Ranking
Original Post
Discord
Irc is a bitch to join all of the time, so why doesn't toribash have its own official discord? It would be easier to stay active with the community and remind me that toribash is a thing. It is basically a plus for all active discord users like me.
Last edited by Arctic; Dec 12, 2017 at 01:46 AM.
whatever
if it is implemented it will die after a week maybe so go for it
pacquiao
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
i'm sure there are plenty of staff members that don't want fucking idiots in a discord server doing @everyone over and over again

still not supported, literally no point

Of course @everyone will be disabled for all roles except some moderators. Same goes for TTS.
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
whatever
if it is implemented it will die after a week maybe so go for it

It'll be a fun week at least. Also, the idea is that Discord will be an alternative for official Toribash IRC channels such as #support as it is used more than IRC by modern gamers at this time. It won't die down if there is a news post about it, and ideally it will also have a link on the main website and in the same bar under the header (the one where ToriShop, Market and Clans are situated) maybe as a replacement for Help.
Last edited by Slau; Dec 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM.
Well you always have this one

https://discord.gg/XGhVgWE

It has around 200 toribash members in it.

It's also been around longer then a week.
Last edited by fireless; Dec 15, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
Anime United
Originally Posted by fireless View Post
Well you always have this one

https://discord.gg/XGhVgWE

It has around 200 toribash members in it.

It's also been around longer then a week.

In addition to this, this is the thread in Entertainment and Media for this Discord. I think it is a pretty neat server, dedicated moderation with an eye for being community-friendly.

I mean, the server we're suggesting doesn't have to be a new server. We can just use one already existing and make it publicly clear it's the official one, through a news post or a sticky. As long as people know where to find it, it can fulfill it's purpose as to lend support and a means for players to gather and do whatever.
If we're going to put forward an "officially recognised" anything it should be manned by some sort of representative to make sure things that shouldn't happen don't happen. It's been a contentious issue in the past (see: forum & IRC rules, public space etc.) but we're sticking with it and with that said I think we'd struggle to find the staff to manage a discord that came from our current forum & IRC network either because it's not what they signed up for, they're spread to thin or they simply don't want to be bugged regarding their forum duties during their chill time. Not saying that should be a reason not to do it but it's what we have to consider when putting Nabi/Toribash's name on anything. I'm leaning toward a completely separate group of people who'd moderate it or volunteers from the current staff network if it were to be done at all, though I'm surprised people aren't happy enough to use the unofficial one considering how much the community wanted freedom outside of the restrictions that come with having "official" spaces.
collect snots from the nose