Last edited by F22Pilot; Feb 17, 2014 at 01:57 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by F22Pilot View Post
Make an auto fighter for multiplayer so i can fight when im afk
-----
Do Auto fighter

i think that would be illegal
alright guy
not sure if exists but :
first word and after a period or double space capitalizing?
INB4 14 days ban
I would suggest an advanced version of this

If you extend this, you can create a better Fighting School, an Uke that plays like a real player, not just one that does an opener and stops changing joints then.
Like an AI. In Lua. Epic.
Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
first word and after a period or double space capitalizing?

Sorry, but you neither can edit the text that's typed nor send chat messages with scipts.

Originally Posted by Zockinator View Post
Like an AI. In Lua. Epic.

This has been suggested way too often already. The most obvious problem is that AIs can be turned into multiplayer bots very easily. That is reason enough not to publish one.
Last edited by psycore; Mar 15, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Signature temporarily out of order.
Would it be possible to make a new betting script that didn't rely on bets being made during fights?

So there could be an extra period of say 30 seconds before a fight where bets can be placed.

Also tied in with this, a way to make people under a certain Qi be specced while people with higher Qi can fight. This way you can have a bet server where everyone can join and bet, but only higher belt players can fight.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

Originally Posted by ClockworkMonkey View Post
Would it be possible to make a new betting script that didn't rely on bets being made during fights?

What?

So there could be an extra period of say 30 seconds before a fight where bets can be placed.

Uh, /autobet exists... or, pause a match and let players bet.

Also tied in with this, a way to make people under a certain Qi be specced while people with higher Qi can fight. This way you can have a bet server where everyone can join and bet, but only higher belt players can fight.

The only way I would see it being done is force-speccing anyone under that belt, but that's goofy. Why would you want to do that?
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
I don't want some backwards hack version of it, you can't expect people to be pausing and unpausing, people begging to pause for longer etc etc etc needs to be automatic, obviously. I thought I was being fairly clear, but you don't really seem to understand what I'm talking about or my problem with the current betting system.

(I don't know what auto-bet is, but if that's just something that always bets a certain amount of tc per match, that's totally irrelevant.)

It needs to work like this.

A round has just ended, a new round is starting.

A message comes up saying "Betting open" or something. A timer is showing the time left to bet before the match starts. At the end of say 1-2 minutes, betting closes. Now the fight starts and plays out as normal.

The current bet system is unfair and simply doesn't make sense. To be able to bet mid way through a match puts anyone who bets at the start of the fight at a huge disadvantage. Sure everyone could wait until mid way through the match, but that's fucking stupid.

The reason for the belt thing is I think it'd be good to have bet servers where only high Qi players can fight, but everyone can watch and bet. More like a spectator sport (unless you have higher Qi). It also gives people with lower Qi something else to aim for, which is always good. It also keeps the consistency of the fights up, so you're not going to have rounds where nobody bets because one guy is a total random.

I'm not really looking for opinions on it anyway, I just want someone to make it. I can pay like 25k or something.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

A round has just ended, a new round is starting.

A message comes up saying "Betting open" or something. A timer is showing the time left to bet before the match starts. At the end of say 1-2 minutes, betting closes. Now the fight starts and plays out as normal.

There are a couple of problems with that:

1. In order for everyone to see a (graphical) timer, everyone in the room has to run the script. This could kinda be solved with /cp. However, that text only stays for roughly 3 - 5 seconds and spamming /cp gets you flood kicked (even if you're the room owner). If the script sends /cp every 5 seconds, you won't get kicked but the text will sometimes disappear for 1 or 2 seconds.

2. Battles need to be stopped until the countdown is finished. This gets a little tricky. The only way I see how this can be enforced is to force spec tori and uke whenever a new game starts. This will screw up the room que but the script can keep track of that. The other players just won't see the correct queue.

TL; DR: The only practical way I see this will work is:
1. Force spec tori and uke everytime a game starts
2. Every five seconds run something like "/cp Next up: PlayerA vs. PlayerB - 0:42"

Checking the player belt is no problem.

If you have no problem with that, I'll write it.
Signature temporarily out of order.