could wear a texture. you were always in my heart.

but agreed, we are friends, nuthug flew over to hang out over here for a holiday and he has spent time with Strange, MANtrain and borg aswell.
we arent just clan mates, we a product of the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

Life does indeed sneak up on you. We are forced to grow up, get real jobs, and face the world. Despite all of that however I still find myself coming back here. Sometimes after 1 month, sometimes its 5 months, maybe longer..but I keep coming back to see how things are going, particularly to catch up with my friends at RAWR. In a weird sense I feel like part of me has grown up with these guys.

we always come back.
I was 16 when i fell in with strange, nut and train, im 25 now.

RAWR isn't about status, or being legends, or any of that shit, its more about the bond we've all shared creating this thing over the years. Its our home. Theres no arguing that we dont have our fair share of dead weight, but if they ever come back there is still a place for them(ie. bitlord is back from the dead!). Its never been our style to just recruit random, more active players, RAWR has always been a place for old friends to call home.

bolded for relevance.
our core players have been here pretty much since the begining, the first version of the game i played was 2.1 and it is this clan that has kept me here to version 4.900000 or whatever we're on. not the art board or whatever else ive done, its all about this board.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-