Toribash
Original Post
PC Build
Hi, I'm replacing my slow pc from 2013 and building a completely new one for, you guessed it, video games.
First time builder, the aforementioned pc was picked out and put together by a friend.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($136.88 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($64.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($100.09 @ Amazon)
Storage(SSD): Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Adorama)
Storage(HDD): Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Walmart)
Case: Deepcool DSHIELD-V2 ATX Mid Tower Case ($41.00)
Power Supply: FSP Group Hyper M85+ 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $940.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

note: I'm using a hungarian site to order the parts, that's why I didn't include links. I picked this SSD because the lower budget ones don't have DRAM according to pcpartpicker. Picking a motherboard was the most overwhelming, because I don't want to pay for any features I won't use. I don't plan to replace any of these parts any time soon, like 4-5 years-ish.

Feedback is welcomed!

edit: included links to everything, thanks pcpartpicker
Last edited by sery; Feb 11, 2020 at 07:08 PM.
Szia, Nyomj nekem egy linket és segithetek ha úgy gondolod. RAM-ból ugyanaz van ami kell neked és teljesen bevált a többiről nem tudok sokat de utananezhetek ha szeretnéd.
NO TITLE
I've never heard of that PSU brand before. If you're picking it because it's cheap, maybe reconsider it. Good PSUs aren't too terribly expensive, and bad PSUs can do some pretty horrifying things to the rest of your parts. My own reading has typically suggested that Seasonic and eVGA are good brands to pick from if you're picking mostly at random -- not to say that they don't have bad PSUs, but they have comparatively fewer at most of their price points. If you're willing to do a fair bit of digging and reading, you can do far better, but you're primarily looking for a PSU that won't explode, fry your motherboard, and maintain a good fraction of its power output for the 5 years you plan to use it. Sadly, the Seasonic PSU I would normally recommend is not currently available at any reasonable price point.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Szia, Nyomj nekem egy linket és segithetek ha úgy gondolod. RAM-ból ugyanaz van ami kell neked és teljesen bevált a többiről nem tudok sokat de utananezhetek ha szeretnéd.

Hey, raktam linkeket, egyébként a PCX.hu oldalról rendelek mindent. Köszi a felajánlást, de van itt egy jó pár ember aki sokat tud ezekről, én is próbáltam utánanézni mindennek, de még így is lehet hogy valamit elnéztem.

Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
I've never heard of that PSU brand before. If you're picking it because it's cheap, maybe reconsider it. Good PSUs aren't too terribly expensive, and bad PSUs can do some pretty horrifying things to the rest of your parts. My own reading has typically suggested that Seasonic and eVGA are good brands to pick from if you're picking mostly at random -- not to say that they don't have bad PSUs, but they have comparatively fewer at most of their price points. If you're willing to do a fair bit of digging and reading, you can do far better, but you're primarily looking for a PSU that won't explode, fry your motherboard, and maintain a good fraction of its power output for the 5 years you plan to use it. Sadly, the Seasonic PSU I would normally recommend is not currently available at any reasonable price point.

It's a popular power supply brand from PCX.hu, where i'm buying all the parts from. It was listed as a high quality semi-modular PSU. I didn't research it or look up any reviews for it though.I guess a slight upgrade in price range would be the SeaSonic FOCUS 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply.Does anyone know if it's any good?
I've typically heard good things about the FOCUS line. Seasonic doesn't usually put 10 year warranties on PSUs that they don't expect to last that long, it's not their cheapest units, and they're typically a good brand, so I'd be willing to trust it.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Az a helyzet hogy a tápoknál tényleg nagyon függ az emberek véleményétől.Sokan mondják egyik másikra hogy rossz mert csak más a hangja meg ilyenek ezért végül nehéz eldönteni. Amíg nem próbálod ki addig igazából nem is tudhatod hogy mennyire lesz jó nálad. Ez a drágább amit választottál viszont állítólag elég jó. Ismerősöm is úgy vette ugyanezt
hyg nem tudott róla semmit de végül azt mondta hogy jól járt. Amit még ajánlani tudok az ez. Corsair RMx 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Corsair-ról megoszlóak a vélemények. De sok jó termékük van.
NO TITLE
Seems like a well balanced build. I don't know your PSU brand, but if it's well regarded where you're from, go for it. If it's not well regarded, be very careful. Irregular power can fry your shit. The only other comment I have on PSU is that getting a gold/platinum rated PSU will save you money on your electric bill.

The rest of the build, like I said, appears very well balanced....
Except the case/motherboard.

Why are you putting a mATX board into a mid ATX tower? If you want to go micro, get a micro case. There are some really nice ones, but don't cheap out on the case either.
Spending a little more money on the case will:
1) make the build much easier. This is important if it's your first build, even with someone helping you.
2) keep your thermals lower, protecting your hardware for the future.
3) you won't have a pc you hate to look at.

Your build is quite future proof, do you really want to have that budget case for the next 5 years? Do you want to have to rebuild your whole rig when you get sick of looking at it? Is it noisy with a fan build? And if you really do want a mid tower case, consider getting an ATX motherboard: they have more features and room for upgrade in the future (though most people don't need 64 GB ram lol ; D), and are often cheaper because ATX is a bigger market.

Speaking of which, have you thought about cooling? Don't forget to make sure you have a few fans.

Good luck!!
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.97 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($84.00)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.93 @ Walmart)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Walmart)
Case: Deepcool E-Shield ATX Mid Tower Case ($41.00)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $978.86

So I've literally changed everything except for the GPU,SSD and case since the initial post and things will probably change until I'm 100% certain on every part.

I picked the Ryzen 3600 CPU instead of a 2600X, as I didn't want processor to hold back the video card.

I picked an office grade MSI Motherboard instead of a 'gamer' one. It has 2 memory slots which is all I'll need, has an M.2 and SATA connectors for storage. Also if you click the parts list ignore the warning it does support the Ryzen 3600.

it's even on the box, bottom left corner

Changed the memory from 1x16 3200MHz stick to 2x8 2666MHz sticks.

In terms of storage same M.2 SSD, but changed the HDD to a 1TB from 2TB to ease my budget.

I just realized now that I linked a different case than the one I had in mind. This case supports mini- micro- and regular ATX motherboards, it's cheap, fits my GPU, has a glass side window, and looks pretty nice.

I took you guys' advice and went with a Seasonic PCU, it's 80+ gold certified and fully modular.
Last edited by sery; Feb 13, 2020 at 08:21 PM.
I hope everything is working so well that they are playing some AAA games so hard that they forgot to post instead of not having a pc because of something went wrong
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel