Ranking
Original Post
Lighting/Glow Body Parts

Hello community,

I've been thinking this idea for a few weeks ago and as I've seen no one has said it on a thread. Consist about some body parts glow, for example the fists, feet and maybe inside the textures too.

Details:

Body Parts
The effect may not be like an object or a flame, needs to be attached on the body part, like the textures (but isn't that at all). It's like the inside of tori glows and as its a light, must illuminate the place and the near objects or the opponent. I honestly don't know much how this can be created but I did an illustration of this.

Demo

Lighting on textures
The way this might be possible is to make an special requirement inside the art of the texture. Maybe a pattern or a specific color can be use it to activate the glow in-game.

Demo

Settings:

Intensity
The intensity of the glow shouldn't be changed by users,because if it's able to change it, someone can set the intensity too high and will annoying and may lag. So it would be better and easy if its set to one level for default.

Colors
To change the color can be on the forum's options where you can select them. Each glow might be with a different color.

So this was the idea so far. I'm pretty sure you guys may have some good ideas for this.Thanks for read it, hope you like it.
Last edited by Jodus; Dec 3, 2017 at 10:11 PM.
First and foremost, Supported. It would be quite an interesting idea to have glowing body parts, and to prevent people spamming it, have set illuminations, let it be pricey, and so on. It could work like the Flame Forge, and so on. Hopefully this goes far.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Kirakat View Post
That could be highly abused though. I could make a Highly glow skin so You wouldn't be able to tell where my tori was.... It'd just be alotta light coming off the tori.

It's not impossible to put a limit on how much glow there could be.
Also, there could be a option in the settings to disable glow.

Also, i'm supporting this idea, it's pretty cool!
Last edited by topdoge; Jan 18, 2015 at 05:05 AM. Reason: forgot to put supporting
It would be cool to see it when textures are transparent instead you can add a glow effect.
Perfect idea! With all the colors like Pure glow , velvet glow, void glow etc. etc. you know what i mean.

Still, should be used in shaders idk if computers handle it good. (Dont hate me i dont know much about that stuff just thinking) Like if they cant handle it just make it a normal color in non shaders and in shaders/raytrace it glows.

9001% supported!
Originally Posted by TheCobra View Post
Like if they cant handle it just make it a normal color in non shaders and in shaders/raytrace it glows.

Perhaps without shaders it would show a circle of light (kinda like lens flare or the thing you can do with flames where they just make a circle around a body part) around the joint when the light is facing you (if the texture only glowed on one side you would not see the flare unless you could see that part of the texture).
Good morning sweet princess
Bumping this thread because it's a good suggestion.
Wouldn't the glow just have an intensity slider from 0 brightness - 100?
Um, I don't know if this has gone far enough to be considered in a future so, I'll bump this thread to keep it visible :>

Augans: that might be possible and cool. But the maximum brightness shouldn't be too high.
i really like this idea. and like what a good few people had said this will make spars and i guess some parkours look really good. but on the colors i believe you should have to buy the colors in the market. like the hair colors. but yeah this looks really cool and unique.

[supported]
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 4, 2015 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Please don't bother with colours
Also, like for robot sets that would be perfect.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Kill them with kindness and bury them with a smile"
God ABD player and masterful Daycare.tbm connoisseur
Very cool, plus, it'd be cool if you could have multiple at once, but that might cause problems.

~[Supported]
Originally Posted by Jodus View Post
Um, I don't know if this has gone far enough to be considered in a future so, I'll bump this thread to keep it visible :>

Augans: that might be possible and cool. But the maximum brightness shouldn't be too high.

Thanks for that, I wouldn't have noticed this otherwise.

Awesome idea. It would be like a flame, but better. Speaking of flames... Wouldn't it make sense that if they create glowing bodies, couldn't the same code be used to illuminate flames? Double whammy. Or would the glow be glow-item specific?

I see this as something similar to trails in that you can buy specific colours for specific joints. Maybe there could be default glows, and then a "custom glow" item that you can change.

I imagine this as a "bumpmap" esque thing as far as textures are concerned. Like, maybe I have full 512 and for an extra 50k or whatever per texture I can section off parts that glow. Also, would there be any semi transparency? Or is everything either covered or glowing. A grey area maybe? I know 50k is steep, but they'll only have this item for the richest players (I can imagine). They're not just going to say 10k is default for a glow colour which is a bit of a shame, but it makes them rarer and more interesting.

Is there a custom editor that has like the option to switch colours, or flash like a strobe light? Annoying, I know, but I could see the customization menu as like the flame forge. Ex. Every 4seconds, the glow transitions to it's next colour and so on, with an extra 15k per colour or whatever.

Those pics look FANTASTIC by the way. I will be showing this thread to my skype group/clan mates.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays