Toribash
Original Post
Fire
I think that we should have fire in this game.
This might of been suggested before but just deal with it.
I am also a developer and I know how it would affect gameplay.
It would be cool if it could like slowly rot away the body part and make the other gain points or something.
The fire could be very lose graphics wise to help performance.

lets do it!
I completely agree, maybe there should be multiple colors of fire, and even different shapes and sizes, possibly even a flame forger implemented into the game where individual players can make their own fire (costing tc, duh).

~Supported 100%
This is a great idea. Maybe we could add textures to them too.

I support this 100%
NOODLE ARMS
This seems like something that should entirely be aesthetic and have no real purpose. I can't find a way to make something as dynamic as Toribash's joint based system react to be set on fire. It'd have to be able to ignite each joint individually, instead of the entire tori being set on fire regardless of what joint touched the fire. Seems implausible unless it's fleshed out.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
maybe players could also sell their "flames" to others in exchange for tc.
supported.
...or you could just make an instagib cube and pretend it's fire

Last edited by RAAAGE; Jun 19, 2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: :)
I like the idea of aesthetic fire, but it just wouldn't work.
Like both the 3/4 player idea, and the water idea, the engine wouldn't handle it the way it handles current flames. You guys should think of more realistic ideas. By realistic, I of course mean things that can actually be implemented soon.
Cheers.
-----
Originally Posted by socraties View Post
I completely agree, maybe there should be multiple colors of fire, and even different shapes and sizes, possibly even a flame forger implemented into the game where individual players can make their own fire (costing tc, duh).

~Supported 100%

Originally Posted by LagSwitch View Post
This is a great idea. Maybe we could add textures to them too.

I support this 100%

Originally Posted by r00bi View Post
maybe players could also sell their "flames" to others in exchange for tc.
supported.

So the current flames that already exist?
Last edited by EJXIII; Jun 20, 2015 at 01:45 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
Adding fire would look cool although the part about rotting away body parts is strange. Maybe just cause bruising. This idea could actually work. Maybe like inflicts a certain amount of points for a certain amount of time after touching a fire. Or maybe you can set objects on fire and throw them at each other.
I am dead
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Adding fire would look cool although the part about rotting away body parts is strange. Maybe just cause bruising. This idea could actually work. Maybe like inflicts a certain amount of points for a certain amount of time after touching a fire. Or maybe you can set objects on fire and throw them at each other.

>Like I said, the engine wouldn't be able to handle movement of such + damage in a fire. Like water and the such.
#At the same time, I agree, it'd be pretty dope.
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris