Toribash
Original Post
BETTING - Please for God's sake auto-refund when no one else bets
Bookie needs to refund when no one else bets.
Betting is a LOT of fun, but its WAY more damn risky than a 50/50 because if no one else bets, then you either LOSE YOUR TC, OR GAIN ZERO TC.

So who wants to be the first one to bet if I say, you are guaranteed to either lose all your TC or gain Zero.......NO ONE.

People will start betting more if there is an auto refund from the Bookie if no one else places a bet.

hell, let the bookie keep 10% of total bets or something.

Original Post where I thought this was a glitch: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=416307
Tbh, where at the real world you get refunded if you bet? Betting is ALWAYS at your own risk.
As said by others, think twice before you bet, watch the room for a while to see how much and how often bets are set to get sure that the server is ok (not dead / no one betting) and THEN start betting.

And tbh, betting at a tourney room is even more risky, thats something betting servers are for
Check my Soundcloud ;)
.......my god does no one realize what thread this is in Suggestions!!! I suggest. Obviously in RL toribash it is not only risky but a guaranteed loss to bet on a non bet server.

I suggest we automate the refund when no one counter bets rule WHICH ALREADY EXISTS on all betting servers....

Only one person had one legit objection...hampa won't be able to sink tc
I do read the same arguments all the way; bet at your own risk and don't bother on the TC you'd have lost anyway. But in one thing I can understand DDDyyy. He calls a bet and have two risks; he could loose or he doesn't get his bet back. He might have lost it anyway but without a chance to win and in almost every other situation, especially in real life, he would at least get his pot/bet back.

The point is, that this could be a funny thing at overall with his idea of refund, but by now it's a full option in toribash multiplayer that only makes sence in bet servers (more or less because of the risk to throw the TC out of the window)

And now please don't tell me that he would have lost it anyway (: in my opinion this is kind of unfair
If you play poker with your friends and you are the first to rise, but all the other guys see their bad luck and go 'fault', throwing their cards down, than you get your rise back. It would be stupid if it would be otherwise.
Last edited by Aikanaro; Jul 17, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้