ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Country Flags
Yeah, before you begin your never stopping trolling and flaming, I've seen all the threads related to the subject.

I'm not comfortable and I don't want anyone to know where I live. Besides, the flag that's next to my name is the flag of the country I live in, NOT the flag of where I'm from. I don't want people to know neither where I live or where I'm from. What should I do?
There's no way to remove the flag (to my knowledge)

Just because it shows what country you're from doesn't mean that people can find your location. I live in the United States but no one knows my exact location.\

Using a proxy can remove it however It's not a great move because your connection will be slower.
Ah space .
My speed only reduced like 10 kbps.

Good proxy offer minimum speed degradation (or whatever the word)
:D
^ It does vary from connection to connection. With a person like me who has semi slow internet a proxy wouldn't work too well. There are multiple things you have to consider such as what proxy you use and how it'll effect you.

Otherwise yes you could use a proxy.
So say your flag was Australian, you don't want to see people looking at your flag because people know you live in Australia.
Mind = Blown

There are many places in Australia and they are within 7 states of the whole island, and
if you are living somewhere, like in an underground base, and you ask to take your flag
down because you do, then you would be either very scared, encountered online racism
or simply because... I don't know what to say.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nothing here helps much actually. I'm not a computer expert and I don't know anything about proxies. Besides, my country blocks those kinds of sites, so I have to use hotspot shield and these kinds of programs for these sites to work. Except, proxies (as you clearly stated) will slow down my PC, and those VPNs will slow it down even more. You're saying I should activate a VPN and spend 3 months understanding proxies so I get to hide a flag in an extremely slow unplayable game? I only spend a little time in TB, why should I go through all this to hide a flag?

I don't care what you think. Yes, I'm scared. Problems? I don't want anyone to know where I live and where I'm from. This is personal information, and I don't want anyone to know anything about my personal information. What is wrong with that? soresville, I don't have any idea about the online racism you're talking about. This has nothing to do with the subject and I'll appreciate it very much if you not talk about this kinds of stuff.

It's not fair. There should be an option to hide these flags. I'm not enjoying the game like this... What is the problem in that? :/
If you're really scared about people knowing what country you're from I strongly suggest asking an admin such as ishi or Erth about it. They can probably do something about this problem.

Also if there's ANY racism on the servers you should screen cap it and report it to a forum moderator or admin. Racism on the forums/in-game is strictly prohibited and there's 0 tolerance for it.
Originally Posted by Venk View Post
soresville

what are you, 3?
simply go around and make fun of names who try to help you?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm closing this before it gets out of hand. Anyway, I think Space/Sean had the best answer so I'd consider this solved anyway.

~Closed
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.