Toribash
Original Post
Power of Joints
So yeah, since i've been playing tb for a few years i've noticed that tori's are pretty unrealisticly powerful (the way they can extend knees and push off the ground purely off of that thrust). So i thought it'd be cool to add an option for changing the power of joints, like you could add it to the mod options (for example, playground fighting, change the power to 10%).
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
As to my knowledge there is no script, lua or whathaveyou, that does what he asked for: Changable joint "strength" on the go. A simple set on a individual joints strength in the middle of a spar can't be changed as of now, and if I not missread his post twice, that is what he's asking for. (ie, jointstates for 1%, 2% 3% ... 100% joint strength on hold, contract and extend, where 0% is equal to relax in all 3 modes.)

Hard to say, the OP is pretty vague, and sort of agreed vaguely to someone suggesting variable strength mid turn. Could be either. I decided to take it literally since it asked about being able to dump the strength of joints down to 10% in a mod.

Following the OP literally then yeah it's possible to lock it down to a specific strength & velocity in a mod. Both can be changed individually on every joint (along with a bunch of other things that adjust how hard a tori hits), and in theory you could make a mod that would require a ridiculously flamboyant move to score a DM even with a low threshold.

However as I stated, it's not something that can be changed on the fly, and is beyond LUA, well for multiplayer at least.

If the latter is indeed what the OP was suggesting, and TBH it seem that's what people are jumping to support then we'd be looking at a potentially game-breaking engine change. But eh, if people can think up a way of making it work then maybe adjustable strength could happen on the PC.

We did sorta have that on the Wii; joints could be "boosted" to increase it's power. For those who haven't played it, think along the lines of having 2 stages of joint speed. Normal speed + lol speed, however TB Wii had a different physics engine so how it would turn out on PC is a whole other story.

That would probably be the way it would end up going since it's been done before. *shrug* Carry on.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you