Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 5.4 beta 1 (Steam, Windows only)
The first public beta of Toribash 5.4 is now available on Steam for Windows. To get it, switch to beta branch.
All the updates are exclusive to new UI and are not applicable to vanilla interface.

What's new:
- Overhauled tutorials
- New atmospheres system
- New shaders menu
- New mod selection menu
- New settings screen
- Ingame quests
- MoveMemory
- New tooltip
- Chat word filter
- A lot of miscellaneous fixes

Quick rundown on new features:

• Tutorials
    These still require some replay switching and better wording, but gameplay-wise they're pretty much at their final state.
  • Atmospheres
    Current build only includes two simple atmos, more will be added in coming days. If you want to make atmospheres for 5.4, contact me on forum or discord.
  • Mods
    We've made a cleanup of default mods folder and removed rarely used, broken or duplicate mods. If you know a super cool playable mod that's worth the stock folder and is more complicated than aikido (has env objects), post suggestions here.
  • Quests
    Quests won't currently work in regular rooms, look for updates to this thread in coming days.

As usual, anyone who finds a new bug gets 10k.
Suggestions are welcome.
Some werid object glitches happen in game sometimes Such as this
Attached Thumbnails
Tori glitch 3.PNG  
When i start punching practice this happened:

Pic of this

When i click esc hud hide but only red button on right stay

Edit: This happened with all sections in tutorial and only alt+f4 close the game

Edit: Tutorial doesn't work for me at all
-----
Cannot open xspar
And when i play and save replay right hand window stuck on screen:

Pic

Last edited by Tim0n24; Dec 20, 2018 at 11:35 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
покушай котлет с котлетами
Originally Posted by Crollex View Post
Hey, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this or not nor do i know why it's like this,
but when i press the train with sensei it's just white screen, i go through the tutorial, but nothing is there but just the text, and i'm hearing hit sounds.
I thought maybe it doesn't load or something but i'm not experiencing any lag in general.

Screenshot

Can't replicate this, do you get this every time you run first tutorial?

Originally Posted by Charuzuu View Post
I found a bug, the second time I opened the menu, and the other times, well, the menu stopped working. Can't wait for my TC!

Was an old bug, though I think I fixed it now. Sending TC.

Originally Posted by whizkid14 View Post
I also found a bug Where the sensi will often have a uke skin (Which for me is full azurite) and the personal character had Some odd custom skins which arent mine

Fixed, sent TC.

Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Mod maker bugs found:
-Mod maker do not close;
-If you choose mod maker twice the game crash (choose it, it opens a scene with a green box, press esc and choose it again and the game crashes).

Fixed, sent TC.

Originally Posted by RevivedTie View Post
i cant open certain mods like xspar AND whenever i lower my settings my ghost becomes hella fast

Which mods exactly can't you load? What should I do to replicate that?
Ghost (as well as everything else) gets fast when you unlock frame cap. Not a bug.

Originally Posted by AWESOMEOS View Post
some sounds are delayed or repeated after viewing a replay for a while

Can't replicate it, any details?

Originally Posted by DaNewNinja View Post
Sometimes the movememory menu just won't close, and I didn't get anything after 500k points on the punching challenge, you can shift + space during it which I'm not sure if it was intended to be allowed there.

What exactly do you do to break movememory? Closes fine here no matter what I do.
Shift+space is allowed in that tutorial on purpose.

Originally Posted by RevivedTie View Post
also the replays play extremely fast in servers, not sure in saved replays tho

Check your replay speed, you most likely set it to something higher than 1.

Originally Posted by KrazyK9 View Post
I dont think sensei is supposed to make the backround all glitchy and nasty
when sensei starts walking the game freezes and then when i return i go to play a match and everything is flashing moving teleporting its wierd couldnt get a picture though

Please get record some footage, I don't understand what you mean.

Originally Posted by AWESOMEOS View Post
and when you try to free look in punching tutorial, the camera goes back to its original position

Done on purpose.

Originally Posted by KrazyK9 View Post
also after doing training with uke and lets say u were hovering over ur wrist and u win
the icon for right hand will stay there forever even after u leave the match ;-;

Fixed, sent TC.

When u close the game selected atmospheres and Dont save
For me i had the bubbles atmosphere and when i close the game and reopen it doesnt stay selected
I also have a custom shader that is a variation of the Dark shader but only the dark shader loads when i reopen the game

Added last shader auto-load on game startup.
Is the custom shader that you used saved to a file?

Originally Posted by ShrekGod View Post
When i was AFK, suddenly a weird ''banned word'' message appeared, i don't think you set this one to a private message when someone swears haha

Fixed, sent TC.

The new built in move memory is very temperamental in game as it barely ever works and i need to restart to get it to work and sometimes that doesn't work
-----
When i click the challenge Uke option it keeps me in my game but displays the tutorial message as if im in the tutorial
-----
It loaded me into the tutorial after a game reset and now my tori is the Uke and there is another custom tori as mine That is not my own

Define "move memory is very temperamental". Do you have it enabled in settings? What exactly doesn't work, how can I replicate it?
Fixed challenge Uke tutorial, sent TC.

Originally Posted by NathuBR View Post
Uke does a choke noise every time in the punching tutorial. Really boring. I think it's because his head is the punch bag. In the MoveMemory tutorial, the playerpos is always wrong and Uke dqs.

Fixed, sent TC.
-----
Originally Posted by Tim0n24 View Post
When i start punching practice this happened:

Pic of this

When i click esc hud hide but only red button on right stay

Edit: This happened with all sections in tutorial and only alt+f4 close the game

Edit: Tutorial doesn't work for me at all
-----
Cannot open xspar
And when i play and save replay right hand window stuck on screen:

Pic

Fixed tutorial bug, fixed tooltip. Can't replicate xspar issue.
Last edited by sir; Dec 20, 2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Can't replicate this, do you get this every time you run first tutorial?

Yes.
▋▋▋▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▋▋▋
[SIGPIC]https://i.imgur.com/JJvmOHS.gif[/SIGPIC]
▋▋▋▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▋▋▋
Bug Report
There is a bug in the move memory tutorial the move memory menu doesn't show up, and the button has been registered (making the menu button not usable) making the tutorial impossible to complete.

-----
never mind this always happens
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot (7).jpg   Screenshot (8).jpg  
Last edited by Johnyblock; Dec 20, 2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Any way to turn off the joint's state showing? When hovering over a joint, a red square appears, and cover the vision of my tori. If not, that's my suggestion
Bug Report!
For some reason some time when you change the setting too quickly it can crash (and the first time i played the beta, the menu didn't load unallowing me to do anything)
Define "move memory is very temperamental". Do you have it enabled in settings? What exactly doesn't work, how can I replicate it?

I have i enabled since it works sometimes Temperamental Means it is erractic in the way it Wants to work Im not too sure how u could replicate it since it appears to be on my end