Ranking
Original Post
[SMOD] Punch-Out!!

You don't have to fight Mike Tyson.

Objective
Make a replay of you and Uke sparring.
This sparring match won't be an ordinary one, what you have to do is mimic a real life prizefighting match.
That means you can't kick, you can only punch. Avoid touching the floor with anything else than your feet, that counts as a knockout.
Gravity setting 0 0 -30 must be used for this.

The most action rich and realistic replay wins.

Rules
Allowed:
- On the case of knockouts, you may touch the ground for extra drama. -
Not allowed:
- Kicking -
- Using mods -
Recommended:
- Not flipping around, try to be balanced -
- Try to avoid spinning, too -
- Checking out boxing videos -

FAQ
Q: Does the replay have to be created specifically for this event? Or can it be an old one?
A: We'd like it very much if it was specificially just for this event. Ya know, that shows determination!

Q: I can't do this!
A: True, it is not easy to do a good replay, but this wouldn't be a competitive event if there wasn't any challenge, am I right? Just keep tryin' ye basterd!

Prizes
Flame: Foot Flamies
Flame number 2583 and 2584. You can choose for which foot you want the flame.
Picture
First place prize only!

You have 3 weeks to create your replays. Judging starts in 2013.10.5.

Last edited by Tonakai; Apr 22, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
What if it was a stylish jump spin to punch? Still get points knocked down? I mean it's creative
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Entering and reserving post for doing this thing, what is the time-limit?
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Well, I think this is not possible in Toribash. Mostly, because on punching your legs will rotate and it's real hard to get them back to the position.

How about you use some special mod for this with a bit bigger feet or something? I mean, I'm really sure it's not likely to make a good boxing like this. I mean, probably harder than anything has been done before.

P.s. you didn't mention a deadline. Is there any?
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Apr 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Originally Posted by Beta View Post
What if it was a stylish jump spin to punch? Still get points knocked down? I mean it's creative

If it's some kind of epic finisher move... Who knows?
We want DRAMA! MANLYNESS! FISTCUFFS!

(It's not like "spinning" is banned, or anything!)

Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
Well, I think this is not possible in Toribash. Mostly, because on punching your legs will rotate and it's real hard to get them back to the position.

How about you use some special mod for this with a bit bigger feet or something? I mean, I'm really sure it's not likely to make a good boxing like this. I mean, probably harder than anything has been done before.

It's possible. Hard, yes, but doable.
Alas I don't have that example replay I made when this event was originally planned. (Which was three years ago...)

You can compensate against "rotating" with footwork and "swaying" / fainting.

It's supposed to be challenging, hey! And if the task seems too hard in comparison to the prize, we might one up that. :P

Also, added the ending date.
Last edited by Dargon; Apr 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post

It is quite possible, and it has been done countless times before, even in multiplayer.

On punching, your legs won't necessarily rotate.
They will rotate if:
-You don't have a proper stance that allows your feet to generate enough friction to keep you in place;
-You exaggerate on the torque you create by a lack of relaxing your torso+pecs after you rotated them for enough frames.

That's what you need to learn to make a good boxing replay like this.

If you want references I'd recommend Largekilla's replay thread since I remember seeing quite a few of his replays with multiple punching combos while maintaining a fixed position (for more references look for example through some of Swexx's stuff).

I admit that this is surely a difficult event for a few replay-makers and specially for beginners, but anyone familiar with realistic replay-making can easily make a proper entry.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
I wont participate, but just some multiplayer exemples to show punching (and punch combo) is possible. These spars wasn't about only punching at all, so of course there are other kind of moves, but punching is really possible as you can see in.
Attached Files
mocu steroids2.rpl (786.0 KB, 47 views)
mocu begotten spar walk.rpl (406.8 KB, 33 views)
mocu dezrai first spar.rpl (833.1 KB, 21 views)

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
It is quite possible, and it has been done countless times before, even in multiplayer.

On punching, your legs won't necessarily rotate.
They will rotate if:
-You don't have a proper stance that allows your feet to generate enough friction to keep you in place;
-You exaggerate on the torque you create by a lack of relaxing your torso+pecs after you rotated them for enough frames.

That's what you need to learn to make a good boxing replay like this.

If you want references I'd recommend Largekilla's replay thread since I remember seeing quite a few of his replays with multiple punching combos while maintaining a fixed position (for more references look for example through some of Swexx's stuff).

I admit that this is surely a difficult event for a few replay-makers and specially for beginners, but anyone familiar with realistic replay-making can easily make a proper entry.

You're okay on replays so maybe it's plausible to a degree. Still... You can't uppercut* and can't jab** properly in toribash. Hooks and sloppy punches are still possible.

* in Toribash, you can't move the arm upwards and extend it, without moving move a lot to the outer side, which doesn't happen in uppercuts.

** the same here, in Toribash, if you want to jab, you have to move your bent arm to the right side, which makes it sloppy.

the same with blocking. You cannot take a proper boxing stance... to block punches.

So the conclussion is, I dunno. It will lack a lot to real boxing and stuff like that. Props to someone, if he can execute a fully watchable , good replay despite these disabilities.
I made a replay awhile back that is me an uke punching the crap out of each other. This isn't my entry for the Event, just to show jsnuff. ;)
Attached Files
Punchfest..rpl (131.0 KB, 68 views)