Ranking
Original Post
Should drugs be legalised?
A couple of days ago, British rock legen Mick Jagger called for Drugs to be legalised on the Isle of Man off the coast of England, to "see what happens". (See full story here). He said that drugs should eventually be legalised across the UK and in the US.

This got me thinking about the positive and negative affects of legalising formerly illegal drugs. Apart from the obvious moral and health issues attached, there is also the fact that governments have spent huge amounts of money tackling the drug problem, and are therefore very reluctent to reverse all the progress made. However, there are also many apparent positive affects that legalisation can bring on a country, such as supposedly lower drug-related crime rates and less violent crime in general.

My opinion on this is pretty neutral, as I can see both sides of the arguement are valid. What are your opinions guys? Discuss below...
Quit, probably.
I think they should!
its everyone's choice to use them or not.
@ The two first responses, please provide more than a yes or no answer. This isn't rapid threads. If you put some reasoning behind your opinion, it makes for a better read. Thanks.

It'd be nice to see some level of decriminalization going on, I agree that a lot of the money spent fighting drug trafficking would be better spent elsewhere. In the US, at least, there's going to be a vote in California to legalize marijuana. This isn't likely to be the kind of issue that changes the law all at once, but hopefully if that passes it'll serve as an encouraging example to other states.

I'm interested to hear if anybody would like to see other drugs legalized, dangerous or not.
[Inq]
Need help with anything? Have a question? PM me! I'll try my best to help you.
I believe drugs should not be legalised, even though the sensation you get from doing them is great it can lead to many problems and acts of violence and the probability of some other diseases would increase aswell.
Marijuana I'm ok with, but extremely physically addictive things like heroin should definitely remain illegal. Too many stupid people will decide to try it once it's legal, and won't have the will to resist it's influence as their life goes down the shitter. On their way down the grave, they will suck the money off their relatives and eventually steal/kill in order to get their fix.
Originally Posted by Malvie View Post
Hell yeah.

hell no because in my thoughts i think crimes and more murders will happen if drugs get legalised, also kids might think that since drugs are legal (if they do get legal) they might use them in school or at home.
No. The rules are put in place to protect the people who will use and abuse substances.

Ideally there shouldn't be a need for these rules, but they are there for the people without an established sense of morality (Kohlberg).

Discussion of drugs is not allowed on this forum. Please read the rules in the future.