ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
What is your opinion on move memory? Like do you think it should be a thing?
I think move memory should be a thing but I also feel like it should be disabled in duel mode and such. Or even like there should be a limit of 2 moves for each mod.
Last edited by catana; Nov 29, 2020 at 09:40 PM. Reason: useless word *cough cough*
i only started using move memory until recently. but only cause i suck ass at boxshu and I'm tired of clicking the same buttons to do my openers (i have like 2, i improvised everything i ever did since i started playing this game). Tbh it should be disabled in a duel mode, but its really a player preference thing.
Ily <3
a movememory is mostly used to save openers, there's nothing wrong with that, i feel like you just made this thread for the lols and you have no real reason behind your hate towards the script
I think move memory should be enhanced and carried across even further, entire games saved. I want to be 300 frames into an abd match and still be in theory.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Yall didn't give any actual reasoning as to why it should be disabled during duels...
Why would it be??
Move memory generally sucks. Being predictable is bad. Not responding to your opponent's moves is bad.

Toribash wasn't like... intentionally designed to be hard to play. If we find ways of eliminating the chance of misclicks and the like, that's positive change. The only argument I can think of for wanting it to be disabled in duels is to make the game harder for those dueling, to make them "earn" those moves by clicking on all the joints and risking a misclick. I think that's ridiculous personally.

idk. maybe its better to try something new for once. I like to imagine that a duel is based off of you right there right now off the base game. Thats why games like Mk have a tournament mode where it takes away your created movesets and forces you to play entirely based on your characters base abilities. Tb is obviously different but the concept is relatively the same. Something along the lines of how your skill is Right Now
Ily <3
Memorizing openers isn't skill - it's exceptionally simple.
I think most all good players would agree on this.

If its that simple then there wouldn't be a problem removing it. if its for convenience then just remove it for duels. something competitive is meant to be a pain in the ass.

I never said it was skill. I was knocking the idea of openers in general. Don't be an ass
Ily <3
Yall didn't give any actual reasoning as to why it should be disabled during duels...
Why would it be??
Move memory generally sucks. Being predictable is bad. Not responding to your opponent's moves is bad.

Toribash wasn't like... intentionally designed to be hard to play. If we find ways of eliminating the chance of misclicks and the like, that's positive change. The only argument I can think of for wanting it to be disabled in duels is to make the game harder for those dueling, to make them "earn" those moves by clicking on all the joints and risking a misclick. I think that's ridiculous personally.

ik but like it just makes you faster one could spend hours making an opener just to use it in a duel.
I've never seen a benefit in using move memory. I've been fast enough to do my openers all the time, and I'm not even a top tier player. There's no harm in using it, but it is in no way necessary (or better) after the opener.

(im)

Originally Posted by Nine View Post
If its that simple then there wouldn't be a problem removing it. if its for convenience then just remove it for duels. something competitive is meant to be a pain in the ass.

I never said it was skill. I was knocking the idea of openers in general. Don't be an ass

im not sure if i get what ur saying. by "knocking the idea of openers", do u mean that duelers/competitive players should come up with "something new" on the spot more often, instead of resorting to tried and true openers? because, personally, i think thats pretty counterproductive, considering that players just wanna win in competitive games. openers are just part of the toribash meta

and, really, if u can use movememory to do The Same Lenshu Opener by simply tapping a key instead of clicking on balls for a minute to get the same fucking result, why not use it? what does it even change? its just convenience. no one should really be concerned about it because it doesn't affect gameplay all that much, at least if ur brown belt or higher. at the end of the day this kinda feels like an unspoken of, elitist ass rule

use it if u wanna, don't use it if u don't wanna. its good to have the option, regardless, and u shouldnt be forced to pick one or the other
-----
2021 and im typing paragraphs about a game that i dont play anymore
Last edited by Arctic; Dec 1, 2020 at 12:18 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???