Ranking
Original Post
Regarding Elo, dueling, etc
Hello, i was really wondering if there was a chance to even bring back the old elo ranking system since now it seems far easy to farm for the elo, if you would just look at ezalor he is a reason why farming exists and even though he has been banned multiple times he still continues doing so, when it comes to dueling i was one day dueling shmevin and i spectated before the frame 1 even started and that wouldn't even take out your elo but if you had spectated after the second frame or etc, you would lose elo and could easily tell the score since they spectated, since when i spectated before frame one he admittingly said the score was 2-0 when i had spectated before frame one. anyways, this ranking system we have now is really not benefiting anyone other than the people who just farm for rank 1 winnings or earnings or what ever they are.
If you think people want DUELS to determine how good you are, you can fuck off. You can fuck off so hard. What you are basicly asking for is: "I can have rank one, but only after I take a lot of items and TC from noobs who don't know what an Alt is, or risk all my own items and TC for that sweet rank 1."

Rank one should be played for. Not farmed. Not risked. Played.

Back in the original topic, the new ranking system has made me less intrested in the game and for its own good needs to be changed. The only reason I still play is because first, I'm part of a clan, and I enjoy the occasional war, second, bet servers are fun to hang around in, and third because my laptop is shit and TB is about the only thing that runs on it now that FTL has decided it doesn't want to run modded anymore.

I agree with moop: Hampa, either let the game die, or give it to someone who will do regular updates and matinence with a devoted and possibly paid team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
Congratz moop u caught up finally, only been saying it for 4 years.

About the idea, it probably should happen untill the current one is fixed ( which will never happen). The old rank system was terrible but the mod rank aspect to it was half decent at least, i think it would be better than the one we have now.

I know you've been saying it for ages, so have I. We've had this conversation like a million times yet you still always forget and assume I like the current system. Stay off the drugs they're no good for your memory

Fates: yeh, obviously duels shouldn't be what determines rank, I don't think anyone really needs to explain why
Last edited by Moop; Jan 8, 2017 at 02:05 AM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
nobody is saying that duels should be determining what rank should be, i am saying that it should be implemented for when you duel again, because lets say after frame one someone spectates and you can easily tell they did so because the elo said that they spectated and their elo gets reduced, while now you have to take a screenshot and hope staff believe it,
Stop awarding ELO in ranked rooms. When a player artificially chooses his opponents, he artificially creates BS ELO.

Only award ELO in matchmaking.

Make matchmaking random among a pool of mods that are actually competitive.

Only match people within sensible ELO difference.

Make seasons longer than a month.

Make an end of season tournament with the top 10 ranked players with a real prize.

Make all matchmaking award ELO in BO5, not individual games

Ban anyone under brown belt from competing

This is one it like 3 things I agree with Fist on
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Almost everyone wants the old ranking system back. Why don't you guys change it back already?

Old ranking system made the game fun. New one doesn't. Old one brought a challege to people. New one doesnt. New system "recommends us to farm" to get the tc prize. Old system does have farming, but it isn't lIke crazy and hectic as new system. Old system doesnt hand out tc and destroy economy. New system hands out tc and it destroys economy. Old system doesn't reset your hard work. New system resets every month, so your playing for nothing unless your 1st. Old system clearly displays the skills of players since good people usually have high elo while bad players have low elo. New system shows us random skill at random ranks. Old system brought more people to the game. New system kicked some old cool peeps out of the game. Old system is more liked. New system is not.

And yet, we are talking about how to sink tc. When the game is adding a ton every month.

Then why isn't the old system brought back?

Are you really trying to say that the old system had less farming? You are completely miremembering. Everyone in the top 10 farmed their way there - most of them illegally rather than noob-bashing. I'm also surprised you think the old system in any way displays skill more than the new one. In the old system you could play 1000 matches against a whitebelt in torisex.tbm or some other asymmetric mod in a private server with maxclients 2 and get to the top that way. At least now you can only do it in certain mods in certain servers where all other players can see who you're ranking up against.

Honestly, most of this statement is completely garbage Dare. You either made it up or have false memories. I do agree, however, that the tc prize for rank 1 is and always was a dumb decision.

If we want any chance of toribash attracting (and keeping) more players in the future, a way to keep them there is to have a ranking system that actually means something and can give players something to realistically aim for without cheating, as opposed to a farming competition which gets boring for everyone very quickly. An accurate ranking system would really help improve toribash's longevity, but hilariously the game's developer and owner is the person preventing this from happening.

(Also worth noting that without a much larger userbase, it will always be difficult for a matchmaking system to work properly. However in a game like this, matchmaking is the only way to have global ranks that mean anything whatsoever)
Last edited by Moop; Jan 8, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
it's clearly obvious that either way the users who had farmed their way to the top were banned just like with the same system now but back then there was really no point in caring for it, but now there is since ezalor has been banned multiple times for farming and what is he farming for? rank 1 winnings tc and continued to get the tc for farming and all that was done was a simple slap ban and nothing was done, everyone just continued to farm while he wasn't there to farm even harder than they could. 1kk per month just to be rank 1 even when you're shit is no fun and just adds more tc to the economy for no reason when there's nothing you could even do with the tc other than just sell it for usd.
Pretty sure that if you are caught farming you should instantly he disqualified from obtaining the rank 1 prize that as well as a ban... But then again you could just use an alt, and we are back at square one. It just something about this game that is unlike others in where you can farm so easily at any moment and use an unlimited amount of alts to do so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Stop awarding ELO in ranked rooms. When a player artificially chooses his opponents, he artificially creates BS ELO.

Only match people within sensible ELO difference.

Make seasons longer than a month.

Make an end of season tournament with the top 10 ranked players with a real prize.

Make all matchmaking award ELO in BO5, not individual games

Ban anyone under brown belt from competing

This is one it like 3 things I agree with Fist on

"

Only match people within sensible ELO difference."

If im not wrong, this was the original idea with MM, but hampa launched MM before a propper transition was ready.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3