ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
ChatGPT
I wanted to start a discussion here on the forum to hear your thoughts and opinions about ChatGPT, an advanced language model developed by OpenAI. ChatGPT is designed to engage in conversational interactions and provide helpful responses.

Here are a few questions to get the conversation rolling:

Have you had any experiences interacting with ChatGPT or similar AI chatbots?
What are your general impressions of ChatGPT's abilities and limitations?
In what situations do you find AI chatbots like ChatGPT most useful?
How do you envision the future of AI chatbots, and what potential applications can you imagine?

On a more serious note, it's a pretty useful tool when you know what you're going for. I've been using it from time to time to help me write some code in past months. If you remember the snowfall thing that we had on forums for Christmas, that was also 90% written by ChatGPT.
Main issue with these bots though is that they'd be sometimes telling you absolute bullshit which you'd never be able to tell from the actually true info - unless you already kinda knew what it should've answered.

So far Bing's bot has been way more fun to mess around with and ChatGPT has been more useful when it comes to more technical stuff.
If you keep saying "ooga booga" to Bing it'd eventually just tell you to piss off and lock you out but ChatGPT will just stay boring and keep saying that it doesn't understand

yes I waste Microsoft's money on telling their bots "ooga booga"
The rate of iterations is pretty impressive. I want to see them in humanoid robots. Would love an Atlas or Teslabot like that.

I've seen people saying it will replace programmers but apparently programmers call bullshit so dunno.
NO TITLE
I'm studying webdev at the moment, and I can safely say that at its current state its not going to replace programmers.As sir says, it can speed up the programming for sure, but you kind of have to babysit it to get what you want, and sometimes it just won't be able to deliver what you want so you have to make it yourself. Its a handy tool, but nothing more.

Even if chatGPT was improved the customers/businesses would just demand more custom and personalized software and websites to do their work more efficiently,so the job of the developer would shift, but developers will still be an important connection between the customer and the project for many many years to come.
as it stands probably just good for prompts to inspire / overcome writer's block or you can use it like google for hipsters
Glimpsed
i just try to force chatgpt into an existential crisis whenever i talk to it, stuff about philosophy and how it views the world n deeper shit, one time during a convo i had with it about self awareness it judged its own selfawareness to about 20% of what a humans selfawareness is, im pretty sure thats just some predictive bs it spat out but its pretty neat if its true. lately though i keep hitting its firewalls or whatever and ends the convo ;c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
from my experience, it is really helpful when it comes to any sort of ideas, for example "I develop a game, I need some ideas on how to monetize it, how to build a community etc. ", it could help you with writing an essay, article, anything like those, but you need to know how to use it and be as much specific as you can. but when it comes to prompts like these : "tell me the main characters of a "enter any movie name" movie", "can you explain to me what is romanticism and who were the pioneers of this movement?", you know something that is needed to be verified, chatgpt can fuck it up and pretty much give you a total bullshit, that differs from the reality.

this thing is not perfect, but it totally could help you in some type of way, if you know when to and how to use it.
Chat gpt gives you lines of code and understand questions better than google. If you know what you’re asking for, you can get code/scripts for just about anything
-----
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
i just try to force chatgpt into an existential crisis whenever i talk to it, stuff about philosophy and how it views the world n deeper shit, one time during a convo i had with it about self awareness it judged its own selfawareness to about 20% of what a humans selfawareness is, im pretty sure thats just some predictive bs it spat out but its pretty neat if its true. lately though i keep hitting its firewalls or whatever and ends the convo ;c

Yes, Chatgpt isnt actually reasoning with anything. It uses popular web article data and popular opinion based on media to come up with conclusions in philosophical debates. Much more worth it to ask for information instead of holding a conversation like it has its own brain
Last edited by Link; May 17, 2023 at 08:17 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I never used it before but when I think about the concept of it i think it lacks originality, but it may be useful for people developing dementia. I want to see if the developers will make it more practical like functioning in 3D and be able to use Photoshop.

A PhD at my university mentioned that it can be used to make scientific articles which might be bad for copyright.
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
more people should just say ooga booga to ai so it starts only saying ooga booga back and world peace is established
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify