Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Noob needs very basic advice
I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do and how I do it. I can never win against the computer opponent under the fight school menu. What do you do to win? The tutorial doesn't tell you crap and the moves it teaches you are worthless against moving targets. I can kind of figure out how to flail around awkwardly, but not much else.

What is the general strategy for a match? Do you just try a series of movements and hope that the opponent doesn't do something to mess it up? Every time I try to use the tutorial moves or wiki moves, the CPU does something to mess it up, and I fall and lose. It seems like if the opponent hits you first, you don't have a chance.

TL; DR: The tutorials are extremely poor and don't explain the game well. I have no bleeding clue what I'm supposed to do.
Well, you can do 1 of 2 things:

1. You can beat your opponent by the score. This is pretty basic, just hit uke/a player as much and as hard as you can until you have more points then them. Kicking is a popular way to do this, as well as aiming for your opponents head.

2. You can disqualify(dq) them. This happens when any part of the body touches outside of the dojo(if there is one), or if anything besides your hands or feet touch the ground, if dq is on(you'll learn about that when making a server). This is done by grabbing uke(clicking the hands, NOT the wrists), then forcing uke to the ground, and making them dq. This way is harder then #1 for newer players, I believe.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

Different mods have different time frames, basically they will play more time in one turn. So for example Judo, the whole match is normally determined or heavily influenced by the players first move, whoever makes best contact will usually win.

However Taekkyon has much smaller time frames, meaning that each player can anticipate a move and have time to react and dodge/counter the other player.

The game is heavily effected by these settings, but most importantly practice, practice and practice some more, it's a very steep learning curve.
mcdojo, trust me, we have all been there.
Uke is rather insane to beat when your first starting out. tbh,i would just play online now, you will become much better there than vs uke.
However, if you are determined to beat him... some pointers...

- Pecks move your arms back and forward
-glutes move your legs out/in and rotate them in the same fashion
-you can grab by clicking your hands

Sorry if you already know all of this, but when i first played toribash, things like glutes made no sense to me atall :3
The fight vs. Uke is in aikido, so if i were you I would try and make him touch outside the ring.

GL!
practice in single player against uke. try to stay relaxed until you get the movement of each joint. and then try amaginning what you would do to kick someone.
Agreed with foamy, what i do when i play toribash, is IMAGINE what muscles/parts you use to give momentum and/or spin whatever else. Even act it out slowly and feel what pumps as you move. For example, punches (generally) revolve around using your pecs to move arms back and charge up some power, then releasing it all by reversing the actions, pushing your arms back the way it came. Rotate your chest in real life and notice what it does, it makes a difference. A large one.
as a side note, dont try to be symmetrical harder to dodge things and attack horizontally.
NO!! I DON'T WANT BREAD IN MY BREAD SO I CAN EAT BREAD WHILE EATING BREAD DAMNIT!