Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 5.5 alpha - Steam, Windows only
Hi, a preview build of 5.5 is now available on Steam for Windows.

What's new:
  • Ghost length and speed
    • Allows you to change ghost simulation length / speed
    • Use /set ghostlength and /set ghostspeed or set the values through gamerules menu (would also need to set ghostcustom to 1 if set through gamerules)

• Ball joint grabs and breakable grabs
    • /set grabmode 1 to get new grabs
    • /set tearthreshold [value] to enable breakable grabs (only with grabmode 1)

• Miscellaneous
    • /forgetme | /fm will no longer automatically log you out and only make the game forget your login data on next game launch
      If you want to keep your account remembered without logging in again, use /rm

To get the preview build, switch to alpha branch in Toribash properties on Steam (Betas tab should look like this: https://puu.sh/GrCJ1/a9588495d5.png)
This build is likely slightly buggy and may crash, if you get your client acting abnormally please let me know here.

UPD: found the reason ghost speed wasn't working, pushed a fix (buildID 5532342)
Last edited by sir; Sep 11, 2020 at 05:46 PM.
when playing on public servers there's times my ghost will glitch and show my hand "break its grab" then it will be fine after the next turn. this has happened multiple times so far so thought id say something.c:

also for singleplayer my game crashes the frame after i grab uke with the new grab mode on

keep it up, always fun to get new things
Originally Posted by kouta View Post
when playing on public servers there's times my ghost will glitch and show my hand "break its grab" then it will be fine after the next turn. this has happened multiple times so far so thought id say something.c:

also for singleplayer my game crashes the frame after i grab uke with the new grab mode on

keep it up, always fun to get new things

same here for singleplayer, looking forward to these new features
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDD
Pushed an update that should fix crashing and incorrect ghost display with default ghosts, version should say 5.5.200916
now im crashing the frame of the grab in sp, also for multiplayer when trying to set grab breakers on priv servers it says none->none and wont allow me to change it.
Do you get a crash dump generated in your game folder? Can you please upload it here if so?

New grabs and ghost settings won't work in multiplayer yet, it needs a server update first - I'll build a test server later when I make sure physics no longer cause issues for client
Breakable Ball axis grabs!Ive been waiting for ages!

Finally! Epic thanks!
This is pure awesomness!
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15