ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Just placed 10k and pinged 1 second after. The player who i bet on, won later.
pls
100% supported.

If you bet and ping, not only do you automatically lose the money you placed, but the tc you bet is no longer counted towards the winnings for other players should you lose the bet. This is a real pain for all parties involved - not just the person who pinged.

If this is at all possible I strongly believe it should be implemented. So many times I've seen people lose 100k+ (so over $5-worth of tc) because the server was unstable and a bunch of people pinged. It's so frustrating and could definitely be a big factor driving people away from the game.

Please, please elevate.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
I have recently lost a lot of TC because of my bad internet connection.
I was going to make a thread about this but since you have first, i would like to let everyone know how this should be fixed.

I don't know much about coding and/or programming
But the correct way to fix this problem with no downsides
Would be to have the bet going, not depending on where the player is.
For example i bet 100k.
and then i ping/fping doesn't matter
The bet should NOT be returned, but should NOT sink neither.
The bet should keep going just as if i was there, if i lose, i lose, and if i win, i win.

Not sure if there's an easier way to do this.
But if you can't think of anything, you can use the server to host the bets.
For example we have a situation like this
Player1: Bets 1000 tc
player2: Bets 4000 tc
Player3: Bets 3000 tc
All of these bets should be sent and safe on the server's balance
Player1 Pings.
And the TC is still at the servers balance,
After the game finishes, the TC should be sent to the players as if it was a transfer through the forums.
Not depending on what server they are, not depending if they are online or offline.

I do not see any downsides to this. If there is any, please correct me.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
The fact that recently the toribash servers have been iffy, makes me scared as fuck to bet anything. I'm a person who bets obsenely high amounts just for fun, my fun is cut short when I ping. Once again as I was already quoted: I don't understand why if you are NOT PLAYING you still get your TC sunk when you ping.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Thats it. Your bet should just always be considered by the server.
I guess it would be a good idea to just "teach" Bookie to manage this thing.

Though I have no idea how hard will be to make a programme that would detect whether or not the current round did end, who did bet actually at current server (since transactions come to bookie from many different game servers at the same time) and other related things that are only visible for players who are connected to the server.
Thats actually why I was thinking about a bot that will see what others on the server see - to make the implementation, as i think easier, though a bit more dirty.
Originally Posted by Fea View Post
Thats it. Your bet should just always be considered by the server.
I guess it would be a good idea to just "teach" Bookie to manage this thing.

Though I have no idea how hard will be to make a programme that would detect whether or not the current round did end, who did bet actually at current server (since transactions come to bookie from many different game servers at the same time) and other related things that are only visible for players who are connected to the server.
Thats actually why I was thinking about a bot that will see what others on the server see - to make the implementation, as i think easier, though a bit more dirty.

You call it a "bot", i called it "The server"
We have the same point
The bet made should not be between ( Player - Game round )
It should be between ( Player - Host - Game round )
There needs to be something to hold the TC till the decisions are made, then transfer the TC where it needs to be.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Yes, that is absolutely right. I am just suggesting a bot in case if it may be impossible to make the server do the operations; to make the -host- for bets.
If there is a way to at least watch through matches and their results without having some player account in the queue, the bot sure wont be necessary.
I hate it when I accidently click out of the lobby or my game crashes when I am in a bet lobby because when it does, I lose my tc. I think that we should make it to where your tc should either be returned or held in that lobby until you return. Then it will auto give ur tc back or something.
Betting and Pinging
I think that the game game should return the tc that you bet if you ping while playing or waiting in-game. Because people lick Sick, aka:Smurf, is always pinging and losing his tc. I hate it when it happens because I lose tc and I am not rich af, so yeah... I am sure this has already been brought up, but I would really love to see this in the game.

S- It has been, indeed. I merged your thread.
-----
Alright lol
Last edited by SpawnZz; Jan 30, 2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Pinging with active bet
So, this is has been a prevailing issue in the community for a while.

Yeah, I hear that people are supposed to bet at their own risk, but just sinking the TC after a ping is pretty pointless.

Surely, there is a way for someone to ping and rejoin during the same match to keep their bets.

Even if you decide not to fix it, if someone pings, their bet shouldn't just disappear into the void, it should still be counted and be able to be won from the other side.

i miss you ocean