Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 5.44 - August update (Windows / Linux)
Hi,

Updates coming with the August update:

• Realtime ghost can now be seen by active fighters when set to "all"
    Logic for the /realtimeghost command is as follows:
    • off - disabled for everyone
    • ops - enabled for room operators only
    • specs - enabled for everyone except current fighters
    • all - enabled for everyone

• Bounty updates
    You can see your bounty stats, bounty list and add new bounties on players using the game menu. Bounty menu is available from bottom left bar (head icon).
    See more about the upcoming bounty update in S&I: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=642284

• Lua API updates
    • get_lua_userinfo([string username]) to download user info from server
      See PlayerInfo:getServerUserInfo() (script/system/player_info.lua) for usage example
    • download_inventory([string username]) to download user inventory from server (will download logged in user's inventory to data/script/torishop/invent.txt and specified user's inventory to data/script/torishop/uinvent.tmp)
      See Torishop:getInventoryRaw() (script/system/store_manager.lua) for usage example

• Miscellaneous
    • Standalone installer should now check if you have the required VC++ Redist installed and download/install if it's missing
    • Fixed a uielement3d.lua bug that was causing draw() loop to stutter when attempting to display a non-existent 3d model
    • Confirmation boxes for activating items / adding bounties and such now follow the general design style instead of legacy gui

Steam versions for Windows and Linux are available on public beta branch.
Standalone Windows version: https://cache.toribash.com/Toribash-5.44.1-Setup.exe
Last edited by sir; Aug 5, 2020 at 08:49 AM.
Thank you very much for the Realtime Ghosts update!This will make any kind of Multiplayer Replay Making, way more interesting and especially Co-Op Sparring will be a whole new and different thing now.
Thanks a lot <3
cant actually use it cuz i got some old pc issues but seems really interesting
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
Originally Posted by l0lix View Post
cant actually use it cuz i got some old pc issues but seems really interesting

Does the public 5.44 work? Can you describe what’s the issue you’re having, please?
Yo, as i see in bounty list, ToriBot adds bounty if win streak is high, how big should be win streak for this ? Does it work in all public servers ?
|~~Peeps under this post will have +1 to aikido skill~~|
I have the same problem it says for 5.44 Mscvp140.dll cant be found and in 5.41 it says "errorrun"dependenciesdir"
Adapt what is useful,Reject what is useless,And add what is specifically you're own.-Bruce Lee
Originally Posted by CharlJay View Post
I have the same problem it says for 5.44 Mscvp140.dll cant be found and in 5.41 it says "errorrun"dependenciesdir"

Found the issue with 5.44.1 installer, forgot to include some file in it.
Uploaded a new version of it, use the link from first post - it VC 2017 Redist should be getting downloaded correctly now and installer shouldn't throw any errors.

As for 5.44, it's the same issue with the missing vcredist, either use the new 5.44.1 installer to get it or download directly from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-c-downloads
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Does the public 5.44 work? Can you describe what’s the issue you’re having, please?

im having a really weird issue, actually i tried to install the vc package needed to play tb but it says an error "0x80240017", which ive searched some and it supposed to be fixed by installing the windows service pack 1, but i tried to install it and didn't worked, then ive checked and my pc actually has that package intalled but i cant install the vc package anyways, idk what to do rn so maybe ill still using 5.43 till i find a way to play
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
Pushed an update to beta branch on Steam (Windows/Linux only, no macOS build yet), will be public with the August update. Should also fix the issue with 3d items' ghosts getting raytraced.

Windows standalone installer will be updated closer to final release.
-----
Originally Posted by l0lix View Post
im having a really weird issue, actually i tried to install the vc package needed to play tb but it says an error "0x80240017", which ive searched some and it supposed to be fixed by installing the windows service pack 1, but i tried to install it and didn't worked, then ive checked and my pc actually has that package intalled but i cant install the vc package anyways, idk what to do rn so maybe ill still using 5.43 till i find a way to play

What's your Windows version?
Last edited by sir; Aug 5, 2020 at 07:48 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
What's your Windows version?

im in 32 bits windows 7 ultimate
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.